Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NBA 2k23

Old 11-21-22, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: NBA 2k23

Question for you vets of this series (this is my first time playing). I started a franchise mode in the modern era and playing as the Detroit Pistons... in real life, Cade Cunningham is hurt but why is he also hurt in the game I'm playing? Is there no way to play with rosters that don't reflect the real NBA?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-22, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,294 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
Question for you vets of this series (this is my first time playing). I started a franchise mode in the modern era and playing as the Detroit Pistons... in real life, Cade Cunningham is hurt but why is he also hurt in the game I'm playing? Is there no way to play with rosters that don't reflect the real NBA?

Thanks in advance.
Did you start the franchise mode after he got hurt? Usually once you start a mode they don't update injury status in real time (though they simulate fake injuries and the like).

If you're in a mode where you basically have god access to rosters (ie: not something like myplayer) you should be able to go to the player in the roster and edit their "vitals" to change their injury, at least that's how it worked in the past.
Old 11-21-22, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Did you start the franchise mode after he got hurt? Usually once you start a mode they don't update injury status in real time (though they simulate fake injuries and the like).

If you're in a mode where you basically have god access to rosters (ie: not something like myplayer) you should be able to go to the player in the roster and edit their "vitals" to change their injury, at least that's how it worked in the past.
I did start it after he was hurt. I'll see if I can edit him... thank you!
Edit: turns out you need to start you franchise with "injury free rosters" at the very start. They actually update the real rosters every day based on injuries.... which is impressive.

This game is fun. I need to dial in the sliders to my liking but I'm close and having a blast.

Last edited by Rob V; 11-22-22 at 09:23 AM.