DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Resident Evil Village (Xbox, PS5, PC; 5/7/2021) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/650690-resident-evil-village-xbox-ps5-pc%3B-5-7-2021-a.html)

OldBoy 06-04-21 07:29 PM

Re: Resident Evil Village (Xbox, PS5, PC; 5/7/2021)

How can you complete game with just knife? I know for a fact you have to sniper a bell or something that is outside. Some boss battles you have to shoot at body above a heaping monster and no way you can get to with the knife. Even those cyber guys with arms guns got to shoot red on chest. I guess you can knife, but getting that close would get you killed. I dont’t see how it’s possible…

nickdawgy 06-05-21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13942145)
How can you complete game with just knife? I know for a fact you have to sniper a bell or something that is outside. Some boss battles you have to shoot at body above a heaping monster and no way you can get to with the knife. Even those cyber guys with arms guns got to shoot red on chest. I guess you can knife, but getting that close would get you killed. I dont’t see how it’s possible…

For challenges like that you wouldn’t be penalized for using a gun for those parts.

maxfisher 06-05-21 09:25 AM

Finished the game last night and started a new game plus. Or thought I did. I didn’t realize you have to load your win save file for new game plus to kick in, so I hit start and played up through the first typewriter wondering when I was going to find all my gear before googling and seeing I did it wrong.

Restarted an actual new game plus and made it through the first dungeon. Got enough Challenge Points to unlock unlimited grenade launcher ammo. Figure I’ll tear through another regular difficulty playthrough with that so that I can upgrade my weapon set some more before tackling the more challenging mode. Seems like there’s pretty easily enough to justify 3-4 playthroughs, which is pretty rare for me to feel about a game.

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13942227)
For challenges like that you wouldn’t be penalized for using a gun for those parts.

Also, it appears the game’s final ‘knife’ is a lightsaber.

dom56 06-05-21 10:23 AM

Damn forgot to purchase the unlimted shotgun shell as I spent my points on getting Chris weapons and figures and some pictures. Oh, well just have to finish it the second time.

dom56 06-05-21 10:35 AM

Man, I need a lot of moolah to upgrade my weapons. I killed Urias early by shooting his face with my fully uprgrade shotty and a couple of shot with the magnus and got the Timber trophy. :)

maxfisher 06-05-21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by dom56 (Post 13942291)
Man, I need a lot of moolah to upgrade my weapons. I killed Urias early by shooting his face with my fully uprgrade shotty and a couple of shot with the magnus and got the Timber trophy. :)

I saw that as a challenge and am curious if that changes the bit he’s in later in the story, or if they’re just like ‘assume it’s his twin.’

dom56 06-05-21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13942145)

Try playing it on casual and use the karambit knife it way better than the other knife.

dom56 06-05-21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13942348)
I saw that as a challenge and am curious if that changes the bit he’s in later in the story, or if they’re just like ‘assume it’s his twin.’

No, he come back when he was jumping away on the roof in the cutscense so you have to fight him later.

OldBoy 06-05-21 06:32 PM

Almost finished with 1st. Just got to Heisenberg’s Factory. He’s a pretty magnanimous enemy. Can’t wait for that fight. No tips please. And then I guess Mother Miranda.

Groucho 06-08-21 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by dom56 (Post 13942287)
Damn forgot to purchase the unlimted shotgun shell as I spent my points on getting Chris weapons and figures and some pictures. Oh, well just have to finish it the second time.

You can purchase unlimited ammo for a gun (or anything else for that matter) mid-game.

dom56 06-08-21 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13943120)
You can purchase unlimited ammo for a gun (or anything else for that matter) mid-game.

Yeah, I did plus I got unlimted ammo for the magnus and Dragoon assault rifle. They help me on hardcore, will tried to get unlimted grenade launcher.

Rival11 06-10-21 10:58 AM

I love it so far even though it has the usual RE redundancy to it (let's get rid of the puzzles once and for all). This game feels like a movie when you're walking around the village with the werewolves are stalking you before attacking.

The village is my favorite scenery by far but the castle (which I just completed) was very nice as well.

I might be a little behind on comments as well as I don't want anything spoiled for me. I find this story intriguing as I'm curious as to how this all fits in with Ethan's story from 7.

I watched a behind the scenes video on this game and the original plan was to just make this gam hordes of enemies attacking you - I'm glad they didn't do that.

Lastly, the Lycan attack is something I'll never forget in a video game - very well done.

uteotw 07-12-21 09:21 AM

Just finished this last night. Pretty epic game. Lots of great moments, and the various stages of the ending were fantastic. The boss fights were tough (some more than others) but not annoyingly so. Just an overall excellent game.

Koby 07-12-21 01:39 PM

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resid...tering-issues/

Seems all the micro-stutters and issues with performance with the PC version is related to Capcom’s anti-tamper V3. Report claims the "crack" (I haven't tested it and won't, as I prefer to keep my install legitimate) that disables it, fixes all of the issues players have been complaining about.

Maybe now that it's been bypassed, Capcom will update the game to remove Denuvo and their anti-tamper so legitimate users who paid for the game can get as good of an experience as those who illegally obtained the game.

There's been continued claims that Denuvo and such do not affect playback, yet evidence continues to crop up showcasing it does. Devil May Cry 5, Capcom messed up and included a non-denuvo executable with the initial release on day one. Reports and benchmarks proved there was up to a 15 fps drop caused by denuvo on that title. Sometimes it seems to not affect much at all, if at all, but others it really hampers performance.

In any case, would be nice to be able to play RE8 legitimately without the game stuttering nearly every time you kill an enemy. It's a fun game and I'd be willing to replay through it again if such an update happened.

Dan 08-13-21 09:33 PM

Want a seven and a half hour thorough look at (nearly) every Resident Evil game?
'course you do!

I'm about two hours into it (I have to watch it in chunks), and it's actually very good, if a bit on the dry side. Games covered...

Resident Evil 1-- 03:52
Resident Evil 2-- 21:57
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis-- 42:20
Reisdent Evil: Code Veronica-- 1:02:09
Resident Evil: Survivor-- 1:22:28
Resident Evil (2002)-- 1:30:11
Resident Evil 0-- 1:45:38
Resident Evil: Outbreak-- 2:03:53
Resident Evil: Outbreak File #2-- 2:16:07
Resident Evil 4-- 2:23:11
RE4: Seperate Ways-- 2:50:43
Resident Evil 5-- 2:55:21
RE5: Desperate Escape / Paul W.S. Anderson Movies-- 3:28:08
RE5: Lost in Nightmares-- 3:32:03
Resident Evil: Revelations-- 3:35:24
Resident Evil 6-- 3:52:43
Resident Evil: Revelations 2-- 4:32:19
REV2: The Struggle-- 5:00:38
REV2: Little Miss-- 5:04:49
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard-- 5:10:36
RE7: Not A Hero-- 5:41:34
RE7: Banned Footage (21/Bedroom/Daughters)-- 5:45:39
RE7: End of Zoe-- 5:51:10
Resident Evil 2 (2019)-- 5:54:59
Resident Evil 3 (2020)-- 6:16:38
Resident Evil 8: Village-- 6:36:18

Rival11 10-13-21 08:17 AM

Finished this a while back but forgot to post. This was an outstanding game. The level design was amazing.

Yet another Resident Evil title that will leave a forever lasting impression - they put a ton of work into this.

With all that praise though, I really hope they don't make the next game with
Spoiler:
Rose being the main protagonist with superpowers - that's what it looks like they're hinting at. If anything, it would be cool to see her become the main villain. I did not like the very end cinematic - it took me right out of the game and I don't want to see this series going too far into fantasy land. Village is as close to fantasy as I would like to get - I want the next installment AFTER the Ethan Winters series wraps up to go back to what we had with RE 2 and 3....Probably never going to happen but here's hoping.

RichC2 10-13-21 06:50 PM

Saw Gamefly had used copies for $25 so I'll finally be giving this a whirl. Woot.

OldBoy 12-27-21 12:46 PM

decided to go back and finish this up. i'm on the part playing as Chris. is
Spoiler:
Ethan, really dead?

that spoiler threw me for a loop.

anyway, still solid. don't know how i defeated Heisenberg.

so as Chris, just about to go down to the metomycite (sp?) after blowing up the living tree shell using the laser sight. about how much more do i have to go? thanks.

big e 12-27-21 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14031141)
decided to go back and finish this up. i'm on the part playing as Chris. is
Spoiler:
Ethan, really dead?

that spoiler threw me for a loop.

anyway, still solid. don't know how i defeated Heisenberg.

so as Chris, just about to go down to the metomycite (sp?) after blowing up the living tree shell using the laser sight. about how much more do i have to go? thanks.

You're pretty close to the end. Still have to go through the boss battle with Mother Miranda.

OldBoy 12-27-21 04:25 PM

Figured. Thanks e. Last one must be a bitch…

gerrythedon 12-27-21 06:34 PM

Just read the whole thread. Completed this yesterday. Fuck this game is amazing, loved it!. All the praises just read, I echo. Funny how people jizzed their pants over LADY D and her part in the game and along with the 3 daughters ended so quickly. Everything was fine fear wise until that damn House Beneviento. Fucking baby and dolls had me -eek-, sucks that their wasn't more with Donna and that it was a non-boss battle. Playing as Chris was nice. Completed it on casual and unlocked the special knife, unlimited Grenade launcher, Unlimited Wolfsbane Magnum and Unlimited Chris rifle (only bought perk, not actual rifle, since I will only need it for his part towards the end). And will used these weapons for a NG+ one day. I wanted to do a knife run but did not completely upgrade my Health and also missing the faster walking perk. Just needed 3 fish and needed to kill a blue bird... damn it. Can't wait to play as Rose in the next one.

mhg83 01-11-22 08:28 PM

I'm having a blast with this way more than 7. But was severely let down by the lady Dimitrescu boss fight. It was built up to be this epic fight i figure it would be somewhat challenging. Ridiculously easy. Didn't die once and the battle was over pretty fast :(

I'm playing on standard and thinking of bumping it up to Hardcore. Does the game get more difficult later on?

mhg83 01-12-22 07:51 AM

Marathoned the game just finished and watching the end credits. WOW! I Def. Will make this my Game Of The Year .

mhg83 01-12-22 08:27 AM

I hope Capcom hires another team to remake 4 using this engine. Already got vibes of 4 throughout 8 :)

So my hope is RE4 remake 2023

And RE9 2024

The Questyen 01-12-22 08:45 AM

They already announced they are working on an RE4 remake. I'm still pissed they are skipping remakes of Code Veronica and Zero both games I enjoy quite a bit more than 4.