Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Xbox, PlayStation, PC, day one on Game Pass) - 10.17.24

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Are you going to play Black Ops 6?
I have no interest in this COD game
0%
I intend to play through the campaign
100.00%
I intend to play multiplayer (a little or a lot)
16.67%
Iíll buy and play the game on PC/PlayStation/Xbox
0%
Iíll play the game on PC/Xbox Game Pass
83.33%
Iíll wait to play on Switch 2, if it ever comes
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Xbox, PlayStation, PC, day one on Game Pass) - 10.17.24

Old 06-11-24, 09:26 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,238 Likes on 878 Posts

Back Ops 6 was shown during the Xbox showcase on Sunday.

Looks like theyíre bringing some more focus to the campaign, which is a good thing. Itís set in the early í90s, between the Bush Sr. and Clinton presidencies. In an interview with IGN, one of the lead developers said itíll include some mind fuckery like the first Black Ops game did.

Multiplayer will apparently have 16 maps from the get-go. This will also be the first COD in a long time where all supported platforms* will get the same game and updates on release; no timed platform-exclusive maps or perks, etc.
The game also has some new ďOmni movementĒ feature which is supposed to make running around and sliding and all that feel more real. Whatever.

Iím genuinely intrigued by the campaign, so Iíll be playing that on my PC, but I wish they had taken this time to push at least some of the previous games to Game Pass.

Iím including a poll because Iím curious where other folks fall on COD games. I havenít played any in years, but I did usually like the campaigns that I did play. I spent a ton of time in multiplayer in the original Modern Warfare 2, but those days are behind me. Iíll play the campaign using Game Pass, but otherwise wouldnít have bought this until it was super cheap, and I donít intend to play multiplayer.

*Switch is not included on the release plans for this game, yet. I suspect it was too far along before the acquisition closed to meet that ďeven on NintendoĒ mandate from MS, and if anything, theyíll target Switch 2 next year. Cloud gaming is also up in the air, but the MS deal with Ubisoft leaves that in Ubiís hands.
Old 06-11-24, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,465 Likes on 4,422 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Xbox, PlayStation, PC, day one on Game Pass) - 10.17.24

I haven't played a CoD game this generation, but since it's free with Game Pass, I'll play the campaign on XSX. I wouldn't have bought it, even on sale.
Old 06-11-24, 12:06 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 984 Likes on 821 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Xbox, PlayStation, PC, day one on Game Pass) - 10.17.24

i haven't played a BOPS game ever, i don't think. CoD: MW's yes, but never jumped into BOPS bc i thought it was just overkill. as long as it has a nice single player campaign, i'm all for it on XBSX.
Old 06-11-24, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 135 Posts

Honestly, and I'm not just saying this because it's popular to hate on COD, that trailer was awful and the game looks like shit.

For those of you who haven't played in a while, Activision thinks they make up for rushing the game every year by adding 50,000 different attachments for your weapons and re-using old maps, not once, but in multiple variants. Oh yeah, skins as well. I was all for them at one point, but I quickly realized how much it pulls you out of the game when you hear snoop or Nikki minaj mutter some nonsense after they kill you - they look beyond ridiculous running around as well. Don't get me started on the black cell nonsense either.

Sadly, they make way too much money off of operator skins and other nonsense to ever stop.

What's really comical is how after the launch trailer was released, they also released a bunch of dev videos right alongside of it explaining how this years COD is going to be "much different" - it's not, they're just going to make it worse. Without even seeing a multiplayer reveal yet, I can tell it's just going to be the same old shit based on the HUD video they created.

This game series never really expanded on anything after COD 4: Modern Warfare.

Old 06-11-24, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,465 Likes on 4,422 Posts

Originally Posted by Rival11
This game series never really expanded on anything after COD 4: Modern Warfare.
Honestly, they kind of lost me after they started recycling the names of their games. I have no idea which game is which any more.
The following users liked this post:
Dan (06-11-24)
Old 06-11-24, 05:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 984 Likes on 821 Posts

No one does. I played through first two and they were god awful and so fucking short. 3 was the pinnacle.