Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch; 6/25/2021)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-21, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 556 Likes on 407 Posts

I haven't heard a lot of buzz about this game but I can't wait. Looks to be packed full of modes and stuff to do. Only a couple weeks away.

Best Buy preorder comes with a bag tag and Gamestop comes with a pin set.
Old 06-12-21, 08:22 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch; 6/25/2021)

I'm very intrigued by the speed golf!
Old 06-13-21, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I’ve been waiting for a Hot Shots-type golf game since the Switch released, so I’m really excited for this one.
Old 06-21-21, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mario Golf 64 may be my most played game of all time. Always excited for a new golf entry. Big fan of this and the Hot Shots (Everybody's) Golf series which just got a release on apple arcade as well.
Old 06-24-21, 09:55 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Yeah, I’m in.

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2254...intendo-switch
Old 06-25-21, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I'm done preordering games from Best Buy. They just shipped it yesterday night from UPS and I'm not scheduled to receive it until Wednesday. This is like the fifth time I've gotten a game way after release date that I preordered.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (06-25-21)
Old 06-25-21, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

What's the rush?
Old 06-25-21, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen
I think I'm done preordering games from Best Buy. They just shipped it yesterday night from UPS and I'm not scheduled to receive it until Wednesday. This is like the fifth time I've gotten a game way after release date that I preordered.
Buy for curbside pickup today then do return on one that shows up next week?
Old 06-25-21, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Buy for curbside pickup today then do return on one that shows up next week?
Usually I'll just swing by a store and do exactly that but I shouldn't have to. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of release day shipping. I also worked retail for many years and know how stuff works. Best Buy is getting these new releases on average 1-2 weeks before the release date so there is no reason for them to wait till the afternoon before release date to ship. Especially with UPS shipping which takes 4-5 days anytime I get something shipped by them.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (06-25-21)
Old 06-25-21, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I think I'm done preordering games from Best Buy.
I'm feeling kind of the same way. I wonder if they're deliberately doing a poor job to incentivize people to pickup at a B&M location instead.

Up until somewhat recently, I could've sworn that even when Best Buy shipped the day before release, they'd do Next Day Air instead of Ground so it'd still get here on time.
Old 06-26-21, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Usually I'll just swing by a store and do exactly that but I shouldn't have to. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of release day shipping. I also worked retail for many years and know how stuff works. Best Buy is getting these new releases on average 1-2 weeks before the release date so there is no reason for them to wait till the afternoon before release date to ship. Especially with UPS shipping which takes 4-5 days anytime I get something shipped by them.
I am not arguing the process.

I too worked retail, BB even. I was just saying that is the easy way around it so you could play this weekend.
Old 06-26-21, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I am not arguing the process.

I too worked retail, BB even. I was just saying that is the easy way around it so you could play this weekend.
I get it. If it was the only game I was interested in this weekend then I would have done it but thankfully I have Scarlet Nexus to play also.
Old 06-26-21, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Mine arrived on release date from Best Buy.
Old 07-04-21, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The golf is good but overall a pretty disappointing game. I finished up the adventure mode and it's the definition of mediocre.
Old 08-13-21, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts

I got this the other day and it’s fun. At least it was until XC golf.

Fuck. That. Noise.

I wish I hadn’t bought it digitally
Old 08-13-21, 08:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I was definitely not a fan of the XC mode.
Old 09-24-21, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, I'm impressed. Nintendo actually responded to the criticism this game got and actually offered an update today. Got two new characters, someone named "Ninji", who I assume is like a Pokemon cause I have no idea who he is, and Koopa Troopa. And two new courses. One is an icy/snowy course named Blustery Basin, the other is a desert course named Spiky Palms. They probably should've been included when the game was released, but it's nice to know they got added because honestly, I know Nintendo said they were intent on updating the game, but I didn't expect additional content til maybe December, and even then I was worried that you'd have to pay more to get access to it. Already playing the course Spiky Palms against the new character Ninji and just narrowly beat him. It's a decent course, and at least it gives you more variety...Might try the snow course, Blustery Basin later on today. It's nice of them to have updated the thing, and I had no idea they did until I loaded it up expecting to play one of the normal courses that were already in the game...So those who have it should fire it up and at least experience these new courses...
Old 09-24-21, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ninji is a character from the Mario universe. They first appeared in Super Mario Bros 2 but have been in multiple games since.
Old 09-24-21, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ninji is a character from the Mario universe. They first appeared in Super Mario Bros 2 but have been in multiple games since.
Hm, didn't know that. Appreciate the head's up. He seems like a decent character, and I also tried the new "ice/snow level" but was crushed by Koopa Troopa, which doesn't make sense because this game is generally easy, but I shot the ball against like a rock creek, and went +9 or something like that with Princess Peach, at which point they disqualify you from the level. Couldn't recover after that. At least there's now a much more variety of levels. I'll still probably stick to the first two for the most part, as I prefer standard green/forest levels, but these might be nice to play with buddies. And Princess Peach is a fun character to play with...I'm still working on unlocking them all to their greatest level, but she's fun...Next ones will probably be King Koopa and Donkey Kong, both of which I've already gotten like halfway there...
Old 09-30-21, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This game needs to be more explanatory. Like, I only learned the other day how to switch the Clubs by pressing the top button so that once you unlocked those superior clubs, they'd actually have them. For the longest time, I just assumed once I unlocked those clubs that the character would automatically have them. So for a while, I could've been kicking way more ass, but instead I was reined in. That's annoying. So they still need to adjust the game (ESPECIALLY THE INCREDIBLY SHITTY ADVENTURE MODE). I appreciate the two new characters and the two new levels, but they need to step up and do more, cause the game is so much worse than the GameCube version, or the N64 version. It's still fun cause obviously I'm playing it, but I expect more. And if this is how Nintendo is (including my issues with that Zelda game), then I'm just going to go back to Playstation and stay there. Nintendo has some fun games, but oftentimes they drop the ball and that's becoming a little too frequent in my mind...And I highly doubt Metroid Dread is gonna change my mind...Never my favorite series but I played it...But I doubt I ever actually finished one of the games...