DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Assassins' Creed Mirage (10/5/23; PC/PS/Xbox) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/656153-assassins-creed-mirage-10-5-23%3B-pc-ps-xbox.html)

Decker 08-30-22 05:15 PM

Assassins' Creed Mirage (10/5/23; PC/PS/Xbox)

Decker 08-30-22 05:18 PM

re: Assassins' Creed Mirage (10/5/23; PC/PS/Xbox)

New Assassin's Creed Game Called Mirage, Coming Spring 2023, Takes Series Back To Roots - Report

A new leak also suggests a remake of the 2007 original Assassin's Creed is in development.

Ahead of Ubisoft's big Assassin's Creed event in September, new details about a new game in the series have emerged, though all of this is a rumor for now and nothing is confirmed.

A YouTuber, j0nathan, reported that a new Assassin's Creed game called Assassin's Creed Mirage is on the way and will launch in Spring 2023. The game will reportedly take place in Baghdad in late '800s. It will also be a "return to basics" for the series with no levelling, the report said.

Reporter Jason Schreier said some of what's been reported about the new game is true, like the name (Mirage), the setting (Baghdad), and release window (Spring 2023), and the return-to-basics approach. Some parts of the leak may not be true, however, as Schreier's source said the rumor that the game will have "multiple cities to explore" is untrue.

The leak also suggested players will control Basim, a character from Assassin's Creed Valhalla, in his youth, leading up to when he arrived at the Hidden Ones. The game will do away with dialogue choices and the ability to select a gender, the leak said.

The leak added that Mirage's reported back-to-basics approach is inspired by the 2007 original Assassin's Creed, and that Ubisoft is working on a remake of this game. This alleged remake will be part of Mirage's season pass, and there will also be Constantinople DLC, the report said.

More details are expected to be divulged during the Ubisoft Forward event on September 10. Also during this event we may learn more about the very ambitious-sounding Assassin's Creed Infinity.

Adam Tyner 08-30-22 06:51 PM

After ditching Valhalla so much sooner than Origins and Odyssey, something a little more back to basics would definitely be appreciated. The last pre-RPG installment I played was Syndicate, and if it’s anything like that in terms of scope and mechanics, I’ll be happy.

ViewAskewbian 08-31-22 06:42 AM

Baghdad, huh? Interesting, though I'm still holding out for a Samurai era Japan AC.

Decker 08-31-22 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian (Post 14156503)
Baghdad, huh? Interesting, though I'm still holding out for a Samurai era Japan AC.

Yeah, somebody else made that game like three years ago.

Noonan 08-31-22 09:33 AM

Yup. Doing Feudal Japan now would be a big mistake for Ubi since it'll just be comparted to GoT and would obviously be not as good.

ViewAskewbian 09-01-22 07:16 AM

Nice. I'd never heard of Ghost Of Tsushima and had to look it up (GoT to me still means Game of Thrones :p). Looks cool. I lived in Japan for a bit and visited some ancient sites and have be wanting a roam around game set in that era for awhile. Will give this one a look.

Noonan 09-01-22 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian (Post 14157125)
Nice. I'd never heard of Ghost Of Tsushima and had to look it up (GoT to me still means Game of Thrones :p). Looks cool. I lived in Japan for a bit and visited some ancient sites and have be wanting a roam around game set in that era for awhile. Will give this one a look.

Not to derail this thread but you absolutely should. It was so good Japanese devs were saying they wish they had made it themselves rather than a North America team. It's a masterpiece of a game.

Decker 09-01-22 08:49 AM

And it's included for both the PS4 and the PS5 version with the PlayStation Plus Extra tier.

K&AJones 09-08-22 05:46 AM

Just a reminder the Ubisoft Show is this Saturday and they promise to show a lot on AC and other games. Pretty neat trailers for the 15 Year History of Assassin's Creed....

Eric F 09-10-22 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14160343)
Just a reminder the Ubisoft Show is this Saturday and they promise to show a lot on AC and other games. Pretty neat trailers for the 15 Year History of Assassin's Creed....

I just watched Ubi Forward and they showed absolutely nothing of any new AC gameplay. They showed a lot of CG footage, vague and confusing announcements and…nothing.

Which leads me to believe they have nothing.

K&AJones 09-10-22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 14161541)
I just watched Ubi Forward and they showed absolutely nothing of any new AC gameplay. They showed a lot of CG footage, vague and confusing announcements and…nothing.

Which leads me to believe they have nothing.

I bet Sucker Punch is further along on Ghost of Tsushima 2....Like the concept and fitting the AC Franchise to be there...but get the feeling and plus the way games have been delayed....this looks like mid 2024 release.

Mirage on the other hand...looks good...has a bit of Origins Flavor but I'm in....says a 2023 Release...

Eric F 09-10-22 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14161617)
I bet Sucker Punch is further along on Ghost of Tsushima 2....Like the concept and fitting the AC Franchise to be there...but get the feeling and plus the way games have been delayed....this looks like mid 2024 release.

Mirage on the other hand...looks good...has a bit of Origins Flavor but I'm in....says a 2023 Release...

What looks good? The CG trailer? Yeah, I guess, if that’s your thing. I’m not seeing any gameplay there although they had no problems asking us to preorder.

K&AJones 09-11-22 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 14161661)
What looks good? The CG trailer? Yeah, I guess, if that’s your thing. I’m not seeing any gameplay there although they had no problems asking us to preorder.

The "CGI Trailer'...like so many from so many other games Looks Good...but the meaning and phrase...."....looks good" was more in reference to The Setting (Bagdad), timeline, playing Basin which was a key figure in AC Valhalla and going back to the roots of AC. I had watched this 'Trailer' with Dev Commentary which I based my...'It looks good" comment on in general about it going back To AC1 and it's roots....worth a watch as they point out a lot most probably didn't notice....

Eric F 09-11-22 05:38 PM

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

slop101 09-12-22 12:49 PM

What an awful assassin!
Why wait for his target to pass him and then attack his guard first, when he could've immediately killed his target and then disappeared.

RocShemp 09-13-22 06:18 AM

Looks like a good movie. Any plans to make a video game based on it?

Decker 09-02-23 09:54 AM

Moving this post into the appropriate thread :

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14317791)
Have to say, this is looking good and return to it's roots is obvious here......I almost forgot about this coming out first part of next month since most everything Game wise out there is COD, Starfield, Diablo, Baldur's Gate and Armored Core....some good stuff on the Making Of and some new Gameplay in the last 1-2 Days released...

Personally I'm kind of glad that this game is somewhat smaller and cheaper ($49.99). The past couple AC games were too.massive for me to even finish. And I kind of thought the Viking one was sort of a drag, moving things into a less-fun direction.

Adam Tyner 09-02-23 12:29 PM

I happily sunk 100 hours into Origins and marginally less happily 120 hours into Odyssey (which I did really enjoy, but the length did feel kind of oppressive). I just couldn’t be a completionist with Valhalla, which I found less compelling in nearly every way. I still think it wound up being 60 hours to end credits, even with everything I ignored.

I’m looking forward to Mirage being more manageable in size/scope and dialing back the RPG elements.

nickdawgy 09-02-23 12:34 PM

Can’t wait for spring 2023.

K&AJones 09-02-23 02:34 PM

Re: Assassins' Creed Mirage (10/5/23; PC/PS/Xbox)

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 14317843)
I happily sunk 100 hours into Origins and marginally less happily 120 hours into Odyssey (which I did really enjoy, but the length did feel kind of oppressive). I just couldn’t be a completionist with Valhalla, which I found less compelling in nearly every way. I still think it wound up being 60 hours to end credits, even with everything I ignored.

I’m looking forward to Mirage being more manageable in size/scope and dialing back the RPG elements.

if one game deserves a ...Nex Gen Remaster...it's Origins ....I still say it's the best looking. They captured Egypt down to every stone. Loved the characters and many times i just flew around and looked at the sights.....one reason why I am looking foward to Mirage. i think this is actually the first AC Game made with PS5/XB Series X in mind....

K&AJones 09-14-23 05:46 AM

So far seems a lot of early previews and hands on experiences have been positive of that's been seen. Gamingbolt has a good article and video up....with the game a month away, good read and look...

Assassin’s Creed Mirage Preview – 10 New Details We’ve Learned About It (gamingbolt.com)

Another good video...he's pretty good being straight shooter on games....

Decker 10-04-23 05:30 PM

Game unlocks in a couple of hours. Last chance to get your digital pre-order bonus mission.
Reviews have been solid. Running 77 on Metacritic

lwhy? 10-04-23 05:36 PM

If this is going back to sneaking around and stealth, I'll wait for a deep sale. I hate stealth. I'm terrible at it. I really like the action of Odyssey and Valhalla.

mhg83 10-04-23 07:15 PM

Does Ubisoft ➕️ have a free week trial? If it's as short as reviews saying I might get the trial when I have a weekend off :)