Reload this Page >

What are you playing? (May 2021)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

What are you playing? (May 2021)

Old 05-27-21, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 199 Likes on 151 Posts
Re: What are you playing? (May 2021)

I've hit my stopping point with Returnal. I knew there was zero chance going in that I would ever make it very far in it and I was correct. Still enjoyed the 10 or so hours I put in to it.

Currently Playing:
Miitopia (Switch)
New Pokťmon Snap (Switch)
Old 05-27-21, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn . Gave up when it launched. 2nd time and I'm hooked. The graphics, story , enemies and combat all clicking with me.
Old 06-05-21, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 180 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee View Post
And speaking of Assassin's Creed, I started:

I think I'm going to be at it for a while I haven't played everything in the AC series (last one was Black Flag). I'm glad that the insta-fail sneaking missions are gone. Already I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the side quests, and think I'm going to start skipping some so I don't get too waylaid from the main story. Being more of a RPG fan, I don't mind that this has the series going more in that direction (I can see the comparisons to Witcher 3, with a bit of Far Cry).

AC: Odyssey is something that I bought digitally and will get around to eventually. But certainly I'll have to play a few games in between this and that.
I just started Odyssey and am enjoying it. The map is so huge, though, and I just got to level 29 while Iíve had level 50 quests on my task bar for a while.

I wasnít sure whether I wanted to tackle this right after Syndicate, but that was the first AC game I had played in a few years so I figured why not since I had re-familiarized myself with the gameplay (even though this is pretty different). I almost bought Origins on sale the other day but figured Iíll need a break so no rush. For both Odyssey and Origins, Xbox was selling the Deluxe edition and season pass for like $30 combined, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

I also returned to TLOU2. It was a little annoying because while I was making progress, it just seemed to be wave after wave of enemies. However, I just switched to a major character arc, so it feels more like Iím getting somewhere. Looking forward to finishing this one.
Old 06-05-21, 01:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I just finished Terminator Resistance and while it's not perfect I had alot of fun with it, I'm about half way through Mortal Kombat X and I haven't played a game in the series since 2 came out in arcades and it's alot of fun so far