DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/655570-diablo-iv-xbox-consoles-ps-consoles-pc-6-5-23-a.html)

gerrythedon 06-12-22 09:30 PM

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Eric F 06-13-22 12:30 AM

re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC -6/5/23

Microtransactions ahoy!

Noonan 06-13-22 08:42 AM

No way they can get away with having non-cosmetic microtransactions in this after what Immortal has done to their (already garbage) image.

Eric F 06-13-22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 14117453)
No way they can get away with having non-cosmetic microtransactions in this after what Immortal has done to their (already garbage) image.

Remember, this is EA/Blizzard we're talking about. They might not have it straight-off, but I suspect they will gradually add them after release.

K&AJones 06-13-22 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 14117392)
Microtransactions ahoy!

There's already been a sighting for a job that sort of fits that description but but so far what info is out there is For Cosmetic Only....majority agree Blizzard is not that stupid to even attempt what's happening in Immortal which is flat out P2W especially centered around obtaining The Gems.....gems are important and crucial to approaching end game status and right now in Immortal, it's either gamble with Free-2-Play and end up getting your butt handed to you or Pay Up....

As far as Diablo IV, most agree the game is probably a lot further ahead than we've been lead to believe and hopefully heading down homestretch...with a late 1st qtr release. here's is the full Developer Comment video at around 16 minutes.....

And this was the last Quarterly Update 5 months ago.....

K&AJones 11-05-22 08:08 AM

Beta Invites for Diablo IV were sent out a few weeks ago to those who had completed Hell Difficulty in Diablo 2: Ressurection. Even though all signed and agreed on a NDA...apparently almost all "leaked" their impressions and Blizzard has sort of let it go as it must had anticipated it...or planned it. below is ...video by Force Gaming ...about 23 minutes long......summarizing and posting the views and impressions. So far D4 is really looking good and impressive.....a good video to watch as there is a lot of In-Game footage that I have not seen and is really impressive....

K&AJones 12-07-22 06:47 PM

Great write up from one lucky person who got to play Act 1 and reach level 25........Diablo 4 Hands-On Preview: We Played Act 1 and Hit Level 25 - IGN

OldBoy 12-07-22 07:19 PM

Just got Diablo III eternal collection. These type of games look cool and always get such high marks. $20 at PS store. Xbox is like ridiculous at $60 I think. I went with PS as my first non-exclusive purchase.

K&AJones 02-19-23 07:50 AM

Beta dates have been announced with a new Cinematic trailer at IGN Fan Fest.....

Early Access for those who PO the Game....March 17-19
Open Beta....March 24-26

Link to Official Site for more info about Game, Classes, What the Beta will offer and other parts of the game... Diablo IV (blizzard.com)

K&AJones 02-21-23 05:00 PM

new trailer on The World....pretty darn impressive...

story 02-21-23 05:07 PM

The kids and I are big fans of Gauntlet: Slayer Edition and have played that through Easy and Normal modes. I picked up Diablo III for $20 this weekend and that's been fun so far. This looks pretty awesome.

csant 02-21-23 07:27 PM

If this was made by someone else other than Blizzard. I would be super excited... but it being blizzard. I'm only mildly excited. I am looking forward to trying it though. I havent played D3 in years. Been having too much fun with PoE.

K&AJones 02-22-23 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by story (Post 14238131)
The kids and I are big fans of Gauntlet: Slayer Edition and have played that through Easy and Normal modes. I picked up Diablo III for $20 this weekend and that's been fun so far. This looks pretty awesome.

Been playing D3 since day one when it became available on XBox 360...still have the disc. It's fun, good, colorful, action packed.....this Season will be a good one and a last hurrah before D4. In fact there's a lot new in this season that many think is a preview of what's coming in D4. Do the Story and all first but if time, do a Season which starts I think 27th or 28th.....

Boba Fett 02-22-23 03:34 PM

Question for fans of the series. I bought Diablo 3 early after getting my Xbox but made little progress. Is it worth the $13 to buy Diablo II remastered, or am I better off just going through Diablo 3 instead?

Decker 02-22-23 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 14238571)
Question for fans of the series. I bought Diablo 3 early after getting my Xbox but made little progress. Is it worth the $13 to buy Diablo II remastered, or am I better off just going through Diablo 3 instead?

Diablo 3 is much more user friendly and casual than Diablo 2 Remastered. That game is for the hard-core Diablo players only.

Decker 02-22-23 03:55 PM

Now I am super-confused as to what is the Battle Pass and if the extra $20 or $30 for the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition is at all worth it.
I guess it's just all cosmetics? And you have to play during the season to unlock them or you just miss out on the content you paid for?

K&AJones 02-23-23 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14238590)
Now I am super-confused as to what is the Battle Pass and if the extra $20 or $30 for the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition is at all worth it.
I guess it's just all cosmetics? And you have to play during the season to unlock them or you just miss out on the content you paid for?

In the Delux and Ultimate, The battle Pass is also for Seasonal...which no-one knows at this time but could be events, extra areas opened, Dungeon access like some other games are offering. The Ultimate for $10 more which I think is ridiculous has a +20 level Boost. I don't think many are wanting that instead going to play the game as intended; brand new from start to finish. I'm getting the Deluxe Edition. As to First impressions on Game Play, this is probably the best...still could not give all details but Ryker is one of those who might as well be with Blizzard in terms of All Diablo Stuff....two months ago

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 14238571)

I got the Remastered D2 and frankly what they did with a old game as D2 is a flat out miracle. However to fully appreciate the game, one might have had to play the original or just be a Diablo Fan in general. It's no D3 by any means in visual and both game play. It would be like going back and playing say a COD on the PS2 or original XBox. But it's challenging as you do need to think about space and items. I've had fun in it but as i said, it's no D3 by any means. New D3 Season is to be the best and has a sort of small skill tree and a lot of new stuff. I would play it...and then plan on the Beta in March. but if interested this is a great guide on D2 Remastered....

K&AJones 03-04-23 08:06 AM

Diablo 4 Beta is this month both for PO's and following week Open. Then game is scheduled for first part of June. In the meantime if you want a bit more Diablo Style gaming, Wolcen-Lords of Mayhem is coming March 15. Game released on PC back in Feb 2020 with avg reviews but latest players reviews over at Steam say game has got way better...a lot had Bugs and PC Issues.

LorenzoL 03-11-23 02:48 PM

Are you guys buying physical or digital copies? I think I’m going to go digital.

K&AJones 03-12-23 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 14245799)
Are you guys buying physical or digital copies? I think I’m going to go digital.

I went with Ultimate ...THIS IS WRONG...Coprrect Is Deluxe Edition Digital...have two others going Digital as well and we all have our PO in.......this next weekend with the Pre-Oreder beta, we get three characters to play, pretty much the first area, up to I think Level 20 or 21...and no, it will no roll over to when the game comes out. Also they have said, the Super Boss will appear four times on Saturday at various times so everyone across the time zones will have a chance...Its a Large Dragon. for the Open beta I think all the Classes will be open the following week with a chance at the Super boss Fight again on Saturday....which these Boss Fights can have up to 11 Players.....

Decker 03-12-23 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14238808)
In the Delux and Ultimate, The battle Pass is also for Seasonal...which no-one knows at this time but could be events, extra areas opened, Dungeon access like some other games are offering. The Ultimate for $10 more which I think is ridiculous has a +20 level Boost. I don't think many are wanting that instead going to play the game as intended; brand new from start to finish. I'm getting the Deluxe Edition.

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14245959)
I went with Ultimate Digital...have two others going Digital as well and we all have our PO in.......this next weekend with the Pre-Oreder beta, we get three characters to play, pretty much the first area, up to I think Level 20 or 21...and no, it will no roll over to when the game comes out. Also they have said, the Super Boss will appear four times on Saturday at various times so everyone across the time zones will have a chance...Its a Large Dragon. for the Open beta I think all the Classes will be open the following week with a chance at the Super boss Fight again on Saturday....which these Boss Fights can have up to 11 Players.....

Why did you change your mind?

OldBoy 03-12-23 01:56 PM

i just tried Diablo 3. i don't think these are my type of games (topdown). i gave up pretty easily. it looked good though.

Decker 03-12-23 02:00 PM

Diabo 3 is a great game. So addictive time waster.. I've bought it thrice (PC, PS4, Switch).

OldBoy 03-12-23 02:39 PM

Just not for me. I had no idea what I was doing or why and the rpg stuff is way over my head.

K&AJones 03-12-23 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14245960)
Why did you change your mind?

I corrected it...I went with Deluxe....granted it's just $10 more for the Ultimate, I don't care for that 20 Level boost...I plan on playing every character thru every bit from start to finish not skipping nothing.