DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Selling/disposing of old Wiis (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/652732-selling-disposing-old-wiis.html)

tonyc3742 03-31-21 04:22 PM

Selling/disposing of old Wiis

So - due to a long and sordid story that's still unfolding, my Wii (not Wii U) and and my wife's Wii (yes, we both had one, not-so-long story there) that have not been in our possession for about two years, are potentially going to be sold and/or disposed of in the near future.
I know I had bought stuff on Nintendo Shop and probably had credit card and profile information in it, my wife may not have ever done that on hers.
Is there anything we should try to ask the disposers to do to ensure our information is protected, or is there minimal risk? Each Wii is probably at least 10 years old.
Odds are, the credit card that was associated with them have expired, so presumably that's a protection.
Also, anything we asked the disposers to do would need to be exceedingly easy.
Thanks!

Gideon68 03-31-21 07:29 PM

Re: Selling/disposing of old Wiis

Why not give Nintendo a call? 1-800-255-3700

milo bloom 03-31-21 09:38 PM

Can you boot them up and wipe them?

The Questyen 04-01-21 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 (Post 13913875)
So - due to a long and sordid story that's still unfolding, my Wii (not Wii U) and and my wife's Wii (yes, we both had one, not-so-long story there) that have not been in our possession for about two years, are potentially going to be sold and/or disposed of in the near future.
I know I had bought stuff on Nintendo Shop and probably had credit card and profile information in it, my wife may not have ever done that on hers.
Is there anything we should try to ask the disposers to do to ensure our information is protected, or is there minimal risk? Each Wii is probably at least 10 years old.
Odds are, the credit card that was associated with them have expired, so presumably that's a protection.
Also, anything we asked the disposers to do would need to be exceedingly easy.
Thanks!

I'm 99.9% sure you'll be fine. It's not going to show your credit card number and you can't buy anything on the Wii even if it still active on there. The worst that could happen is that who ever buys it could play any games you purchased but who cares.

dsa_shea 04-01-21 10:07 PM

What is this sordid tale you speak of? Wii would like to know.

tanman 04-01-21 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 13914601)
What is this sordid tale you speak of? Wii would like to know.

His wife got tired of playing with his wii so she went and got her own to play with. Now they're both bored playing with them and want to get rid of them. What's so sordid about that?

Decker 04-01-21 10:50 PM

Perhaps you can convince both consoles to commit ritual Ha-Wii Ka-Wii.

Music 04-02-21 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13914627)
Perhaps you can convince both consoles to commit ritual Ha-Wii Ka-Wii.

boooo hisss....