DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Dreamcast - Vanishing Point (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/84843-dreamcast-vanishing-point.html)

El Scorcho 02-26-01 01:07 AM

Anyone played this? Holy shlit, I've been addicted to this all weekend. Anyone got a faq or a guide or something that tells you what needs to be done to unlock things?

BTW, the only complaint I have about this game is how squirrly the cars get with the slightest of movement. I actually like how the AI tries to make you crash by having traffic cut you off and stuff. Makes the game more interesting.

Moddy 02-26-01 02:24 AM

Originally posted by Drink 'Til She's Cute
Anyone played this? Holy shlit, I've been addicted to this all weekend. Anyone got a faq or a guide or something that tells you what needs to be done to unlock things?

BTW, the only complaint I have about this game is how squirrly the cars get with the slightest of movement. I actually like how the AI tries to make you crash by having traffic cut you off and stuff. Makes the game more interesting.

I agree, this game is a blast once you figure out how to stay in control. (I find that just letting of the gas a bit in turns instead of keeping it floored stops me from spinning out, at least with the Cobra.) I’ve only unlocked a couple of cars and tracks so far, so I’d also love a rundown of what’s available. The stunt driver mode is also addictive (okay, just one more test).

El Scorcho 02-26-01 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Moddy

Originally posted by Drink 'Til She's Cute

I agree, this game is a blast once you figure out how to stay in control. (I find that just letting of the gas a bit in turns instead of keeping it floored stops me from spinning out, at least with the Cobra.) I’ve only unlocked a couple of cars and tracks so far, so I’d also love a rundown of what’s available. The stunt driver mode is also addictive (okay, just one more test).

Psh, I already perfected each stunt driver test. :)

ECydeDave 02-26-01 04:47 PM

I was addicted for the first week or two i had this game too. To unlock regular cars (not special) you have to beat an entire series (3 races). The first 2 races in the series usually unlock a special car, track, or movie/slideshow. The 3rd race is the one that opens a regular car. So far I've only unlocked about 7 or 8 regular cars and 6 or 7 special cars. It's so annoying when you win the first 2 races and then do horrible in the 3rd!!! I get so frustrated!! But its fun...

Spicollidriver1 02-26-01 09:42 PM

I do like this except the touchy control.