DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Hogwarts Legacy - 2/10/23 (Xbox, PS, Steam) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/655998-hogwarts-legacy-2-10-23-xbox-ps-steam.html)

Adam Tyner 08-12-22 11:08 AM

Hogwarts Legacy - 2/10/23 (Xbox, PS, Steam)

E Unit 08-12-22 12:10 PM

Re: Hogwarts Legacy - 2/10/23 (Xbox, PS, Steam)

I've been Potter'ed out for a few years now. Unless this get outstanding reviews, I don't see myself getting this.

mhg83 08-13-22 08:19 PM

I'm pumped for this but upset they're holding back Quidditch for DLC or a sequel :(

Adam Tyner 08-23-22 05:39 PM

K&AJones 11-13-22 07:13 AM

There was a 46 minute Dev Stream the other day showcasing everything from Player Creation, Tour of Hogwarts, Spells, Combat, etc.......I must admit I've watched all the Harry Potter Movies and enjoyed them all and franly Hogwarts Legacy looks stellar and amazing, might be a huge surprise. It seems there really is a lot he game than just running around casting spells....check the Dev Stream....the Musical Score really stands out as much as touring Hogwarts that really is a sight to see...

Adam Tyner 12-13-22 01:28 PM

So:

PS5; Xbox Series S|X: February 10th
PS4; Xbox One: April 4th
Switch: July 25th

candyrocket786 01-03-23 12:57 PM

Decided to po this for the PS5. First game I've bought in over year. :lol:

Decker 01-03-23 01:10 PM

Looks interesting, but I am waiting on reviews. New IP, and lots of potential for a sub-optimal outcome. Plus every WB game drops in price like a rock. Just look at Gotham Knights.

lwhy? 01-03-23 02:33 PM

I'm going to wait for reviews. I always buy games on sale anyways. That way they've been patched a few times to improve performance.

mhg83 01-04-23 01:28 AM

This has been my dream game for years. Can't believe they waited so long. I think this would have more hype had it released shorty after the last movie.

stvn1974 01-05-23 07:37 PM

I have a PS4 but the last game I played was Tomb Raider 3 on the OG Playstation. I have decided to give this a shot.

K&AJones 01-08-23 07:53 AM

This is long but so far the best "Preview" covering about every aspect of the game...and there's a lot in here I've never seen nor knew about.....

K&AJones 01-16-23 10:07 PM

I wonder if Steam Players know something console players don't...PO's and Most Wished For are going thru the roof over there...

Hogwarts Legacy has climbed even higher up the Steam charts | GamesRadar+

And now over at Amazon.... Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently Amazon's Top-Selling Game On PS5 - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)

mhg83 01-28-23 07:49 PM

So what house are you guys going with? I'm picking Slytherin and doing pure evil :)

Noonan 01-29-23 09:21 AM

I can’t decide between hufflepuff or ravenclaw. Basing it purely off of which common area I like more. Both are so nice.

K&AJones 01-29-23 01:06 PM

just a bit of advice on Reviews...I read the IGN Final Preview which is up and for the most part pretty positive....until the last paragraph which sadly brings in some of the ....Social Politics.... by mentioning J.K Rowling's comments on Gender Diversity which has caused a rift from all walks of life. Majority of the commentators didn't care much that IGN put that in there instead of just focusing on The Game...so some brought up the fact don't be surprised...and take it with a grain of salt...some Negative Reviews ripping the Game for this sole purpose...

Hogwarts Legacy: The Final Preview - IGN

The Questyen 01-29-23 01:38 PM

I forgot from my time away how obsessed most of you are with reviews. Half the new game posts are links to metacritic or other reviews.

Adam Tyner 01-29-23 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14226915)
I can’t decide between hufflepuff or ravenclaw.

I’m getting this for my wife rather than playing myself (though maybe I will at some point), but it’ll definitely be Hufflepuff.

mhg83 01-29-23 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14226994)
just a bit of advice on Reviews...I read the IGN Final Preview which is up and for the most part pretty positive....until the last paragraph which sadly brings in some of the ....Social Politics.... by mentioning J.K Rowling's comments on Gender Diversity which has caused a rift from all walks of life. Majority of the commentators didn't care much that IGN put that in there instead of just focusing on The Game...so some brought up the fact don't be surprised...and take it with a grain of salt...some Negative Reviews ripping the Game for this sole purpose...

Hogwarts Legacy: The Final Preview - IGN

Ridiculous. Rowling has no part in the making of the game and the Devs support LGBTQ. I'm sure she does get some portion of sales though. If people feel guilty buying the game, maybe donate an equal amount to a charity connected to trans people?

I just wanna be a Wizard lol

bmoney1023 01-29-23 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 14227002)
I forgot from my time away how obsessed most of you are with reviews. Half the new game posts are links to metacritic or other reviews.

Yeah who cares about reviews for a game you haven't even played yet? Just drop the $70+ and find out if it was worth it am I right?

Deftones 01-30-23 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 14227002)

You say this as if lots of people have all this extra income laying around. For some, that $70 might be their monthly entertainment budget. Getting an informed decision on a purchase is nothing to knock someone for. :shrug:

Dan 01-30-23 12:51 PM

It's one thing to be interested in well-done reviews to determine if you're going to like a game or not, but to me that's more about finding specific writers/reviewers that actually like the same kind of stuff you like, and not relying on a Metacritic score or like 2 sentences each from 100 reviews. I no longer understand the obsession with scores in general, more particularly algorithmically-derived combined scoring like Metacritic and RT.

mhg83 01-30-23 05:10 PM

Fools on Tik Tok saying how first thing they gonna do is Avada Kedavra everyone at the school. That's probably a spell you have to be high level to unlock it lol

OldBoy 01-30-23 05:34 PM

I can use Tiny Tina’s Wonderland as my primer. Let’s see the Hogwart’s character turn an enemy into Skeep!

Adam Tyner 01-30-23 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 14227831)
Fools on Tik Tok saying how first thing they gonna do is Avada Kedavra everyone at the school. That's probably a spell you have to be high level to unlock it lol

I read that it’s an endgame thing.