EA Sports College Football to return

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EA Sports College Football to return

Old 05-20-24, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 432 Likes on 322 Posts
Re: EA Sports College Football to return

Originally Posted by Decker
Every player was given the opportunity to sell their NIL to the game for $600 + a copy of the game. Some star-level players got a bonus deal. Some players (like Arch Manning) declined.
Apparently grandpa told him not to accept an NIL until hes a starter.

Also while the Heisman will be in the game, all the other major awards will not be. They said EAs offer wasnt good enough.
Old 05-20-24, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,653 Likes on 4,544 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Apparently grandpa told him not to accept an NIL until hes a starter.
In that case, I don't think he listened very well.
https://www.athleticbusiness.com/ope...-purdys-salary
Old 05-26-24, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 856 Likes on 628 Posts

I don't buy games on release date, because I'm cheap and I don't want to pay $70. I just preordered NCAA 25 though....
Old 05-31-24, 10:29 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 284 Likes on 217 Posts

Old 07-09-24, 12:38 PM

Every player was given the opportunity to sell their NIL to the game for $600 + a copy of the game. Some star-level players got a bonus deal. Some players (like Arch Manning) declined.
Or maybe they just wisely held out for more money?????
The following users liked this post:
DJariya (07-09-24)
Old 07-09-24, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 432 Likes on 322 Posts

Or maybe they just wisely held out for more money?????
https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1810722399970628051
I read they’re paying him $50-60k to be in it and promote it. Plus he still gets the original $600 and a copy of the game.
Old 07-10-24, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,068 Likes on 765 Posts

Old 07-13-24, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you have a Costco membership College Football 25 is $62.99 for PS5 and Xbox at Costco.
Old 07-15-24, 05:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

If you have EA Play or Game Pass ultimate you can play for 10 hours.
Old 07-15-24, 06:30 PM

USA Today of all people have a review up already :

EA Sports College Football 25 review

USA TODAY Sports was able to play the full game of EA Sports College Football 25 before it releases, and the first impression of the game lives up the ginormous hype.

The presentation of the game will blow every gamer away. The details of every team and stadium is precise, capturing the unique traditions and pageantry of every FBS school. For instance, UCLA's "8 clap" can be heard during games and Hawai'i fans celebrate by throwing up the shaka. Another aspect of the presentation is the commentary. The commentators stressed the hours they put into the game, and there are so many fresh takes coming from the booth where the same things don't get repeated over and over again.

If there were still any doubt this is a "Madden reskin," the gameplay should put it to rest. It truly feels as if you're playing an updated version of NCAA Football 14. The movements are crisp yet there's nuance in what is needed to execute plays. After several games played, there weren't any wild animations. Passing is much more precise and how good your quarterback is will determine how easy − or hard − it is to air the ball. However, it won't take long to realize how much fun running the ball is. Players will be heavily rewarded for finding the open lanes, and juking out defenders will leave a smile on anyone's face.

Dynasty mode is the mode everyone loves, and players will remember the amount of time needed to build a program. Becoming a hall of fame-worthy coach is a process and it'll absolutely take time to become a national power if you start with a low-prestige school. The recruiting feels much more personalized and realistic to the point you'll become attached to those recruits you're so desperately trying to get to sign with your team, happy if you get them and disappointed if you don't. The presentation of the game is also deeper in dynasty mode with commentary on how a team's season is going and the domino effects around the college football world.

Road to glory is a mode everyone should try once. It's fast paced but also has layers that make every experience unique. It has funny moments, like do you cheat on a test or skip your night class for that midnight party, but it also makes every decision made important. Focus on becoming a leader and your player will have poise, but if those grades drop, you won't be able to play.

If there is anything to nitpick about the game, it's that people will have to remember that this is truly a new game and it'll take hours to get really good at it. Player ratings matter, and if you're going against a star player, it'll take a massive effort to slow them down. An example is in an exhibition game played, there was no answer to stop Southern California's Zachariah Branch. That also leads to the next point: playing defense is tough. College football is all about the offense, and it shows. It was difficult to get many stops and force punts. The majority of games played were shootouts. Kicking is also much more difficult; the meters for power and accuracy are very sensitive, and field goals outside 35-yards aren't a guarantee. We can confirm Hawai'i's Clarence T.C. Ching Athletics Complex is not in the game, but there's clearly something going on between EA Sports and Hawai'i on who's fault that is.

Those who have been waiting more than a decade for this game should rejoice. EA Sports College Football 25 delivers.
Old 07-15-24, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 199 Posts

How's this for my first play?

The following 2 users liked this post by Maxflier:
lwhy? (07-15-24), Music (07-15-24)
Old 07-15-24, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Excellent team choice!
Old 07-15-24, 11:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I second that(although the Buckeyes are my main team). Did you notice how the announcer screws up and said the Volunteers will kick it away even though they received?
Old 07-16-24, 07:13 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bmoney1023
I second that(although the Buckeyes are my main team). Did you notice how the announcer screws up and said the Volunteers will kick it away even though they received?
The announcers are pretty bad. The dialogue doesn't match the game quite a bit.