Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting Daytona USA Online this week?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone getting Daytona USA Online this week?

Old 03-14-01, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And will you be going online with it? I've yet to play a game online with my Dreamcast, even though I did use the Shenmue Passport disc quite a bit (doesn't count I guess). But Daytona online? Woohoo! Now we separate the men from the boys.
Old 03-14-01, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you mean you haven't been playing PSO online? where have you been! you're only missing out on the best game on the dreamcast!

seriously though, Daytona looks really cool, and has something like 8 tracks which is great. I don't know how it will be playing with a controller instead of a steering wheel, but it's got to be an awful lot of fun racing against other people. It's no fun shoving computer cars out of the way, but other people - that's just cool!

I can see it now though - people playing in locked games to avoid people just driving the wrong way on the track trying to hit everyone, VMU dupers who copy their game data to have all the cars unlocked, etc, etc, etc.....
Old 03-14-01, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
------------ Release Notes -------------------------------------------------------------------->

The ultimate arcade racing experience is now available for your Dreamcast! This wild, high-speed stock car racing game allows you to choose from four dynamic viewpoints on the fly to get a true racing perspective. Realistic stock car control allows drafting, controlled braking, four-wheel drifts, and skillful acceleration to keep you in the winner's seat. Daytona USA is the explosive 3D racing game that will give you total heart-pounding, palm-sweating
excitement!

This release has fully working Internet play, something which the previous Japanese release of Daytona USA 2001 by us did not have.

Follow these simple steps to get racing online with this release:

1. Visit http://www.sega.com and sign up for an account. Click on the Login icon on the screen.

2. Once you've created the account, goto the Homepage option in the actual game itself.

3. Choose Register for Net Battle, Online Key.

4. It will now dialup to your ISP.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the key to your VMU.

6. Once you choose exit, it will bring you to the Sega Bios menu. This is normal.

7. Boot the game again, and choose Net Battle.

8. Now you can play your local buddies online!

Kahuna

[Edited by kahuna on 03-14-01 at 06:19 PM]
Old 03-15-01, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Righteous there Kahuna - thanks for the tips! I probably would have been beating my head against the wall figuring that stuff out. I'm gonna snag the game tomorrow.

Oh, and I haven't bought PSO because it just doesn't sound like fun to me. I'm more of a traditional RPG guy, so I opted to go with Grandia 2 at the time. Battling online through countless dungeons with no real story to motivate me just sounds boring. Maybe I'm wrong though. Or I'm getting old and set in my ways.
Old 03-15-01, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, I can't afford it. Besides I still need to buy NFL2K1