Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil Village (Xbox, PS5, PC; 5/7/2021)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Resident Evil Village (Xbox, PS5, PC; 5/7/2021)

Old 06-04-21, 07:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 261 Likes on 228 Posts
Re: Resident Evil Village (Xbox, PS5, PC; 5/7/2021)

How can you complete game with just knife? I know for a fact you have to sniper a bell or something that is outside. Some boss battles you have to shoot at body above a heaping monster and no way you can get to with the knife. Even those cyber guys with arms guns got to shoot red on chest. I guess you can knife, but getting that close would get you killed. I dont’t see how it’s possible…
Old 06-05-21, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
How can you complete game with just knife? I know for a fact you have to sniper a bell or something that is outside. Some boss battles you have to shoot at body above a heaping monster and no way you can get to with the knife. Even those cyber guys with arms guns got to shoot red on chest. I guess you can knife, but getting that close would get you killed. I dont’t see how it’s possible…
For challenges like that you wouldn’t be penalized for using a gun for those parts.
Old 06-05-21, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Finished the game last night and started a new game plus. Or thought I did. I didn’t realize you have to load your win save file for new game plus to kick in, so I hit start and played up through the first typewriter wondering when I was going to find all my gear before googling and seeing I did it wrong.

Restarted an actual new game plus and made it through the first dungeon. Got enough Challenge Points to unlock unlimited grenade launcher ammo. Figure I’ll tear through another regular difficulty playthrough with that so that I can upgrade my weapon set some more before tackling the more challenging mode. Seems like there’s pretty easily enough to justify 3-4 playthroughs, which is pretty rare for me to feel about a game.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
For challenges like that you wouldn’t be penalized for using a gun for those parts.
Also, it appears the game’s final ‘knife’ is a lightsaber.
Old 06-05-21, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Damn forgot to purchase the unlimted shotgun shell as I spent my points on getting Chris weapons and figures and some pictures. Oh, well just have to finish it the second time.
Old 06-05-21, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man, I need a lot of moolah to upgrade my weapons. I killed Urias early by shooting his face with my fully uprgrade shotty and a couple of shot with the magnus and got the Timber trophy.
Old 06-05-21, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 93 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
Man, I need a lot of moolah to upgrade my weapons. I killed Urias early by shooting his face with my fully uprgrade shotty and a couple of shot with the magnus and got the Timber trophy.
I saw that as a challenge and am curious if that changes the bit he’s in later in the story, or if they’re just like ‘assume it’s his twin.’
Old 06-05-21, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Try playing it on casual and use the karambit knife it way better than the other knife.
Old 06-05-21, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by maxfisher View Post
I saw that as a challenge and am curious if that changes the bit he’s in later in the story, or if they’re just like ‘assume it’s his twin.’
No, he come back when he was jumping away on the roof in the cutscense so you have to fight him later.
Old 06-05-21, 06:32 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 261 Likes on 228 Posts

Almost finished with 1st. Just got to Heisenberg’s Factory. He’s a pretty magnanimous enemy. Can’t wait for that fight. No tips please. And then I guess Mother Miranda.
Old 06-08-21, 08:41 AM

Received 107 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
Damn forgot to purchase the unlimted shotgun shell as I spent my points on getting Chris weapons and figures and some pictures. Oh, well just have to finish it the second time.
You can purchase unlimited ammo for a gun (or anything else for that matter) mid-game.
Old 06-08-21, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
You can purchase unlimited ammo for a gun (or anything else for that matter) mid-game.
Yeah, I did plus I got unlimted ammo for the magnus and Dragoon assault rifle. They help me on hardcore, will tried to get unlimted grenade launcher.
Old 06-10-21, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I love it so far even though it has the usual RE redundancy to it (let's get rid of the puzzles once and for all). This game feels like a movie when you're walking around the village with the werewolves are stalking you before attacking.

The village is my favorite scenery by far but the castle (which I just completed) was very nice as well.

I might be a little behind on comments as well as I don't want anything spoiled for me. I find this story intriguing as I'm curious as to how this all fits in with Ethan's story from 7.

I watched a behind the scenes video on this game and the original plan was to just make this gam hordes of enemies attacking you - I'm glad they didn't do that.

Lastly, the Lycan attack is something I'll never forget in a video game - very well done.