Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC - 6/5/23

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-23, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
re: DIABLO IV: Xbox Consoles, PS Consoles & PC -6/5/23

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
You need to complete the Dungeon to save it. If you leave it before beating the objective and the final boss, you will have to start from the beginning.
Theres no save point on a dungeon. The only way that it will save it’s only if you complete it.
Right. I don't have that kind of lifetime where I can just sit for a couple of hours and game I have five minutes here, five minutes there.

BTW it DOES save throughout because I didn't have to start from scratch I think it saves each time you complete a "quest" in the dungeon.
Old 06-06-23, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Right. I don't have that kind of lifetime where I can just sit for a couple of hours and game I have five minutes here, five minutes there.

BTW it DOES save throughout because I didn't have to start from scratch I think it saves each time you complete a "quest" in the dungeon.
I tackle the Dungeons one at a time so I really didn’t test it if it saves or not.

It’s called a Dungeon crawler after all. The main attraction of this game was to do dungeons one at a time.

Maybe Diablo is not for you if you are looking to spend 5 minutes here and there. If you are enjoying it, playing it like that, more power to you.

I need a minimum of an hour as exploring different areas is one of the things that attracted me to this franchise.
Old 06-06-23, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I WISH you could save anywhere because I DO want to play this... 5 minutes at a time. I AM enjoying it I just don't have the time to play for an hour. I drive the whole family around and I'm in the car waiting a lot five minutes at a time, and take my son to physical therapy and have 50 minutes on the dot... if it takes 51 I'm screwed. (I'll be getting the ROG Ally so I'll be able to play it anywhere).
Old 06-07-23, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-07-23, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I tackle the Dungeons one at a time so I really didn’t test it if it saves or not.

It’s called a Dungeon crawler after all. The main attraction of this game was to do dungeons one at a time.

Maybe Diablo is not for you if you are looking to spend 5 minutes here and there. If you are enjoying it, playing it like that, more power to you.

I need a minimum of an hour as exploring different areas is one of the things that attracted me to this franchise.
Speaking of Dungeons....we decided when we do these we're dropping down to Tier 1...well me and Tim are. We tried one last night that's a Quest tied to Druid (Tim) and Barb (Me)....and we did "Ok" up to the final boss and got our butts kicked. I'm level 35 and Tim is 32 but I think...will need to look into more...how the damage scales with Your Level to Bosses/Elites....I think the game calculates to Tier to level somehow and goes from there especially Bosses and Elites. It doesn't see your actual stats. We're both underpowered.....between both of (these classes), One Legendary......and we're just using all Rares but the drops with right stats and aspects have been really few. So we dropped to Tier 1 and it was noticeably better and we defeated the Boss first go.

So I did the same with my Level 16 Socr doing her quest (Dungeon Also)...and went thru it no problems. We were disscussing this last night where Tim has a lot of frustrations trying to run his Druid but like I told him, these Build videos out there showing someone wipe the floor with this and that build has not just several legendaries but in some cases "Specific Ones" that seriously boost that build. We're struggling far more at Level 30-35 than we were at Level 18-22. it's like the damage taken has jumped so we're dropping to Tier One for now...
Old 06-07-23, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Speaking of Dungeons....we decided when we do these we're dropping down to Tier 1...well me and Tim are. We tried one last night that's a Quest tied to Druid (Tim) and Barb (Me)....and we did "Ok" up to the final boss and got our butts kicked. I'm level 35 and Tim is 32 but I think...will need to look into more...how the damage scales with Your Level to Bosses/Elites....I think the game calculates to Tier to level somehow and goes from there especially Bosses and Elites. It doesn't see your actual stats. We're both underpowered.....between both of (these classes), One Legendary......and we're just using all Rares but the drops with right stats and aspects have been really few. So we dropped to Tier 1 and it was noticeably better and we defeated the Boss first go.

So I did the same with my Level 16 Socr doing her quest (Dungeon Also)...and went thru it no problems. We were disscussing this last night where Tim has a lot of frustrations trying to run his Druid but like I told him, these Build videos out there showing someone wipe the floor with this and that build has not just several legendaries but in some cases "Specific Ones" that seriously boost that build. We're struggling far more at Level 30-35 than we were at Level 18-22. it's like the damage taken has jumped so we're dropping to Tier One for now...
I really don’t think that you are going to get more Legendary gear by dropping Tier. Next time Silver and I are playing, we’ll invite you and Tim to join us to tackle the Dungeons. You’ll also going to level up faster.

Dungeons are becoming a bit easier so my next conversation with Silver will be to tackle Tier 3.
Old 06-07-23, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I realized what my issue is, it's not the time available, is that I usually have to stop what I'm doing when whoever I'm driving is ready. So it may be five minutes, it may be an hour, but I don't know ahead of time.
Old 06-07-23, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I really don’t think that you are going to get more Legendary gear by dropping Tier. Next time Silver and I are playing, we’ll invite you and Tim to join us to tackle the Dungeons. You’ll also going to level up faster.

Dungeons are becoming a bit easier so my next conversation with Silver will be to tackle Tier 3.

At this point where we are...level 35 and level 32....with pretty much zero legendaries.....the one I have is a 2HD Axe says Up to Level 18 and already upgraded 4 times.....we just want to get stuff done and trying to do Tier 2 has become increasing frustrating. There's articles out there....like this one below...that explains Damage Reduction and how your level along with Power level plays a part in it as you level up and has the 'Expected Armor" values per level. Which is the point; we are underpower and under-armored because we're seriously not getting much of anything, even from Dungeons.

You can compare and look at the Damage Reduction Values, like Poison, Fire, Shock, etc....on various items and it's jumped a little every few levels. like at Level 35 I'm seeing like 12% poison where at Level 30 it was like 9%. So you're trying to find the Best %'s and Values along with Higher Power Level (that does play a role) along with items that grant a bonus to a skill or attribute you are using. The Attributes, Values, %'s on Legendaries are way above Rares. It's easy for some with 4-5 or a complete Loadout of Legendaries that Tier 2 Dungeons are not hard. I'll bet the house and farm take all them off, put on all Rares and see what happens along with seeing the differences in stats; no contest....

Diablo 4 Armor System: Damage Reduction, Monsters & More | GINX Esports TV
Old 06-07-23, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got to the first major boss and died Level 10.
Old 06-07-23, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got to the first major boss and died Level 10.
You are doing Dungeons at level 10? You need to be higher level.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (06-08-23)
Old 06-07-23, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You are doing Dungeons at level 10? You need to be higher level.
Whoops. I made it to the boss! I went where the yellow marker told me to go, I have navigation on. I'm doing the mission where
Spoiler:
They're looking for the woman's mother who helped lilith cross the barrier and was writing things in her own blood. She's the boss.

Old 06-07-23, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoops. I made it to the boss! I went where the yellow marker told me to go, I have navigation on. I'm doing the mission where
Spoiler:
They're looking for the woman's mother who helped lilith cross the barrier and was writing things in her own blood. She's the boss.

I would suggest for you to level up a bit before you tackle that campaign mission.
Old 06-07-23, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would suggest for you to level up a bit before you tackle that campaign mission.
So just roam around killing stuff? What level should I go to before coming back?
Old 06-07-23, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So just roam around killing stuff? What level should I go to before coming back?
Maybe try it again when you are in your late teens with better gear. It wouldn’t hurt if you were in your 20s too.

There’s lots of events happening that you can do in the open world without stepping inside a dungeon or doing campaign.
Old 06-07-23, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe try it again when you are in your late teens with better gear. It wouldn’t hurt if you were in your 20s too.

There’s lots of events happening that you can do in the open world without stepping inside a dungeon or doing campaign.
How do you find them? The events in the world?
Old 06-07-23, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do you find them? The events in the world?
The orange circle. Go there every time you see it on your map.
The following 2 users liked this post by LorenzoL:
GatorDeb (06-07-23), K&AJones (06-08-23)
Old 06-07-23, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We encountered The Butcher in a Dungeon and we were able to defeat it. We were both Necromancers. II was Level 52 and he was level 29.

We were rewarded with Legendary items but no Challenge markers.
Old 06-08-23, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Played it for a few hours last night and got to level 17. I am at that section with Vigo and Nayarelle(?) looking for her mother. I got booted out just when we were gonna fight something down there, but am thinking of going back to the town where that woman needs help finding her husband.
Old 06-08-23, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This has been happening more than once for me and I hope Blizzard is able to resolve it.
Old 06-08-23, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I won’t be playing today After trying for half n hour, that’s it for me tonight.
Old 06-08-23, 04:51 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Is there a demo of this on Xbox or PS? I really want to try this…
Old 06-08-23, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Was only able to level up to 20 due to it constantly giving me the boot. What's funny is that the highest concentration of folks playing can be found in town, but quickly dissipates once you leave. I've only come across a couple events where I am the only participant and knock it out easily. May play a few hours tonight.
Old 06-08-23, 04:56 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Wait..you have to play with other people? Can’t go solo?
Old 06-08-23, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

You can play it on solo which I like to played.
Old 06-08-23, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The game is online only. If you can’t log in to the servers, you can’t play.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.