Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Old 04-12-22, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
I may have jumped the gun on my Spellshot/Clawbringer classes. Having that fire breathing Wyvern is so helpful. He can clear up a whole area by himself. Reminds how much I loved having my Spiderant companion in B3. He was brutal. He revived me and shit. Does the Wyvern revive too? What happens when his life bar is gone? I havenít gotten there, but I see the companion does lose health. Can I replenish?

Anyway, Iím still iffy on this game. Itís more choices than I imagined. And less shooting which is Borderlands staple. And, this Overworld stuff just takes the excitement out. I loved in Borderlands, just straight quests and actions. None of this buzz kill world. Lvl 19, just hope it gets better. Iím still addicted to playing more so looting and selling from skeleton chest, but the action is good, just piece meal, I believe.

I started out Spellshot and Clawbringer thinking the bump in Elemental with some survivability would help...in a way it did but my damage output wasn't good...did some research and switched to Spellshot & Graveborn and damage went up nearly 40%....you get the bump in Graveborne's Dark Majic and Spells to help out...

game does get better...just like other BL Games as your Level Increases so does more on Skill Tree which you get better and stronger......I honestly don't think I can go back to grenades...sooooo much more with Spells and better....
Old 04-12-22, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
game does get better...just like other BL Games as your Level Increases so does more on Skill Tree which you get better and stronger......I honestly don't think I can go back to grenades...sooooo much more with Spells and better....
TOTALLY agree with this. I'm actually like this a lot more that BL3, great variety in the missions and locations, and great variety in spells. Some kinda suck, but I have one now that rains down red balls of fire that I want to keep a long time.
Old 04-12-22, 09:09 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 453 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
I started out Spellshot and Clawbringer thinking the bump in Elemental with some survivability would help...in a way it did but my damage output wasn't good...did some research and switched to Spellshot & Graveborn and damage went up nearly 40%....you get the bump in Graveborne's Dark Majic and Spells to help out...

but, i can't switch until i finish or hit level 40, so i am stuck. it's ok. i like the combo thus far, just wish i went another bc would have liked better results most likely.

what's a good strategy to level up fast? complete story missions or side or both? i'm kinda of skipping some sides and focusing on story or main, but not sure that is advantageous...

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-12-22 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-13-22, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

but, i can't switch until i finish or hit level 40, so i am stuck. it's ok. i like the combo thus far, just wish i went another bc would have liked better results most likely.

what's a good strategy to level up fast? complete story missions or side or both? i'm kinda of skipping some sides and focusing on story or main, but not sure that is advantageous...
Depends on how fast you want to finish story...which you then get access to Chaos Chamber. But there are areas that some sides are fun, open up new levels, places, mini-bosses that provides some good XP...the Shrines alone are worth the time and effort. The quickest ways to level up...getting someone to take you thru Chaos Chamber that already at Level 40 for one....use to be just running the first Boss you did in the first section with someone else higher was one way to get a Level and a half, rinse and repeat.....
Old 04-15-22, 06:16 PM

Iím staring to get good at this game. Killing bosses. Doing spells. Some of the guns are quite good. I just have so much trouble with all the choices. It gets maddening the amount of stuff and what you want to use. Weíre dealing with a ton of new elements in spells, amulets, rings, melee. So much different than Borderlands ever was. I mean core still there, but just so many new elements. Iím addicted to playing. Banging out a mission or 2 each day and then stop. Great pick up and play value. Is it easier though? I think I only died 2-3 times not by falling off a cliff. I mean I die but Iím always able to death save to revive. Even bosses seem easier. I usually only need 2 tries to defeat. Some I donít realize are boss fights. But, I think Iím liking more and more as I level up. Currently 23 and just finished bag of bones, I believe, in main story.

Do they charge for all fast travel? I swear sometimes I see resurrected deduction and sometimes donít. And it is horrible that they deduct for fast travel anyway. That was brainless imo. How else you gonna get there. Too bad canít fast travel to certain location. Have to be in Overworld and then find it on the map. Thatís a peeve in an otherwise fun journey thus far.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (04-19-22)
Old 04-18-22, 11:59 AM

Iím staring to get good at this game. Killing bosses. Doing spells. Some of the guns are quite good. I just have so much trouble with all the choices. It gets maddening the amount of stuff and what you want to use. Weíre dealing with a ton of new elements in spells, amulets, rings, melee. So much different than Borderlands ever was. I mean core still there, but just so many new elements. Iím addicted to playing. Banging out a mission or 2 each day and then stop. Great pick up and play value. Is it easier though? I think I only died 2-3 times not by falling off a cliff. I mean I die but Iím always able to death save to revive. Even bosses seem easier. I usually only need 2 tries to defeat. Some I donít realize are boss fights. But, I think Iím liking more and more as I level up. Currently 23 and just finished bag of bones, I believe, in main story.

Do they charge for all fast travel? I swear sometimes I see resurrected deduction and sometimes donít. And it is horrible that they deduct for fast travel anyway. That was brainless imo. How else you gonna get there. Too bad canít fast travel to certain location. Have to be in Overworld and then find it on the map. Thatís a peeve in an otherwise fun journey thus far.
I agree on all counts: Great variety, challenging in a fun way not a maddening way. And yeah even in boss fights they seem to throw in plenty of little guys you can revive off of. The mission variety is just awesome. My current "sword" is a frying pan, which is just awesome, and I have a great spell that throws a flaming barrel. Right now I've been doing bounty missions, just to level up and keep the game going.
(And yes, the taking $ for every fast travel sucks but oh well.)
Old 04-18-22, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

You donít get charged for fast traveling just for resurrections.

Again. Press the menu button, go to Map, press Y/Triangle to open the World Map. Highlight a land then press & hold A/X to open it.

Now this is important, make sure you are in the Fast Travel and not Progress menu. Use Left and Right on the D-Pad to swap. In the Fast Travel menu, press down on the D-Pad and choose the area you want to revisit. Then press an hold A/X to go there.

Last edited by emachine12; 04-18-22 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-18-22, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just beat the chaos chamber level 11 challenge, Knight Mare was terrible. I hate it, Sarilla and by far Son of a Witch the most in the chaos chamber. They are all just brutal fights.

After Thursday's great nerf of the Liquid Cooling gun, I obviously had a Chaotic x2 variant drop from a random fight. It still does work, but eats so many bullets. It definitely needed a nerf since every build used it but 67% damage reduction was too much. I honesty find myself using a Blazing Volley SMG most of the time, it doesn't seem to get much press but the bullets have a slight homing mechanism that this old guy appreciates with my crappy aim. The frying pan is by far the best melee weapon for non-melee build character, it is basically a second shield )protects your back when holstered, chance to reflect bullets).
K&AJones (04-19-22)
Old 04-19-22, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure who here in on PS5...well there is crossplay I forgot......but see me on and want company or whatever, holler. My coop pal went back to another game for awhile...I'm at the end of the story on one, max level and doing Chaos Chambers on my main and wanting to start my Spore guy or even try another....
Old 04-20-22, 11:39 AM

Beat this last night, great ending, most fun of had playing a game in quite a while. Seemed to be just the right length too, did some bounties, some side missions. I was a Clawbringer, but as soon as I could add a second class, I used the Brr-Zerker action skill, so great when swarmed. May very well start again with a new class, no idea which one. Great ride overall.
Old 04-20-22, 07:55 PM

You know what else I’m getting from this game that I wouldn’t in million years in Borderlands is that some of these side missions actually have genuine emotion. Like some of these characters you meet, in what are pretty large side missions, but you meet these characters for maybe a thirty minute time, but they play it out with what gets me emotional.

Like you feel LeChance and I forgot Bone Father?, he was some bone pirate and LeChance and him separated, but united forever, riding off into a ghost sunset.

Or that father who had his son turned into a creature and then you save him, I think his name was Nico. And his father just sees him one last time before he passes are truly emotion filled. Emotion of the Ocean, I think is name, was a good one. Not sure is these are sides or main, but the writing is truly terrific and not something you always see in a sillyish, FPS, rpg-like game.

I actually care and pay attention to most missions. Some are silly sure, but if you pay attention, and I really have, some pay off in rich characterizations. Touching stuff.

Not sure anyone else noticed, but I’m very surprised and makes it that more fun to play.
Old 04-21-22, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

You know what else Iím getting from this game that I wouldnít in million years in Borderlands is that some of these side missions actually have genuine emotion. Like some of these characters you meet, in what are pretty large side missions, but you meet these characters for maybe a thirty minute time, but they play it out with what gets me emotional.

Like you feel LeChance and I forgot Bone Father?, he was some bone pirate and LeChance and him separated, but united forever, riding off into a ghost sunset.

Or that father who had his son turned into a creature and then you save him, I think his name was Nico. And his father just sees him one last time before he passes are truly emotion filled. Emotion of the Ocean, I think is name, was a good one. Not sure is these are sides or main, but the writing is truly terrific and not something you always see in a sillyish, FPS, rpg-like game.

I actually care and pay attention to most missions. Some are silly sure, but if you pay attention, and I really have, some pay off in rich characterizations. Touching stuff.

Not sure anyone else noticed, but Iím very surprised and makes it that more fun to play.
The skeleton is Bones Three Wood. Heís based on Guybrush Threepwood (as is LeChance) from the Monkey Island games.
Old 04-22-22, 05:55 PM

can you use an amulet or ring (forget which one) that is not your class? it let me slot it in. i wanted to use it for the other effects in the amulet, just the power is for another class. will i still be able to get the benefits of the other effects, like increased gun mag? thanks.
Old 04-23-22, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

can you use an amulet or ring (forget which one) that is not your class? it let me slot it in. i wanted to use it for the other effects in the amulet, just the power is for another class. will i still be able to get the benefits of the other effects, like increased gun mag? thanks.
Yes but it's not going to bump up the Power % which that's what you see in most for Class shown....but if there is another Buff like Gun or Elemental Damage. yea those apply.
OldBoy (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man that DLC was disappointing. There seriously is an enemy that they didn't name that it comes up on screen as "Name Missing". It took me all of 10-15 minutes to beat, and I had to actually google how to start it because I couldn't find it on game, I didn't know if it downloaded. The $3 Headhunter dlcs from BL2 were way better and cost 1/3 the price. I know you are supposed to come back weekly for an "upgraded" boss battle, but they actually messed up and people in the beginning could fight all 4 versions of the boss right away. The only difference is apparently new attacks. I'll just stick to the Chaos Chamber. They REALLY need to re-evaluate all the DLC if every one is going to be like that, I know there are 4 mirrors all together. If it was all 4 mirrors as 1 DLC, ok that would've been fine, but having all 4 DLCs as a 10-15 minute basically preset chaos chamber type run using pre-exisiting enemies/areas basically, that is terrible. I got garbage feeding that eye at the end.

Speaking of the Chaos Chamber, any tips on Son of a Witch? I just lost to him on a Chaos 14 run to up my rank. My friend was with me who's character isn't the best, so I'm hoping that's why I lost with the enemy being boosted since I wasn't solo, but I don't want to waste another run. The earlier chaos run I beat him in was pre-liquid cooling nerf and I used that to power past him.

On a positive note, that patch they released was a big plus to the game, I felt many times that standing in 3 inches of still water was by far my biggest threat in the game, nerfing that damage was needed.
Old 04-23-22, 07:30 AM

^ how do you access DLC? and should you finish game before attempting? thx.

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-23-22 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-23-22, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I seriously just googled "how to start wonderlands dlc" last night (or something like that) because I had no clue if it downloaded and one site just posted a picture of the overworked with a manual waypoint on it with the town location, so id recommend that. Or just wander the overworked looking for a place you've never been. Theres no story to the DLC really so I would say do it whenever you want. Theres seriously nothing in the Brighthoof I saw about the DLC like in Sanctuary for BL3.
Old 04-23-22, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mh4268 View Post
I seriously just googled "how to start wonderlands dlc" last night (or something like that) because I had no clue if it downloaded and one site just posted a picture of the overworked with a manual waypoint on it with the town location, so id recommend that. Or just wander the overworked looking for a place you've never been. Theres no story to the DLC really so I would say do it whenever you want. Theres seriously nothing in the Brighthoof I saw about the DLC like in Sanctuary for BL3.
i saw this, but haven't seen that location especially in the beginning of game and i've been to a lot of the Overworld...

You'll need to take yourself to Dreamveil Overlook in the Wonderlands Overworld. Unlike usual Borderlands series DLC, you won't get a message or audio announcing where you need to go. It will be on the way to the Queen's Gate area on the path you take at the start of the game.

now what is the dlc all about (gameplay wise) if no story, just shooting and looting enemies over and over or just one big boss fight?

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-23-22 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-23-22, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Easiest way to get to Dreamveil Overlook:

Fast Travel to Snoring Valleyís Overworld exit.

Walk towards Queenís Gateís Overworld entrance.

Dreamveil Overlook will be on the left of your character. Near a mine encounter.

As for the DLC, there is a story and you earn Souls as currency to get loot. It is a longer ďencounterĒ like the Chaos Chamber but you have to solve puzzles. There is an optional challenge to find two chests in each ďroomĒ (eight to ten total). The final boss fight increases in level with each runthrough.
OldBoy (04-23-22)
Old 04-23-22, 04:46 PM

so i went to the mirror in Dreamveil Overlook and it says content not available, go to MS store. i have the Season Pass with my deluxe edition, it even says so when i go to MS. i dl'd the dlc obviously, i spun the fate wheel with some souls, got some loot and now can't get into the mirror to start first part. anyone know what's up? thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-22, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so i went to the mirror in Dreamveil Overlook and it says content not available, go to MS store. i have the Season Pass with my deluxe edition, it even says so when i go to MS. i dl'd the dlc obviously, i spun the fate wheel with some souls, got some loot and now can't get into the mirror to start first part. anyone know what's up? thanks in advance.
Did you talk to Vesper?
Old 04-23-22, 06:04 PM

Yes, she was continually talking after I spun the wheel of fate. The mirror says use, but when I press it says something like, Content not purchased. And to go to MS store. I uninstalled and reinstalled the dlc but to no avail.
Old 04-23-22, 06:27 PM

I’m uninstall and reinstalling entire package. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-23-22, 07:40 PM

Now, I get this after 2K support told me to uninstall and reinstall. I better not be fucked out of my level 34 character! The message appears as continue game and it takes me to Dreamveil automatically.

Old 04-24-22, 10:13 AM

tragedy averted. carry on.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.