DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/654363-star-wars-eclipse-quantic-dream.html)

Deftones 12-09-21 07:27 PM

Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream)

OldBoy 12-09-21 07:35 PM

Re: Star Wars Eclipse (Quantic Dream)

Wtf? I’m not sure if that looked awesome or really weird. I’ve heart the name, but what other games did QD put out?

Deftones 12-09-21 07:39 PM

Look it up

E Unit 12-09-21 07:40 PM

Eh, so far the SW games have really been hit or miss with me. Looks like another questionable.

Obi-Wanma 12-09-21 07:49 PM

Quantic Dream makes interactive movies that are largely based on making choices and completing quicktime events.

Not sure if this game will deviate from the formula, but that's what they do.

They've also been exclusively Sony (and later PC) for some time. They haven't made a game for Xbox since 2005. No platforms for this game were announced, but they're not a Sony exclusive studio anymore.

Michael Corvin 12-09-21 09:45 PM

Detroit: Become Human was amazing. So if this is along those lines, I'm in.

A Star Wars game has to be multi-platform though, right? Has there been an exclusive SW game since the 90s?

Deftones 12-09-21 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 14023561)
Detroit: Become Human was amazing. So if this is along those lines, I'm in.

A Star Wars game has to be multi-platform though, right? Has there been an exclusive SW game since the 90s?

Not necessarily. Now that the SW rights are farmed out to numerous companies, I bet we see some exclusives.

marka351 12-10-21 10:02 AM

It does not show any actual gameplay which is the most important thing. I always think it is a bad sign when they don't show actual gameplay.

Deftones 12-10-21 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by marka351 (Post 14023734)
It does not show any actual gameplay which is the most important thing. I always think it is a bad sign when they don't show actual gameplay.

The game is probably 2 years away. Very few game trailers show gameplay when the game is that far off.

RichC2 12-10-21 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by marka351 (Post 14023734)

It's Quantic Dream, if you're expecting "gameplay" you're kind of barking up the wrong tree.

Michael Corvin 12-10-21 12:10 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't close to gameplay. They don't do a ton of action so they can maximize graphical horsepower.

milo bloom 12-10-21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14023502)
Quantic Dream makes interactive movies that are largely based on making choices and completing quicktime events.

- sound of a deflating balloon flying around the room before it sadly lands on the fainting couch-

Obi-Wanma 12-10-21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 14023891)
- sound of a deflating balloon flying around the room before it sadly lands on the fainting couch-

Personally, I like those kinds of games, but I was just letting people who might be expecting action gameplay that this game most likely isn't that.

RichC2 12-10-21 03:33 PM

I wonder what the Press X to JASON will be in this one. Or at least we better get some awkward sex scenes like Indigo Prophecy / Fahrenheit.

milo bloom 12-10-21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma (Post 14023901)
Personally, I like those kinds of games, but I was just letting people who might be expecting action gameplay that this game most likely isn't that.

I appreciate it, sorry if I came across too harshly.

The one time I tried one of these types of games, I borrowed a Batman one from the library and was so bored I left in the middle of a scene. My wife grabbed the controller and finished the whole damn game.

maxfisher 12-10-21 05:19 PM

I donít think Iím capable of getting excited for a Quantic Dream game. Heavy Rain was so horrible it still pisses me off and everything Iíve seen of David Cage makes him seem like an insufferable shit.

Wolf359 12-10-21 09:33 PM

I absolutely loved Detroit so the idea of getting a similar game but with a Star Wars license is just short of orgasmic.