DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Jet Grind Radio (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/84940-jet-grind-radio.html)

edstein 02-26-01 10:37 AM

This is a great game. I just beat the final level. I have not unlocked all of the characters yet. I would love to play as the dog. That has got to be funny as hell.

What have been your experiences with this game? Have you created your own tags? My 6 year old have made a few and, I have downloaded a couple from the net.

This game could use a deathmatch mode. :)

tha_dvd_man 02-26-01 01:56 PM

I agree, it's a very great game. I just wish the later levels weren't so hard, focusing not on what makes the game so great. But still, overall it was really fun. I agree that there should've been a 2-player mode. That woulda kicked ass.
Oh and yeah I've made some tags. Dey r0x!

darkside 02-26-01 03:48 PM

Picked this up during the $20 sale at Target and have to admit it was an addictive game. Haven't finished it yet though.

edstein 02-26-01 04:09 PM

My favorite character is Cube. I like his endurance and, something about skating around with a boombox on your shoulder just seems cool.

http://www.gamecritics.com/screensho...adio_07_lg.jpg

tha_dvd_man 02-26-01 04:13 PM

Originally posted by darkside
Picked this up during the $20 sale at Target and have to admit it was an addictive game. Haven't finished it yet though.
Wow 20 bucks? Is it still that low @ Target?

darkside 02-26-01 04:31 PM

Originally posted by tha_dvd_man

I thinks it back to $40 again. The sale was a few weeks ago.

Phuzbox 02-26-01 05:23 PM

This is one of my favorite DC games. Finished it in 4 hours flat. Great music and graphics.

KoalSlaw 02-26-01 05:29 PM

This is the HIPPEST game I've ever played. It's so damned fun to play. I really hope they tweak the control and camera for the sequal though...another thing: What's up with this game selling so poorly? It never made it into the top 20 in video game sales. That's just sad. This game has everything going for it--great graphics, originality, and it's fun as hell!

tha_dvd_man 02-26-01 05:40 PM

Originally posted by KoalSlaw
This is the HIPPEST game I've ever played. It's so damned fun to play. I really hope they tweak the control and camera for the sequal though...another thing: What's up with this game selling so poorly? It never made it into the top 20 in video game sales. That's just sad. This game has everything going for it--great graphics, originality, and it's fun as hell!
Three words:
People
Are
Stupid

edstein 02-26-01 06:17 PM

Originally posted by KoalSlaw
You could say the same thing about Virtua Tennis. Another excellent game that did not get very much attention.

MWoody 02-26-01 06:18 PM

Never made top 20 in sales!? Wow! I consider it the best title Dreamcast has, especially in light of the grisly disappointment that is Shenmue.

Michael T Hudson 02-27-01 07:31 AM

Originally posted by tha_dvd_man

I thinks it back to $40 again. The sale was a few weeks ago.

I picked it up yesterday at Target for 20 I had a raincheck from when it was on sale. The price was 50 bucks ouch. It is a really cool game.

Spicollidriver1 02-27-01 11:19 AM

Quick note about Virtua Tennis is that it was named in the Top 15 games of all time in the last Gamepro magazine I think it was number 8 or something. Also as far as Jet Grind I played this yesterday for the first time, and it is pretty fun. I also have Jet Set from Japan, but haven't played it yet.

RCL66 02-27-01 01:59 PM

>You could say the same thing about Virtua Tennis. Another excellent game that did not get very much attention.<

Actually with Virtua Tennis they didn't expect it to sell well and only made 50K copies.. They sold out within the first 2 days and the title was then very hard to get for a few weeks until they could manufacture more of them..

Note they are making a sequel this year with female players and possibly online play!