Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC -6/5/23

wtf
Old 04-03-23, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
This game is looking like a potential "surprise hit" according to the WSJ.
https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1...545833472?s=20
I don’t want to jinx it but Nintendo might have something going with that Zelda thing.
Old 04-06-23, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't think a lot of players really know just how big D4 will be...in both Maps and things to do. The Beta was just a tiny portion of what's coming not to mention long after game launch. A good read and video.....everythiong will change when you hit Level 50, Level 70, after camapign....just wow... Diablo 4's Endgame Grind Is A Combination Of Challenging Dungeons And Open-World Activities - GameSpot

Old 04-09-23, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

To tie me over till D4 hits first of June, I ended up grabbing...Wolcen...yesterday despite seeing a blend of positive and negative reviews. Another friend who plays Diablo and Path of Exile got it day one and said no bugs and it's been fun. Besides Bugs being reported, The UI is not the best and a slight pain to get around and understand. you don't per say "Pick A Class" like Diablo or even Path of Exile but pick one of three Fighting Styles...Majic, Bow, Melee...and from there you more of less use items, gear and Skills to fine tune your character. Skills drop as you level and instead of like with Diablo you have a Main Skill and then Perks/Buffs....here you keep picking them up and they go in a Big Window to where you can literally pick which 4-5 you want to use. There's Gems to put in along with their own "paragon System" to put points in four categories.....i'm trying out a sort of Necromancer but while I have Three Minions out I also have unlocked Fire and now Ice...which is cool sinceI can be part Necro, part Wizard...

Old 04-11-23, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I would have tried that one out, but it doesn't have couch co-op. I don't know why so many diablo clones skip out on that one feature
The following users liked this post:
story (04-11-23)
Old 04-14-23, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,186 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Bunch of changes implemented after Diablo IV Beta feedback :

Diablo 4 Beta Feedback Changes

DUNGEONS

Dungeon Layouts

One of the most common pieces of feedback we received is that players felt they were doing a lot of backtracking within certain dungeons. We have optimized multiple dungeons across all zones to minimize the need for backtracking. Here is a list of dungeons specifically in the Fractured Peaks zone which received layout updates:
  • Caldera Gate
  • Defiled Catacombs
  • Derelict Lodge
  • Forbidden City
  • Hoarfrost Demise
  • Immortal Emanation
  • Kor Dragan Barracks
  • Maulwood
  • Rimescar Caverns

Dungeon Events

• The chance for an Event to spawn inside of a dungeon has increased from 10% to 60%.

Dungeon Gameplay

• To reduce the need to backtrack, small numbers of straggling monsters will seek out the player to help complete the Kill All Monsters objective.
  • When Animus is gathered, the player and nearby allies will:
    • Gain 10 Resource.
    • Reduce all active Cooldowns by 1 second.
  • Depositing Animus channel time was reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
  • The time to Rescue was reduced from 3 to 1.5 seconds.
  • All Rescue objectives now drop a Health Potion upon completion.
  • While carrying the Ancient's Statue, Bloodstone, Mechanical Box, or Stone Carving, you will receive a Momentum bonus granting a 25% move speed increase to you and nearby allies.
  • Pedestals have had their channel time reduced from 2 to 0 seconds.
  • Returning a Portable Object to its Pedestal now fully restores Health, Resource, Potions, and resets cooldowns for all nearby players.
  • All doors will now generate a minimap ping when they are opened.
  • All Structure Objectives in dungeons now have additional combat mechanics players must overcome.

CLASSES

General

• Effects like Stun and Freeze can be applied to Elite Monsters twice as long before they become Unstoppable.
  • Reviewed class skills to confirm that all classes have access to sufficient skills that remove control impairing effects.
  • Many Legendary Powers have had updates to their effectiveness.

Barbarian

• A flat 10% passive damage reduction has been added for the Barbarian Class. Some Skill Tree passives had their damage reduction effects reduced to compensate.
  • The Whirlwind Skill now deals more damage and consumes more Fury.
  • The Double Swing Skill Enhancement refunds its full Fury cost when used on Stunned or Knocked Down enemies.

Druid

• Companion Skills will now deal heavily increased damage.
  • All Ultimate Skills have had their cooldowns reduced.
  • Usability improvements have been made to Maul and Pulverize.
  • Using a non-Shapeshifting Skill will transform a Druid back into their human form.

Necromancer

• Summoned Minions will die more often, requiring players to utilize Corpses more often.
  • Many bonuses in the Book of the Dead have had their stats increased.
  • The damage dealt by the Corpse Explosion skill has been reduced.
  • The brightness of the Skeletal Warriors and Mages has been reduced.

Rogue

• Upgrades for Subterfuge Skills have had their bonuses increased.
  • Multiple passive Skills have had their bonuses increased.
  • All Imbuement Skills have had their cooldowns increased.

Sorcerer

• Charged Bolt’s damage was increased and the Mana cost to cast has decreased.
  • Decreased the damage of Chain Lightning and reduced its effectiveness against Bosses.
  • Decreased the cooldown for the Incinerate Skill’s Enchantment bonus.
  • Firewalls will now spawn underneath enemies more frequently when using its Enchantment bonus.
  • Increased the Lucky Hit chance for the Meteor Skill’s Enchantment bonus.

UI

• Fixed an issue where the built-in Screen Reader was not reading key prompts, game options details, and other UI text.
  • Fixed an issue where actions could not be bound to the mouse wheel.
  • Fixed an issue where Evade couldn’t be bound to the right Analog Stick on controller.
  • Chat will now display on the left side of the screen when using the centered action bar configuration.
  • A character's stats will be displayed by default when players click the Materials & Stats button within their Inventory.
  • The Move and Interact inputs can now be mapped to one button while the Primary Attack input is mapped to a secondary button.
  • The sans serif font used in-game has been replaced with a new serif font.

ENCOUNTERS

• Fixed multiple issues that allowed bosses, like the Butcher, to become unresponsive.
  • The Butcher has been re-evaluated for difficulty and will present a greater challenge in World Tiers III and IV.
  • Bosses such as T’chort, Malnok, Vhenard, and others were reevaluated for mele character difficulty, resulting in changes to attacks and fight mechanics.
  • Fixed an issue where Vampire Brutes using the Shadow Enchant affix would chain-cast Impale.

CELLARS

• Increased the chance for a dungeon Event to occur in Cellars.
  • Cellars will now consistently reward a chest upon completion.
  • Fixed an issue where Cellars would prematurely be marked as complete.
  • Fixed an issue where the guaranteed elite monster would be absent from a Cellar.

GENERAL QUALITY OF LIFE

• Fixed an issue where players could increase attack speed by move-cancelling attacks early.
  • Fixed an issue where characters weren’t immune and untargetable after loading into an area.
  • The Reset Dungeon button has been disabled.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Gale Valley and Serac Rapture to have less monsters than intended until the campaign quests in those territories was completed.
Old 04-15-23, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They'll be more eventually over the course of time after tha game releases. It won't really matter because they'll still be whiners and complainers...just like now a vast majority of Diablo III players are still upset there's no "Rifts & Greater Rifts" like in D3 where they can go straight to Adventure mode, bypass story/campaign and do speed runs.

Sort of knew there be some nerfs to Necro and Sorc...about every YouTuber out there covering the Beta was saying how OP Sorc was and Nerco Minions were basically around forever. Druid needed a bit but frankly he felt like one of the best all-around to me. I had no problems playing him but I used Earth Skills, not the Werewolf. Not sure on reasoning on Barb though, he needs a bit more ...Umph... The Barb is a Tank, the Shouts gave him...and allies great buffs but solo, might be a challenge with Mobs but one-on-one be ok. The Rogue also to me had a great selection of skills and surprised she got a bump but they did increase cooldown skills so it will need to be a priority much like Demon Hunter in D3. They're squishy and without skills up they're sitting ducks....
Old 04-20-23, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Since the game has now Gone Gold, they've released some Highlight Trailers of the lasses...so far Sorceress and Barbarian...short and to the point...

Old 04-21-23, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

A final “Server Slam” aka beta is coming on May 12th to the 14th for all platforms. They will include 2 person couch coop for those that were asking for that. Max level will be 20 and they will have all of the changes implemented from the two Beta weekends.

K&AJones (04-21-23)
Old 04-21-23, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sort of surprised we're getting another but this is basically to really test the servers.....the Game went Gold a few days ago which is saying it's done but we'll see updates and patches for awhile at first. I fairly feel like I know the Sorceress, Necro and mostly The druid since he was my level 20 character. I would like to play Rogue more to see what changes which was mainly upping Cooldowns but some buffs to abilities. I'll probably play The Barbarian all the way since he did get a lot of attention with Damage Buffs but they also upped his Fury Costs which I didn't like. His Shouts are important just like Curses to Necro.

In meantime another Highlight Character trailer was released as well.....Rogue...

Old 04-21-23, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

Having their final beta be at Zelda launch is certainly a choice.
K&AJones (04-22-23)
Old 04-21-23, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Am I right that the diablo games are meant to be hardcore and not for beginners?
Old 04-21-23, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Am I right that the diablo games are meant to be hardcore and not for beginners?
It's fine for either. Give Diablo Immortal on mobile a try and see if the formula is something you'd enjoy. It has predatory micro transactions but offers a ton of content for free for casual players.
Old 04-21-23, 12:46 PM

I can play Diablo 3 blindfolded. It's the ultimate button masher, IMO.

Now Diablo II, on the other hand, is pretty tough.
The following 2 users liked this post by Decker:
K&AJones (04-22-23), steebo777 (04-27-23)
Old 04-21-23, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm finding diablo 3 too hard. I like this game because it has the hype, the online connectivity, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get much of that content since I wouldn't progress far. And I hate on Diablo 3 that each playing session is so long, with toddlers I have five minutes here five minutes there.
Old 04-22-23, 12:55 AM

You can always open up a portal, go back to town, save almost anywhere, then come back through that portal later.
The following 2 users liked this post by Decker:
K&AJones (04-22-23), steebo777 (04-27-23)
Old 04-22-23, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
You can always open up a portal, go back to town, save almost anywhere, then come back through that portal later.
But you have the mission, like the crypt, over.
K&AJones (04-22-23)
Old 04-22-23, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But you have the mission, like the crypt, over.
You can Portal out anytime and anywhere...even in Rifts and Greater Rifts.....if you need to break yea, Portal Out and when in Town go into your loadout menu....I think your safe from being kicked when there....

As to "Diablo Style Games for Hardcore and not Beginners"...not really...BUT....the top down playstyle versus 3rd person and FPS view might take a bit to play, I find it far easier than the others as you can pretty much see it all. The thing with be it Diablo, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Wolcen and other top down 'Diablo Style games"...it's really all about Builds...for survival and fun....which one has plenty of choices. Path of Exile probably has the most unlimited choices for builds I've ever seen and one reason why some try and leave; it can get overwhelming with "The Skill Tree Alone"....

The Gear you pick up has all those attributes for a reason...and some work for specific parts be it damage, be it cooldowns (very, very important), resource costs, damage buffs crit chance & damage, skill damage buffs and resistances. Basically it's a bit of Science and Math equations with the better the gears...be it Rare, Legendary or even The Green Set Pcs (which can turn you into Killing Machine)...along with the Gems & Sockets....Hint: Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend.....

It's a bit tough early on getting swarmed and based on Difficulty Setting while attempting to find the right Skills, Runes and Passives that mix right.....don't give up too fast, once you get going it can be pretty fun. Once again this site can provide a ton of info, guides and build ideas that explains how some gear, skills, passives and runes all work together.... Diablo 3 Best Builds, Guides, and News - Diablo 3 - Icy Veins (icy-veins.com)
Old 04-22-23, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Druid Class highlight Trailer.....

Old 04-22-23, 11:19 AM

Old 04-26-23, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...I knew it would take awhile getting to max level when you look at the sheer size of the entire map....the First Area (used for Beta) is essentially the same size as all D3)....add the New Paragon Skill Tree System....the nearly 120 Dungeons...and of course other classes coming you want to play....

Hitting Diablo 4's Level Cap Will Take Over 150 Hours ........ Hitting Diablo 4's Level Cap Will Take Over 150 Hours (thegamer.com)
Old 04-26-23, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

The main challenge for me will be having characters in the regular mode along with hardcore as that’s coming back.

I wonder how challenging it will be to Platinum this game? I kind of gave up on Diablo 2 Resurrected and I have a feeling that this will be along the same line.
Old 05-02-23, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just pre-ordered. I'm worried because people were getting stuck in beta already. Hopefully someone here will help me best the bosses as I hear remote coop will be a thing.
K&AJones (05-03-23)
Old 05-03-23, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just pre-ordered. I'm worried because people were getting stuck in beta already. Hopefully someone here will help me best the bosses as I hear remote coop will be a thing.
good deal...thgere's several of us who are Big Diablo fans...we got D3 for Xbox 360 when it came out,...and of course continued on PS4 and now PS5. We've already talked about starting a Clan which you can do in D4. I have a few others on my friends list that are getting it ad asked about doing coop and told them yea, we're starting a Clan and trying to put word out on Friends List....and probably have a on-going Group Chat as well on main dashboard...we haven't come up with a name yet though I'm leaning to....The Tiki Torchers...in honor of The Witch doctor one of my favorite classes that always makes me laugh....
Old 05-03-23, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to play with you my first build will be an ice sorc.

I cancelled my AMC to have more time for this

Last edited by GatorDeb; 05-03-23 at 06:59 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.