DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   MLB The Show 23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/657196-mlb-show-23-a.html)

Sonny Corinthos 01-30-23 02:48 PM

MLB The Show 23

Introducing Jazz Chisholm as the cover athlete for MLB The Show 23.

Pre-orders open February 6, 2023.
MLB® The Show™ - Home

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnvyBz_a...g&name=900x900

I might it a whirl if it's released on Xbox Game pass like 22 was last year.

MrX 01-30-23 04:20 PM

Re: MLB The Show 23

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 14227719)
I might it a whirl if it's released on Xbox Game pass like 22 was last year.

Gamespot story says it is

Rival11 01-30-23 09:52 PM

Funny seeing this thread. I just bought '22 last night....had no idea the show was even available for xbox​​.

Sonny Corinthos 02-01-23 11:17 AM

I am glad it's coming to Xbox Game pass. Here is some more info about the game.

MLB The Show 23 release date, cover star, and pre-orders announced - Polygon

Rob V 02-08-23 09:11 AM

You can now pre-install this thru Game Pass.

Sonny Corinthos 02-09-23 08:16 AM

I think this is very cool to add the Negro League to the game. I would bet there's a lot of people in the younger crowd who have never heard of it before.

Rival11 02-10-23 12:17 PM

I finally played '22 and I was amazed at how detailed broadcast mode was. That's the only mode I like to play on. I don't like how confusing the create a player is - you should only have to create your player once and be able to use as your main ballplayer and as a player in the pro teams roster.

I am glad that you have the option to not get too detailed and it's really cool how they added the different types of indicator styles for pitching and fielding.

I hear that this game follows the EA formula where it's basically the same game every year? Is that true?

Noonan 02-10-23 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 14232889)
I hear that this game follows the EA formula where it's basically the same game every year? Is that true?

On the same gen console, more or less. Unlike Madden, The Show hasn't been around long enough for them to remove features, then bring them back 10 years later as a "New amazing feature for next year!"

Rival11 02-13-23 01:51 PM

How do you change the difficulty in March to October for the show 22? I'm stuck at the beginner difficulty (I just started) I've played about 10 or so games (including simulations). I'm constantly hitting home runs.

Also, I'm surprised they don't have a mode where you literally play all 162 games, every inning for the die hards.

Rival11 02-14-23 08:49 AM

Ok, nevermind. I found my home in the lower menus. I just want to play and have fun - I'm not interested in getting too detailed or stats. BUT I am interested in created a team with legends so I might look into that.

This game is very addictive. Turning the jukebox off while practicing hitting is nice stress reliever as well - lol.

Sonny Corinthos 02-16-23 03:52 PM

Here's the updates to gameplay.

Rival11 02-21-23 09:57 AM

It's cool how you can download legacy team rosters. They definitely didn't have the '87 Yankees roster but there are some legacy players available from that team and for the rest I'm just searching the player vault as the die-hard fans have created them for me to download - very cool.

csant 02-21-23 10:41 AM

Damn, a lot of new changes that look really damn good.

Rival11 03-02-23 12:43 PM

I'm getting pretty good at this game.

What are your preferences? I keep seeing a lot of people say you have to use the PCI and anchor if you ever want to be good at hitting. They say you also have to use "Strike Zone" for your hitting view. Nope, not me. Not only do I not use the PCI and anchor, I use the "zoom" view only. On top of all that, I actually turn the strikezone off as well.

I can't stand all of that shit blocking my view at the plate - I need to start with a clean view and focus on the ball. I'd even turn of the pitch type indicator if I could.

I use button accuracy for fielding and I completely agree with the change in '23 to make it harder.

I use pinpoint for pitching as well - it's the hardest but most rewarding and stops the opposing team from getting miracle and convenient hits off you. Since I leave the strike zone view disabled, it actually helps with my pitching as well.

I have no idea what's its like playing people online yet - I'm sure they're insanely good but I might jump into an online game soon. I never play all nine innings though, well sometimes I do - I mainly do six.