Reload this Page >

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Old 05-24-24, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Good to see...I got lucky and got the one key Unique that makes my Barrage Build more fun and awesome...Scoundrels Kiss...which turns the Rapid Fire into a Rapid Fire Grenade Launcher that I can have normal or Cold Explosions. Been easier and better but still some survival issues. I've got to think about jumping into T4 now that I hit 64. Useless for me to stay in T3 but Friend finally got to playing but she's in T2 at about 31...might have to give you a shout MrX....
Old 05-24-24, 09:19 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Maxroll updates their tier lists.

Shadow Minion Necro, Bash Barb, Thorns Barb, and Heartseeker Rogue are the current S tier builds.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/endgame-tier-list

Edit: They're nerfing Bash Bard according to the update notes that just came out. Damage is going to be additive instead of multiplicative,

Bash Barb is the only class I've seen video of that's soloed Uber Lilith this season.

Last edited by MrX; 05-24-24 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-25-24, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Maxroll updates their tier lists.

Shadow Minion Necro, Bash Barb, Thorns Barb, and Heartseeker Rogue are the current S tier builds.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/endgame-tier-list

Edit: They're nerfing Bash Bard according to the update notes that just came out. Damage is going to be additive instead of multiplicative,

Bash Barb is the only class I've seen video of that's soloed Uber Lilith this season.
I started out with a Basrrage early and I had issues with resources as it chewed it up...expected. Then saw this which makes no sense on paper ad Heatseeker is a Basic, not a Core. I tried it with bare minimum gear and Aspects and just couldn't get it work. Went back to Barrage but after landing Scoundrels Kiss Unique ring, using Rapid Fire and it's doing the job...it's a rapid fire grenade launcher. I still might revisit this later since four of finally got together last night and opened T4 up.....and what a difference. I was sitting at around 5180 Attack Power using a really good Bow Unique capped at 60. I get a decent Crossbow level 70 that has about +900 Damage, put on Aspect I wanted (cost about 438K gold) and BAM...went from 5180 Attack Power to 8200...that was with one piece.....

...and my friend Kanjji started Thursday at Level 21 in T2 and last night she was at level 57 in T4...she couldn't believe how fast leveling is now and i told her they bumped the % values up big time. Two others said they were going ahead and start another character. I think I'm holding off on that and wait for Season 5 when there is a actual Theme....we have other games....Warframe, Fallout 76, Dying Light 2....still to get in.....
Old 05-25-24, 09:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Leveling starts to slow down the closer you get to 100. You pretty much have to use the profane mindcage in the Helltide or run NDs or the Pit to make quick jumps. I hit 91 last night.

I tried switching over to Shadow Minion and it doesn’t feel as strong as the regular minion build, but I still need to change some things in my gear. I was one shotting bosses in the NDs with the golem, now it takes a couple of shots.

One thing they did reduce is the affixes that are ranks to skills. Maxroll has adding ranks to Hellbent Commander as the #1 affix you want for an amulet and I don’t think I’ve ever seen an amulet with it yet. Same with Skeletal Mage Mastery.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (05-25-24)
Old 05-27-24, 09:15 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Feel like I won the Lotto last night. Played for an hour and came away with an amulet with +1 Hellbent Commander, pants with +1 Skeletal Mage Mastery, and Gloves that were +2 Skeletal Mage Mastery. And tempering didn’t completely brick any of them.

Ginwen (05-27-24)
Old 05-27-24, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Leveling starts to slow down the closer you get to 100. You pretty much have to use the profane mindcage in the Helltide or run NDs or the Pit to make quick jumps. I hit 91 last night.
Still seems pretty fast to me. I played about 50 minutes of helltide yesterday and gained just short of a full-level (went from middle 96 to just below middle of 97). I did hang out and slightly assist with killing blood maiden (or whatever she's called) a bunch of times, which makes it pretty fast. That was without the mindcage.

Last edited by Ginwen; 05-28-24 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-31-24, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Though this is Diablo 4 Thread, I'll say for anyone who is a fan of this type of game and top down...really needs to check out the two trailers of...Path of Exile II...from yesterday's Playstation State of Play. The Reveal Trailer was one but with PoEII, this time there is a emphasis on Console Players. With the first game is was mainly all PC and they made excess for console but we still didn't get a lot of the options as PC. Not with PoEII....they literally have a Console Team. I didn't want to post the trailers, just best look it up. I played the first one on and off which like Diablo, has seasonal play and themes. Way more a bit complicated but the build variations are way more along with more classes.
Old 06-01-24, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've yet to do any Master Crafting...for one we've only ran The Pitt once and lately my coop friend has been out with a bad back. But I'm like Level 84 and of course only seeing Level 80 Gear. So the only recourse is Master Crafting but I saw something saying when you do use it, aim for the Defense Mode and the option to increase Gear ....5-10%...or something like that. I guess I need to look up a good article or video showing just how this is done and works...
Old 06-01-24, 10:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I've yet to do any Master Crafting...for one we've only ran The Pitt once and lately my coop friend has been out with a bad back. But I'm like Level 84 and of course only seeing Level 80 Gear. So the only recourse is Master Crafting but I saw something saying when you do use it, aim for the Defense Mode and the option to increase Gear ....5-10%...or something like that. I guess I need to look up a good article or video showing just how this is done and works...
Masterworking just raises your affixes by 5% percent and then the 4th, 8th, and 12th time, one affix gets bumped up 25%

Ranks 1-4 require mats from Tier 1-30 in the pit, ranks 5-8 require mats from Tier 31-60, and the final 4 ranks are from mats in tiers 61 and up.

Iíve made it up to 66 and itís starting to become a challenge. My necro at this point can clear 100 lvl nightmare dungeons with no problem.
K&AJones (06-02-24)
Old 06-02-24, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrX
Masterworking just raises your affixes by 5% percent and then the 4th, 8th, and 12th time, one affix gets bumped up 25%

Ranks 1-4 require mats from Tier 1-30 in the pit, ranks 5-8 require mats from Tier 31-60, and the final 4 ranks are from mats in tiers 61 and up.

Iíve made it up to 66 and itís starting to become a challenge. My necro at this point can clear 100 lvl nightmare dungeons with no problem.
Thanks for the insight...I caught a decent video on the simple way of explaining it...I held off jumping straight in because one thing I kept hearing was...it was very expensive....to do the upgrades. So I wanted to make sure I had at least one solid gear pc to start with....and I did . I picked up a piece (Ring) with Three Greater Affixes....it has a small blue Ribbon on the left corner. And all three are something I use. I then added a good Temper to it and then did my first Masterwork. Along with it and finally sitting down and going over each gear pc and getting some correct affixes and doing some Tempering, doing way, way better. We jumped in The Pitt last night...four of us for a few rounds and some Nightmare Dungeons before calling it.. In a way, it's a mirror event just like Diablo 3 greater Rifts....you keep moving, kill as many as you can but don't worry about trash mobs too much. We were flying but we're still in the early levels and haven't done any Masterork except on one piece for now.
Old 06-02-24, 11:01 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The biggest pain is if you get something new you want to use you have to run tier 30 again a bunch of times to get the mats to masterwork it the first 4 times and so on. I believe if you salvage it you get some mats back. You can convert mats at the alchemist, but’s it’s not worth it.

You can reset the item also, but it takes you all the way back down to the beginning and you don’t get the mats back.
K&AJones (06-02-24)
Old 06-03-24, 06:42 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Maxroll's ladder pit event ended and it looks the highest anyone made it in the pit was 140. They did it with a sorc. I watched the youtube video and it looked like he spent 75% of the time with the boss.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/events/s4-pit-ladder
K&AJones (06-07-24)
Old 06-04-24, 09:01 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The Outlaw Sharpshooter boss in the higher level pits is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to hit him because he's moving all over the map, laying traps and spawning shadow versions on Lilith, Elias and Beast in the Ice. I was up to Tier 68 last night, made it through and was one shot killed repeatedly.

I ran it again and wound up with the Drowned Seahag and didn't have a problem.

I was reading on the reddit from people that when they get into the 100 Tiers they don't even bother fighting him and just leave if he's the boss at the end.
K&AJones (06-07-24)
Old 06-09-24, 12:47 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Vessel of Hatred out on 10/08/24

Old 06-09-24, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Old 06-09-24, 06:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

They added pets now that pick up your gold, fragments and cinders.
The following 2 users liked this post by MrX:
gerrythedon (06-10-24), K&AJones (06-10-24)
Old 06-10-24, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They're suppose to reveal even more on the New Class coming on July 18th I think. With the Vessel of hatred releasing October and Path of Exile 2 late this year, it's going to be a fun ride. Can't wait to experience the new area as well. In Diablo 2, it's a far cry from the Cold and Desert environments but close to the Swamp Areas in the south. And can't wait to see the updated Aztec Theme either. Those Five New Armor Outfits look awesome....
Old 06-13-24, 06:42 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

It's fun playing this game since the start and still never seeing a piece of uber unique gear and then see clips of people get them this season from a chest in a ND or a Grandfather with 3 greater affixes from a Goblin bag
Old 06-14-24, 11:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Tried tormented Varshan and tormented Zir tonight. Died the first time against Varshan and then switched out some to some gear that I still need to masterwork, but is heavy Golem damage and got him the second time. Zir was bit harder. I died 4 times before and then I used the incense that boosts intelligence and I got him. He has this wide beam that tracks you and it one shots you if you get hit when he fires.

They’re supposed to drop the HP on these things by 30% on Monday when the next patch comes out so I may try tormented Duriel. You get 5 times the loot compared to beating their regular version and didn’t really get anything good.