DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/653739-tiny-tinas-wonderlands-borderlands-spin-off-3-25-22-all-platforms-sans-switch.html)

OldBoy 04-01-22 08:36 PM

Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Does the skeleton key chest in Brighthoof give out anything good? I think I have a few keys. Maybe I can get a good gun that way, but also early level so maybe not waste? They give out shift codes all the time so I’ll get more. Bl3 got some good stuff using golden keys.

K&AJones 04-02-22 07:17 AM

Re: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands (Borderlands spin-off) --> 3/25/22 --> (all platforms, sans Switch)

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14083784)
Does the skeleton key chest in Brighthoof give out anything good? I think I have a few keys. Maybe I can get a good gun that way, but also early level so maybe not waste? They give out shift codes all the time so I’ll get more. Bl3 got some good stuff using golden keys.

Don't know...have yet to use one. I know with past BL games there was a abundance of Shift Codes and Golden Keys and we usually would spend one like every 7-10 levels.....I hit Level 29 last Night and the slim pickings and horrible drops are back, at least for me...Chests and Dice....been 75% Green so I'm back using them. BUT....some are fairly decent and again picked up a Green which is from Feriore (formerly Tediore)...if you see these, grab them.....these you throw and more likely spawn a Hydra or a Lighting Bolt. I can straight out use this and spells alone....freeze and slow, Hydras everywhere and cast spells...Malfactor (formerly Maliwan) seem to be the fewest drops which is a shame since Corrosive is great against Skeletons, Fire on Humans, Animals. But no trouble or problem finding Melee and Spells with such....

mh4268 04-04-22 05:14 PM

Beat the main story line, this is definitely a better at launch game than BL3 was, though its a littler short (but im not done with all side quests). I really wish we still could fast travel to locations, the overworld is fun, but gets tiresome if you've got to run around all over. I'm having fun with the chaos chamber, it's a better endgame than having to play the game over for true vault hunter mode.

I was a spore warden/stabbo, i love that fucking mushroom companion so much. It saved me so many times. I'm going for spellshot next time, I didn't want to do that first play through because I figured I'd build up a spell arsenal and bank them my first run for future spellshot.

emachine12 04-05-22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by mh4268 (Post 14085102)
Beat the main story line, this is definitely a better at launch game than BL3 was, though its a littler short (but im not done with all side quests). I really wish we still could fast travel to locations, the overworld is fun, but gets tiresome if you've got to run around all over.

You can fast travel to locations without having to use the game board.

Open the Map, then press Triangle (PS)/Y (XB) to open the World Map. Choose your town/area then scroll through the available Fast Travel stations.

The Questyen 04-05-22 09:59 PM

I put about 5 hours into it and I think I'm done. I'm finding the whole thing pretty boring and uninteresting.

OldBoy 04-07-22 02:24 PM

anyone run into, what i assume is a glitch, going into your Quest Log and nothing appears?

i go in and nothing shows up at all. not main, not side. i can scroll through in game, but it doesn't tell me what region or details or whatever, so i have to look up where these quests are located.

**edit** nm. there seems to be a new bug that makes log go away, but few ways to fix. hope it works...

K&AJones 04-07-22 04:52 PM

Yep...and I've opened my stash and not seen any pictures of the items but saw the frames...we've seen some "small teleporting" going on...like someone with a bit of lag then suddenly move quick a few steps...just little things here and there...

Hit 40 the other night and two of hit Chaos Run and that's where it's all at for sure....drops are better but getting a load of crystals...say 2500...really helped. I just like the whole concept of it changing with everything from how and what you pick to random bosses at the end.

Also...able to respec your 2nd Multiclass is huge. I was running Spellshot with Clawbringer hoping the buffs in elemental and a bit more tanky would help...I just wasn't dealing enough damage though. Respec to Spellshot + Graveborne, checked some videos for points allocation and it's been night & day...other is doing some Nuke Graveborne Build and it's insane....

My second character is Clawbringer + Brr-Zerker...trying a mainly Melee and it's so-so but see the potential...just at level 21 and still using Guns and Melee 50/50

And a friend of mine sent a picture of her new super melee...it was a Legendary Frying Pan....no joke, it's a Frying Pan....

Decker 04-07-22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 14085810)
I put about 5 hours into it and I think I'm done. I'm finding the whole thing pretty boring and uninteresting.

That's a weird take for a guy who gets off on walking simulators. But different strokes and all....

The Questyen 04-07-22 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 14086659)
That's a weird take for a guy who gets off on walking simulators. But different strokes and all....

What a stupid ass comment.

OldBoy 04-08-22 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14086651)
Yep...and I've opened my stash and not seen any pictures of the items but saw the frames...we've seen some "small teleporting" going on...like someone with a bit of lag then suddenly move quick a few steps...just little things here and there...

Hit 40 the other night and two of hit Chaos Run and that's where it's all at for sure....drops are better but getting a load of crystals...say 2500...really helped. I just like the whole concept of it changing with everything from how and what you pick to random bosses at the end.

Also...able to respec your 2nd Multiclass is huge. I was running Spellshot with Clawbringer hoping the buffs in elemental and a bit more tanky would help...I just wasn't dealing enough damage though. Respec to Spellshot + Graveborne, checked some videos for points allocation and it's been night & day...other is doing some Nuke Graveborne Build and it's insane....

My second character is Clawbringer + Brr-Zerker...trying a mainly Melee and it's so-so but see the potential...just at level 21 and still using Guns and Melee 50/50

And a friend of mine sent a picture of her new super melee...it was a Legendary Frying Pan....no joke, it's a Frying Pan....

at what point do you pick up the second class build? i get drops for 2 classes combined and put them in my current inventory, but does it do anything if the second class is not opened for me yet? i'm in Mountain Craw, level 12, almost 13. thanks.

K&AJones 04-08-22 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14086907)
at what point do you pick up the second class build? i get drops for 2 classes combined and put them in my current inventory, but does it do anything if the second class is not opened for me yet? i'm in Mountain Craw, level 12, almost 13. thanks.

It's 14 or 15 I think....and you're doing right; put mods back for later classes you might want to try...I was finding some good class stuff with my main and just put them back along with a good melee, rings, amulets, shields, and spells....

OldBoy 04-09-22 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 14087201)
It's 14 or 15 I think....and you're doing right; put mods back for later classes you might want to try...I was finding some good class stuff with my main and just put them back along with a good melee, rings, amulets, shields, and spells....

i've gotten some good things from the skeleton chest. did you try yet? got a good ward, some nice spells...

K&AJones 04-09-22 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14087431)
i've gotten some good things from the skeleton chest. did you try yet? got a good ward, some nice spells...

Just once so far...The Chaos Chamber is where it's all at....it's drop central in there and getting the shards to open the Bunnies is your best bet.....grab high $$$ items to either sell or hand down to others to sell to expand your SDU

OldBoy 04-09-22 04:28 PM

I guess that much higher the chaos chamber. I’m lvl 16. Nothing opened up though. No second class. Maybe after a certain mission. I have yet to cross the sea and finding bard now. I don’t know where I’m at, but maybe certain mission opens up. I saw something in left side, but nothing new in inventory or skills opened. Gotta say lukewarm on game thus far. No big bosses yet. That’s odd, no?

I’m also finding it’s harder to get money. Nothing up to lvl 16 has been high value. Maybe $750 was most thus far. I farm and sell but need so much to get so little. I need $270,000 for next ammo upgrade. It’s so hard to come close. I think I have about $115,000, but to get next upgrade gonna take forever.

emachine12 04-09-22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14087558)
I guess that much higher the chaos chamber. I’m lvl 16. Nothing opened up though. No second class. Maybe after a certain mission. I have yet to cross the sea and finding bard now. I don’t know where I’m at, but maybe certain mission opens up. I saw something in left side, but nothing new in inventory or skills opened. Gotta say lukewarm on game thus far. No big bosses yet. That’s odd, no?

I’m also finding it’s harder to get money. Nothing up to lvl 16 has been high value. Maybe $750 was most thus far. I farm and sell but need so much to get so little. I need $270,000 for next ammo upgrade. It’s so hard to come close. I think I have about $115,000, but to get next upgrade gonna take forever.

Don’t pay for ammo upgrades, your best purchases are backpack, safe, and lost loot upgrades.

I did most, missed one, of all the quests in my playthrough and hit the level cap of 40. I unlocked everything… this is not a fast paced game like the previous Borderlands. It is an RPG at the heart and so there is a story to be told over the game’s progression.

The reveal of when this takes place, where the game
is being played answers a number of questions and for long time Borderlands fans, hits an emotional chord.

OldBoy 04-10-22 09:03 AM

Why not pay for ammo upgrades though? I need it. I shoot a lot and fast shooters like my handgun and SMG take a lot of ammo in very little time. I opened up my backpack a lot too. Also, where are all the bosses?

Music 04-10-22 11:15 AM

I have upgraded the backpack, and ammo for my most used weapons. I have not upgraded the lost loot, since it never gets full before I check it.

It really depends on how you play the game for what you need to upgrade first and how much.

K&AJones 04-10-22 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14087767)
Why not pay for ammo upgrades though? I need it. I shoot a lot and fast shooters like my handgun and SMG take a lot of ammo in very little time. I opened up my backpack a lot too. Also, where are all the bosses?

I agree with Backpack and Main Stash as priority upgrades...More Stash Space = More Loot to Carry = More to Sell for $$$ to get to buy more SDU or better gear...However it's also advisable for a ammo upgrade on your weapons' you use the most. Many times you can come across say two really good pistols or SMGs when can chew thru ammo...shotgun can too....but I'll sometimes carry two each with different elements but also look for any with Pixies, Lighting Bolts and Hydras...especially Hydras since you just keep them to shoot a couple of rounds, toss, rinse and repeat.....but the Pixies are no joke either......plus some element like Corrosive is the best on Skeletons while Cold works really good on the Snakepeople & Sharks...Fire on Birds and Mushrooms...and Shock on the Armor ones....

OldBoy 04-10-22 01:53 PM

i just got the double class. not sure i like what i picked though. i started as Spellshot and used second for Clawbringer, but i'm thinking should have gotten Graveborn (although this one says you lose health, but i like the companion that Clawbringer gives you). where can you respec the second class?

emachine12 04-10-22 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14087854)
i just got the double class. not sure i like what i picked though. i started as Spellshot and used second for Clawbringer, but i'm thinking should have gotten Graveborn (although this one says you lose health, but i like the companion that Clawbringer gives you). where can you respec the second class?

You can respec your second class after finishing the main campaign.

OldBoy 04-10-22 05:17 PM

Ok thanks e. Shit, didn’t know that. Now, I’m stuck.

mh4268 04-10-22 09:44 PM

Started a Spellshot this morning (going grave born combo), after a Spore/stabbo previously. I think this class really brings out this game more than my previous build which basically felt like Flak Jr, I think the melee focused classes would also make this game feel more unique than just another Borderlands game. The two spells is quite fun, but dependent on the loot you've found.

Like the last game, I definitely feel like SMGs and Pistols are by far the best weapons with the occasional shotgun thrown in. Im not sure I ever used a rocket launcher or sniper, even enemy is up close. I definitely buy ammo upgrades, that Liquid Cooling pistol burns through ammo so fast...

K&AJones 04-11-22 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by mh4268 (Post 14088003)
Started a Spellshot this morning (going grave born combo), after a Spore/stabbo previously. I think this class really brings out this game more than my previous build which basically felt like Flak Jr, I think the melee focused classes would also make this game feel more unique than just another Borderlands game. The two spells is quite fun, but dependent on the loot you've found.

Like the last game, I definitely feel like SMGs and Pistols are by far the best weapons with the occasional shotgun thrown in. Im not sure I ever used a rocket launcher or sniper, even enemy is up close. I definitely buy ammo upgrades, that Liquid Cooling pistol burns through ammo so fast...

There are some videos ...several...on the Spellshot & Graveborne combo which is what I'm running....it's basically all around spells using Ice and Shock or one of the other. The ones to use are Ice Spike with 2-3 charges so you can use two constantly...then using guns with Hydras, Pixies, lighting Bolts to help with even more damage....it's a bit of a struggle until you get to 40 and start getting better Spells, Mods and Weapons.....there are certain pcs that hate to say...Must Have...but tremendously helps. It's a fun build to play...in fact two of us have the same combo but the other is running some Nuke Build but it's insane...

My second is a Clawbringer & Brr-Zerker Melee....I'm Level 27 and it's more like 50/50 Melee and Guns...my main skill is Thunder Dome and trying to keep in going...basically throw and then recall with lots of Cold and Shock elemental damage using Buffs from both classes...so far it's pretty fun and now pay attention to melee weapons more. There's a cople of variations out there on YouTube...but you still need Gun Damage for flying things....

OldBoy 04-11-22 05:28 PM

I may have jumped the gun on my Spellshot/Clawbringer classes. Having that fire breathing Wyvern is so helpful. He can clear up a whole area by himself. Reminds how much I loved having my Spiderant companion in B3. He was brutal. He revived me and shit. Does the Wyvern revive too? What happens when his life bar is gone? I haven’t gotten there, but I see the companion does lose health. Can I replenish?

Anyway, I’m still iffy on this game. It’s more choices than I imagined. And less shooting which is Borderlands staple. And, this Overworld stuff just takes the excitement out. I loved in Borderlands, just straight quests and actions. None of this buzz kill world. Lvl 19, just hope it gets better. I’m still addicted to playing more so looting and selling from skeleton chest, but the action is good, just piece meal, I believe.

OldBoy 04-11-22 05:56 PM

Also, is there a way to put subtitles on? Almost every game has it, but I can’t seem to find option. I can’t make out Tina sometimes with all the shooting and looting.