Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PSX/PS2 GameShark

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, what's the word on the PS2 GameShark? Have the new versions eliminated the... well... crappitude? Will a PSX GameShark work with old games on the new system?

Got to thinking about this one as we were discussing Evil Dead: Hail to the King. A GameShark full life code is the only way I could stand to finish that game, I'm sure.
Old 02-25-01, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My understanding is....the new PS2 gameshark has codes for PS1 and PS2 games....will work for both when inputting new codes for the PS1!!!

Do not believe you can use the old PS1 gameshark on the PS2 system!!! If so, let me know.....
Old 02-25-01, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The way I understand it, the PS2 gameshark includes a CD for PSX games, but you can't input new codes.
Old 02-25-01, 09:34 PM

I have the PS2 GameShark and it only has 2000 PSX codes for about 138 games. I don't think you can add new PSX codes to it but I haven't tried yet. It does have codes for a couple dozen PS2 games already included and it's very easy to add more PS2 codes.
Old 02-26-01, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The worst part about the PS2 Game Shark is the lack of codes for PS2 games. They only have one person working on codes and its taking forever to get codes. I wanted codes for Gungriffon, but have all but given up on ever getting any. The PS1 disc is a waste IMO. Its very limited and you can't enter new codes. Since Interact made themselves the only place you can get codes for the Dreamcast and PS2 its hardly been worth the high price for a Game Shark. Interact is very suck.
Old 02-26-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I HAD a PS2 gameshark and returned it. The "bonus" disc they include with PS1 games was pathetic. They didn't have most new games that I would use it for, and the ones they did have codes for didn't work.

My advice would be to buy a Gameshark Lite for the PS1. It's just a cd, no device to plug in, and works on the PS2 for your PS1 games. You can add codes as long as you have a memory card present. At some point a non-Interact cheat device will come out for the PS2. I advise you wait for that as the GS for PS2 right now is utter crap.
Old 02-27-01, 09:35 AM

All of the current PS2 GameShark codes are listed at http://www.gameshark.com