Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Old 03-31-21, 04:22 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Posts: 9,071
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Selling/disposing of old Wiis

So - due to a long and sordid story that's still unfolding, my Wii (not Wii U) and and my wife's Wii (yes, we both had one, not-so-long story there) that have not been in our possession for about two years, are potentially going to be sold and/or disposed of in the near future.
I know I had bought stuff on Nintendo Shop and probably had credit card and profile information in it, my wife may not have ever done that on hers.
Is there anything we should try to ask the disposers to do to ensure our information is protected, or is there minimal risk? Each Wii is probably at least 10 years old.
Odds are, the credit card that was associated with them have expired, so presumably that's a protection.
Also, anything we asked the disposers to do would need to be exceedingly easy.
Thanks!
Old 03-31-21, 07:29 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,124
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Why not give Nintendo a call? 1-800-255-3700
Old 03-31-21, 09:38 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 14,746
Received 290 Likes on 223 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Can you boot them up and wipe them?
Old 04-01-21, 09:22 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,149
Received 169 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 View Post
So - due to a long and sordid story that's still unfolding, my Wii (not Wii U) and and my wife's Wii (yes, we both had one, not-so-long story there) that have not been in our possession for about two years, are potentially going to be sold and/or disposed of in the near future.
I know I had bought stuff on Nintendo Shop and probably had credit card and profile information in it, my wife may not have ever done that on hers.
Is there anything we should try to ask the disposers to do to ensure our information is protected, or is there minimal risk? Each Wii is probably at least 10 years old.
Odds are, the credit card that was associated with them have expired, so presumably that's a protection.
Also, anything we asked the disposers to do would need to be exceedingly easy.
Thanks!
I'm 99.9% sure you'll be fine. It's not going to show your credit card number and you can't buy anything on the Wii even if it still active on there. The worst that could happen is that who ever buys it could play any games you purchased but who cares.
Old 04-01-21, 10:07 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 20,785
Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

What is this sordid tale you speak of? Wii would like to know.
Old 04-01-21, 10:46 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
tanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gator Nation
Posts: 7,463
Received 240 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
What is this sordid tale you speak of? Wii would like to know.
His wife got tired of playing with his wii so she went and got her own to play with. Now they're both bored playing with them and want to get rid of them. What's so sordid about that?
Old 04-01-21, 10:50 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 53,724
Received 1,377 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Perhaps you can convince both consoles to commit ritual Ha-Wii Ka-Wii.
Old 04-02-21, 09:10 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manch Vegas, NH
Posts: 8,471
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Perhaps you can convince both consoles to commit ritual Ha-Wii Ka-Wii.
boooo hisss....

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.