Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Which to get: Banjo-Tooie or Conker's Bad Fur Day?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Which to get: Banjo-Tooie or Conker's Bad Fur Day?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-01, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argh! Due to the evil that is video games manufacturers, Rare have had the incredible idea of releasing the two N64 games I've been waiting for for the longest, Banjo-Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day, on the same day. Curse them! Since I can't possibly afford both of them at once, I need to know whcih is the better game of the two. It's really not on, you wait ages for a decent N64 game and then two come along at once So, between the two, which one would you get first, and why?
Old 03-12-01, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

IMHO, Conker all the way. Banjo-Tooie is good, but I got real tired of the item collecting nature of most Rare games. Conker is challenging, surprising, and just damn entertaining. Gameplay wise Conker is simple with the context sensitive buttons offering even more ease. However, the games' challenge lies in it's non linear nature. There are no blatant clues to push you to progress(like in Sonic Adventure). Conker is a very different platformer in this sense.

Banjo offers more hours of play, but is more of the same.
Old 03-12-01, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Conker is the funniest game I have played in a wh--- ever!
I can't believe they got away with some of the stuff that's in that game!
Old 03-12-01, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Get Conker before some namby-pamby parents group gets a hold of the game and goes on a crusade to have it expunged from the shelves.
Old 03-12-01, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
conker isn't nearly as long as banjo. if you want a game with length, go with banjo. if you want a great game with tons of humor and violence, go with conker.
Old 03-12-01, 10:38 AM

Conker is the funnest(? most fun) game I have played in a LONG time... Yes, it is not very long, I finished it in 17 hours... but the game play was incredible... I sat in front of my TV like a vegetable for 2 days... and I laughed my arse off...

BUT... hindsight being 20/20... since it only took me 2 days to beat... why don't you rent it first... $4 compared to $60 is a HUGE diff... I am kinda upset that I didn't just rent it... I don't know how much replay value I will get in it, other than showing off the funny parts to other people...
Old 03-13-01, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by chrisfelice
BUT... hindsight being 20/20... since it only took me 2 days to beat... why don't you rent it first... $4 compared to $60 is a HUGE diff...
Hmm, good idea, blow the cobwebs off my Blockbuster card and see what I think of them...

Last time I tried to rent a video game from Blockbuster, they told me my card had been cancelled because I hadn't used it in so long. Jeez, you stop using them for nearly two years and they cancel your membership, that's gratitude for ya
Old 03-13-01, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by grunter
Get Conker before some namby-pamby parents group gets a hold of the game and goes on a crusade to have it expunged from the shelves.
Old 03-13-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
check your mail, i know i just got a coupon from blockbuster for 2 free rentals. Of course if you live in England it could be a bit different

Tuan Jim
Old 03-15-01, 10:57 AM

Conker Multiplayer

I finally got a chance to sit down and play Conker's multiplayer mode. I beats the Arse off of Banjo's multiplayer mode. It's right up there with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. If you have other people to play with ( more than 2) then Conker's many Multiplayer modes will keep you busy for hours.
Old 03-15-01, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TheyCallHimJim
Argh! Due to the evil that is video games manufacturers, Rare have had the incredible idea of releasing the two N64 games I've been waiting for for the longest, Banjo-Tooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day, [i]on the same day[/i?
um are you in the US? because banjo tooie has been out for about half a year now....
Old 03-15-01, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by DVDKrayzie

um are you in the US? because banjo tooie has been out for about half a year now.... [/B]
he's in the UK. they have different release dates over there.
Old 03-16-01, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Deftones17
Originally posted by DVDKrayzie

um are you in the US? because banjo tooie has been out for about half a year now....
he's in the UK. they have different release dates over there. [/B]
arent Rare games made over there? wow, they sure take their sweet-@$$ time to release some games over there if B2 just came out...
Old 03-16-01, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Curse my incompetent reading of release dates, I thought they were coming out today, but they're actually not out for another four weeks! Gyaaah, why do you taunt me so?!?!