Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Old 12-04-22, 09:06 AM
  #76  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 7,956
Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

I finished the story and think Iíve done all of the narrative-drive side quests. At this point, I think all I have left is some clean up on Berserkers, the post-game challenges that pop up, some of the Muspelheim challenges and a handful of collectibles. On default difficulty, once I got to level 7, everything seemed pretty doable. I think the big keys to success in some of the combat are runic attacks and making use of your allyís abilities. Iíve done about half the Berserkers and can usually eat up half their health just by firing the six runic attacks I have active.

Overall, itís a solid game and quite a bit longer than I expected. The environments are beautiful and the story is solid, though it does drag a bit in spots. Itís also a bit on-the-nose at times.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-05-22)
Old 12-05-22, 01:23 AM
  #77  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,760
Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
I finished the story and think Iíve done all of the narrative-drive side quests. At this point, I think all I have left is some clean up on Berserkers, the post-game challenges that pop up, some of the Muspelheim challenges and a handful of collectibles. On default difficulty, once I got to level 7, everything seemed pretty doable. I think the big keys to success in some of the combat are runic attacks and making use of your allyís abilities. Iíve done about half the Berserkers and can usually eat up half their health just by firing the six runic attacks I have active.

Overall, itís a solid game and quite a bit longer than I expected. The environments are beautiful and the story is solid, though it does drag a bit in spots. Itís also a bit on-the-nose at times.
Same boat.

I finished this one up today at around 80hrs - main story, most portals, side missions, mini-bosses, and all of the arena challenges. There are some miscellaneous birds and collectibles and chests and post game tasks to do, but I think I'm good.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-05-22)
Old 12-05-22, 07:02 AM
  #78  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

I'm sort of stuck around 6-3/4....did the first Berserker yesterday along with a few Portal Fights...all those were easier than that PITA The Hateful over in Dragon Land.....still a lot of side areas to do. I haven't done The Crucible Area yet but need to now to get some Divine Ashes to level up some gear which still deciding on which way to go...currently have Starting Chest and Belt at Level 8 and wearing Dragon Bracers
Old 12-09-22, 06:39 PM
  #79  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,376
Received 965 Likes on 670 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Just finished it. Great game. It does slow in a few spots but I will say the switching of characters adedd some fun. MFers killed
Spoiler:
Brok!



That was some bullshit.

I swear I suck at this game. I very rarely used my runic attacks. No wonder I would die so much. I am not sure I want to go do all the extra stuff now although it appears there are some cool story parts of you do (based on something Mimir said)

Last edited by Deftones; 12-09-22 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-09-22, 11:09 PM
  #80  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Just finished it. Great game. It does slow in a few spots but I will say the switching of characters adedd some fun. MFers killed
Spoiler:
Brok!




That was some bullshit.

I swear I suck at this game. I very rarely used my runic attacks. No wonder I would die so much. I am not sure I want to go do all the extra stuff now although it appears there are some cool story parts of you do (based on something Mimir said)
Yea...that WHOLE PART shocked me...wasn't prepared for IT ALL....threw a new twist. into everything.
Old 12-10-22, 04:58 PM
  #81  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 2,199
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Still in the middle of it. Game is dragging a bit. Just went back to Vanaheim to help and it opened up a whole new section of the realm that just seems like an added on afterthought. I hung out there a bit to do the main side quest and it just kept going on and on.
Old 12-11-22, 07:05 PM
  #82  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

I'm, really hating these Berserkers ...if i could fight like they can...I would've completed the game in a few days....they know where I'm going before I do. I wish I could throw the Axe or do a ability that basically has "Target Lock" to where it can change direction...like where you evade to..... I'll never see the full set of Berserker Armor and frankly don't care. I'm on tail-end of doing the Main Story and that might be it for me...I'd soon as fight Dragons, Trolls, etc... all day....

I'm about to start the final chapter or seems to be...but where I am, I can't leave if I want to wait and go do more in other realms. I've tried to look up up how to leave where I am but found nothing....Hint: I can't even go down the elevator I came up on...

Last edited by K&AJones; 12-12-22 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-12-22, 10:13 AM
  #83  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 7,956
Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I'm, really hating these Berserkers ...if i could fight like they can...I would've completed the game in a few days....they know where I'm going before I do. I wish I could throw the Axe or do a ability that basically has "Target Lock" to where it can change direction...like where you evade to..... I'll never see the full set of Berserker Armor and frankly don't care. I'm on tail-end of doing the Main Story and that might be it for me...I'd soon as fight Dragons, Trolls, etc... all day....

I'm about to start the final chapter or seems to be...but where I am, I can't leave if I want to wait and go do more in other realms. I've tried to look up up how to leave where I am but found nothing....Hint: I can't even go down the elevator I came up on...
Spoiler:
There are a couple epilogue quests and the realms open up entirely after the last chapter.


So no need to sweat knocking everything out before the last chapter.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-12-22)
Old 12-17-22, 09:07 AM
  #84  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 2,199
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Finished the main game and am going back trying to kill all the berserkers. Some of these fights very difficult on normal. I also have the valkyrie battle but was hoping to get all my weapons upgraded first. game gets super hard with these final battles. not sure i'll finish it all before i move on to gotham knights.

fantastic game that ran a little long.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-17-22)
Old 12-19-22, 10:36 AM
  #85  
MrX
DVD Talk Hero
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,353
Likes: 0
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

I'm about halfway through the main story and it seems like your weapons are under-leveled for the enemies you fight. I'm running into level 4 or 5 enemies and the Blades of Chaos are still at level 3.

I tried the first Berserker grave on the Lake of Nine and got my ass handed to me swiftly. I don't remember having too much of a problem with the Valkyries in the first game.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-19-22)
Old 12-19-22, 04:07 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 2,199
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

i am down to the final valkyrie and the final berserker. both are much harder than any of the other berserker fights and i can hardly do any damage before getting my ass handed to me. i have all the weapons fully upgraded and have even looked online for special builds and nothing. i've even gone back to the crucible to get more embers.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (12-19-22)
Old 12-20-22, 06:55 AM
  #87  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by deadlax View Post
i am down to the final valkyrie and the final berserker. both are much harder than any of the other berserker fights and i can hardly do any damage before getting my ass handed to me. i have all the weapons fully upgraded and have even looked online for special builds and nothing. i've even gone back to the crucible to get more embers.

this video has been all over the Net; from Game Sites to Yahoo to MSN...it just leaves everyone shaking their head in utter disbelief.....

God of War Ragnarok player flattens Valkyrie Queen in 26 seconds without taking damage God of War Ragnarok player flattens Valkyrie Queen in 26 seconds without taking damage | GamesRadar+
Old 12-25-22, 10:32 AM
  #88  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Spoiler Alert on this....

Here is a link to the overall area-by-area Interactive Map...use it completely, looking for a certain item, or whatever, trying to collect whatever...it has it all. I've used it for a couple of things I simply could not find...and still a lot to do but I'm starting last part and can't get out till I do that....

God of War RagnarŲk Map - Midgard - IGN
Old 01-07-23, 06:15 PM
  #89  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Finally got around finishing the last part...what a game, what a story, what action, what emotional run, what fighting....A 10 of 10 for sure.

I played some of Elden Ring and can see why...maybe....it won GotY....BUT...GoW story wise won by a mile. I would even dare say it's even better than Ghost of Tsushima which I thought was superb and stellar. just more characters in the mix that all played a important part and all tied in greatly. Voice acting just awesome, maps and locations design and art was awesome. i really enjoyed the first God of War but this just kicked it up several notches all over. I haven't made up my mind yet on going baack and doing some areas but for now give it areat and try to tackle some other games.....a great ride....
The following users liked this post:
davidh777 (01-07-23)
Old 01-10-23, 10:15 AM
  #90  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
redbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shirley, MA
Posts: 1,721
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

the Atreus-only chapters are kind of a chore
The following users liked this post:
steebo777 (01-11-23)
Old 01-10-23, 07:47 PM
  #91  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 79,376
Received 965 Likes on 670 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by redbill View Post
the Atreus-only chapters are kind of a chore
I thought that at first but they really give you some good plot points later in the game.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (01-11-23)
Old 01-11-23, 06:40 AM
  #92  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 8,548
Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by redbill View Post
the Atreus-only chapters are kind of a chore

Unless one has finished the game...there's a reason....overall I liked the change-up from going full mayhem brutal whacking away to Atreus. just a neat change of dialogue and action (using a Bow). After finishing the main story, i can see a few...options...as to where GoW goes.
Old 01-11-23, 10:17 AM
  #93  
MrX
DVD Talk Hero
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,353
Likes: 0
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

The flawless challenge in the crucible makes me want to go into a real life Spartan Rage.
Old 01-12-23, 09:25 AM
  #94  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
redbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Shirley, MA
Posts: 1,721
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: GOD OF WAR: Ragnarok - PS4/PS5 - 11/9/22

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I thought that at first but they really give you some good plot points later in the game.
that's kind of my point. those chapters feel like an interactive-novel that exist to tell the story, rather than a game that is fun to play.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.