Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got this link from http://www.fgnonline.com

http://www.gorillax.com/xboxgames/da...ontinue+%3E%3E
Old 02-26-01, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh...

Is it true that Medal Gear on the Xbox will not be the full version available on the PS2??? I think I read this in a magazine or online site recently....
Old 02-26-01, 11:36 AM
Retired

I'm not sure about Metal Gear, I've heard rumors both ways, but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. Time will tell I guess. I hope it's the full version because the X-box looks like it will be better than the PS2 right now, and I really don't have money to get both systems since I will almost definitely be getting a Gamecube.
Old 02-26-01, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joshhinkle
I'm not sure about Metal Gear, I've heard rumors both ways, but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know. Time will tell I guess. I hope it's the full version because the X-box looks like it will be better than the PS2 right now, and I really don't have money to get both systems since I will almost definitely be getting a Gamecube.
One system I will probably hold back on until it goes down in price will be the Gamecube!!! If the Xbox is no more than $300...I will probably snag that in the fall!!!
Old 02-26-01, 12:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

Did anyone see any Sega games on that list? I didn't.
Old 02-26-01, 12:40 PM
Retired

Originally posted by djones6746

One system I will probably hold back on until it goes down in price will be the Gamecube!!! If the Xbox is no more than $300...I will probably snag that in the fall!!!
What can I say, I've always been a Nintendo junky. They just have the best first party games out there, and the Gamecube will probably be no more than $199 at launch.
Old 02-26-01, 12:48 PM
Mod Emeritus

Those demos from Gamecube (Luigi's Mansion) look awesome... If they can get some killer games and great 3rd party support, I'm in. However they just told the people who make Final Fantasy games to buzz off. That really wasn't a smart move....
Old 02-26-01, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
However they just told the people who make Final Fantasy games to buzz off. That really wasn't a smart move....

Why would they tell SQUARE to buzz off?? My understanding of it was that Microsoft was begging Square to join them (from EGM mostly). BTW, Gallant Pig, where'd you read this? Thats really a stupid move, though. The main reason I went for PS2 was that I knew Square would make games for it.
Old 02-26-01, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by joshhinkle

What can I say, I've always been a Nintendo junky. They just have the best first party games out there, and the Gamecube will probably be no more than $199 at launch.
Word up! I have heard the $149 price batted around most often. A lot of their games are a bit on the "childish" side, but are still beyond addicting.
Old 02-26-01, 08:31 PM
Retired

Originally posted by RJainMJ

Why would they tell SQUARE to buzz off?? My understanding of it was that Microsoft was begging Square to join them (from EGM mostly). BTW, Gallant Pig, where'd you read this? Thats really a stupid move, though. The main reason I went for PS2 was that I knew Square would make games for it.
He was talking about Nintendo and their Gamecube. As far as I know Square is making games for the X-box.
Old 02-26-01, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Last I heard on Metal Gear X-box, it was supposed to be a visually-improved version of the PS2 game.