Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard

Old 01-26-24, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,254 Posts
Re: Microsoft buying Activision/Blizzard

Originally Posted by fujishig
I can't remember the last physical first party game I've bought for an Xbox system but that's because of Game Pass, which is presumably exactly what they want.
It doesn’t help that there are so few first-party Xbox games to buy! The last one for me was Halo Infinite at the end of 2021. I would’ve bought Hi-Fi Rush if it hadn’t been digital-only and Psychonauts 2 if the physical edition had been day-and-date. Flight Simulator might’ve made for a good gift, though I wouldn’t buy it for myself.

I would’ve thought about a physical Forza Horizon 5 if the price were right and if my wife were as into it as she was 2, 3, and 4.
Old 01-27-24, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Good...yet sad...video from Rhyker here who normally covers a lot on Diablo Games and Blizzard...but in this segment he mainly covers the MS Layoffs, who was hit, departures of key personnel at Blizzard and the effects of Layoffs throughout the Gaming Industry.....it's eye opening, hits home and yes, sad.....well worth watching....pay no attention of the title...a bit misleading....

Old 01-27-24, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Good...yet sad...video from Rhyker here who normally covers a lot on Diablo Games and Blizzard...but in this segment he mainly covers the MS Layoffs, who was hit, departures of key personnel at Blizzard and the effects of Layoffs throughout the Gaming Industry.....it's eye opening, hits home and yes, sad.....well worth watching....pay no attention of the title...a bit misleading....
MS info, nothing new.

Lots of good info on Palworld, didn't bother watching the Diablo 4 part.
Old 01-28-24, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

More to add to the fire....

Microsoft Has Reportedly Shut Down Xbox’s Physical Games Division – Rumour .......Microsoft Has Reportedly Shut Down Xbox’s Physical Games Division – Rumour (gamingbolt.com)
Old 01-28-24, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Microsoft Has Reportedly Shut Down Xbox’s Physical Games Division – Rumour .......Microsoft Has Reportedly Shut Down Xbox’s Physical Games Division – Rumour (gamingbolt.com)
Uhm... already discussed... nothing more to add to the "fire".

Down boy.

Last edited by Music; 01-28-24 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-28-24, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Microsoft Has Reportedly Shut Down Xbox’s Physical Games Division – Rumour

Old 02-04-24, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The first part of the video is all about Blizzard and he brings up some good points...mainly it seems a lot of...core Blizzard people....who came up and was part of Blizzard way back...are and have been slowly leaving....mainly about the New President which is from....Activision....not within Blizzard. Also touches on Blizzard and other gaming layoffs which are really sad.....

As to the elimination of Physical Media....it's well know it won't exactly go away right away....BUT....a few XBox Insider Video have pointed out based on leaks on future plans and Series X Consoles, there is NO Physical Media Present...it's based on All Digital so.....