Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-21, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Looks like the patch does some rebalancing with the snipers. That's good news!
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (05-01-21)
Old 04-30-21, 11:41 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Nice!
Old 04-30-21, 03:38 PM

Wait, please simplify. How do I up my WT from 6 when I can only play on 6 to up to other Tiers when 6 kicks my ass now with character at level 7? Do I go back to easy missions to level up character, on a lower world tier and then play forward on 6 and my character will be better equipped for higher tier?
Old 04-30-21, 05:41 PM

farming just takes too long. i did one level where online said good XP and yeah, i got one level higher in character and upped World Tier by 1 and got first purple drop, but it took like 30-45 min. not sure that's worth it.
Old 05-01-21, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Wait, please simplify. How do I up my WT from 6 when I can only play on 6 to up to other Tiers when 6 kicks my ass now with character at level 7? Do I go back to easy missions to level up character, on a lower world tier and then play forward on 6 and my character will be better equipped for higher tier?

Technically one can run thru the entire game at WT 1-2 if they want especially just saving time to get to 30 which is where you get all your Skill Points at that level; and makes a huge difference. We had our friend who got hit by the Inventory Wipe and he started out just at WT 1-2, got a little ways in and then bumped to WT3-4 but didn't move up till the last two areas. In fact some skip the Hunts and Bounties at Trench Town to Quarry to The Forrest, get a little higher and then come back and run them as you get Purple Weapons and Armor for rewards....also if you say do the Hunts and Bounties as you go along and they're completed at WT4...annd you hold them for later to get items you might need when you hit say Level 26-27. Thos items will drop at your Level but at WT4, not your current WT...so if you hit WT7 at the end, gear from those Hunts and Bounties Rewards will drop lower...

The WT Go Low or Go high is a trade off...Go High for better and higher level gear but face toucher enemies...of Go Low to complete and go thru campaign and/or sidequests much faster and easier but get lower ranked gear, If you want to say run WT5 or 6, use Dr. Zahedi to change Mods that fit your character, takes advantage of their path and skills while shooting for some defense mods. We made the mistake our first go thru of not paying attention and using him enough...our second characters was a breeze (except in 2-3 areas that are a serious PITA).....Weapon and/or Skill Leech Stats are essential early on...then it's either Weapon or Skill Damage...Itried a Hybrid evening both but focus on one....Use Melee, it's powerful and considered a Skill

One area we didn't pay much attention to at first...bypassing in favor of More Weapon and Anomally Power along with looking for "Green Arrows with More Armor"...is status. Understanding how it works; both for you and against you...is important. best for you to read this short article as ther are differnt Status Effects for differnt purposes and results....hopefully help you as it's helped us and still a ways to go.... Outriders: All Status Effects and What They Do | Game Rant
Old 05-01-21, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Technically one can run thru the entire game at WT 1-2 if they want especially just saving time to get to 30 which is where you get all your Skill Points at that level; and makes a huge difference. We had our friend who got hit by the Inventory Wipe and he started out just at WT 1-2, got a little ways in and then bumped to WT3-4 but didn't move up till the last two areas. In fact some skip the Hunts and Bounties at Trench Town to Quarry to The Forrest, get a little higher and then come back and run them as you get Purple Weapons and Armor for rewards....also if you say do the Hunts and Bounties as you go along and they're completed at WT4...annd you hold them for later to get items you might need when you hit say Level 26-27. Thos items will drop at your Level but at WT4, not your current WT...so if you hit WT7 at the end, gear from those Hunts and Bounties Rewards will drop lower...

The WT Go Low or Go high is a trade off...Go High for better and higher level gear but face toucher enemies...of Go Low to complete and go thru campaign and/or sidequests much faster and easier but get lower ranked gear, If you want to say run WT5 or 6, use Dr. Zahedi to change Mods that fit your character, takes advantage of their path and skills while shooting for some defense mods. We made the mistake our first go thru of not paying attention and using him enough...our second characters was a breeze (except in 2-3 areas that are a serious PITA).....Weapon and/or Skill Leech Stats are essential early on...then it's either Weapon or Skill Damage...Itried a Hybrid evening both but focus on one....Use Melee, it's powerful and considered a Skill

One area we didn't pay much attention to at first...bypassing in favor of More Weapon and Anomally Power along with looking for "Green Arrows with More Armor"...is status. Understanding how it works; both for you and against you...is important. best for you to read this short article as ther are differnt Status Effects for differnt purposes and results....hopefully help you as it's helped us and still a ways to go.... Outriders: All Status Effects and What They Do | Game Rant
yeah, i've been modding a lot, but got a gun that restores health very quickly, so i barely even get close to dying, but that was the farming area where no shooters, only little and then big monster. i really don't want to run quickly through this game bc i like it quite a bit. so, i think i will just keep going like i have been and see what's what. lower a tier once in awhile when i really need it and raise when i can handle. we'll see, but thanks for the article and the advice K&A.
Old 05-01-21, 04:44 PM

i'm sorry for my complete ignorance with this game's rpg elements.

But, what is the best possible way to get the most enjoyment out of this game and be able to make it last or take my time?

i farmed to level 18, WT 7, got some good gear, few nice guns. i think health like 1,000ish, firepower 4k, anomaly, almost 2k, armor, don't remember. i have 'healing received', gear and weapons around 10% or how ever they measure and heals me almost right away when i kill an enemy, i guess, 'max health' 74 gear.

went back to do a side mission at where i was before farmed at WT 7 and didn't even last 30 seconds. truthfully. they swarmed i couldn't kill and no revive health. i turned off after. is there gear you can get that you receive health when not killing?

i don't know. so i really like the game as i've said, but single player, what's best way to get most enjoyment and not "rush" it?

and, i don't know where the hell that staus effect menu is that the article mentions, but sounds like something i want to enable and be able to use.

thanks K&A.
Old 05-01-21, 11:26 PM

Roughly how many hours is main campaign and most, if not all side missions, in total for single player?
Old 05-02-21, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Roughly how many hours is main campaign and most, if not all side missions, in total for single player?

I've heard around 30 if you do everything but again it's based on WT setting in which case the higher, the more difficult and in some case dying and re-running the missions and areas...

You say you're Level 18 but yet you're playing WT7...which is no joke early on since for one you're not getting "Purples" or is so very, very few....and second the enemies are a +4 level above you no matter your Level or Location...
WT3 is Normal...everything Loot to Enemies is even with tour Level but Rewards are pathetic. After that every WT Ranking moves up one spot..WT4 - +1, WT5 - +2, WT6 - +3, WT7 - +4 and so on. The only real benefit for WT7 and above is a very, very, very small cahnce at a Legendary.....Rares drop as the rewards in WT 4 thru 6...but frankly the Legenday Drop rate in this game % wise is one of the worst I've seen.....Personally I'd even go with WT2-3 early on, after Trench Town the Purples start poping up and then when you see and get them and better stuff maybe bump to WT4-5....WT 6 and 7 just not worth the hassle especially in some areas that we had to drop the WT setting two spots...
Old 05-02-21, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I’m level 16 and I find running WT 4-5 to be the sweet spot for me. I set it to 5 as default and if I die a couple times in an area drop it to 4, complete it and move forward. I’m not getting a lot of quality drops but I’m breaking down enough gear and visiting the scientist regularly so that my weapons and armor are almost fully upgraded and contain the mods I like.
K&AJones (05-03-21)
Old 05-02-21, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I was at 58hrs after completing main campaign plus all side missions, hunts, and bounties. Might have been some game idle time and end game stuff in that number, so maybe 55 hrs total for campaign and side.

WT9 seems to be my wall with my Trickster and Devastator. Even with fully leveled gear and decent mods, I cannot output nearly enough damage to elite enemies or bosses.
K&AJones (05-03-21)
Old 05-02-21, 05:53 PM

I dunno. I must be doing something wrong.

I did a little more farming. Now level 20, WT 8. Did my farming on 8, when I got there. But have only gotten 2 purple drops. They are ok, but I have better. Is that normal? Does it get better in Trench Town? I’m about to do first mission there on WT 6. See how that works out.

How does the drop color work? Green, Blue, Purple, and then whatever legendary is?

How far along am I, about half way?

Is there any way to see on Xbox how many hours you been playing?
Old 05-03-21, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I dunno. I must be doing something wrong.

I did a little more farming. Now level 20, WT 8. Did my farming on 8, when I got there. But have only gotten 2 purple drops. They are ok, but I have better. Is that normal? Does it get better in Trench Town? I’m about to do first mission there on WT 6. See how that works out.

How does the drop color work? Green, Blue, Purple, and then whatever legendary is?

How far along am I, about half way?

Is there any way to see on Xbox how many hours you been playing?
There are (17) Zones...not counting the last; Outriders Camp....Trench Town is the 5th so that tells you where your are....we really didn't start seeing Purples Drop till ..."After Trench Town" which has a vendor that sells them but save your coin for later and if anything just upgrade change mods. Like I've said, that's where hunts and Bounties can be obtained and you get Purple Rewards....you'll get a slightly better chance for more to drop with higher WT but at that level, not worth the hassel...as I said, WT7 and above has a tiny, small chance for Legendary and that's basically it...and I mean tiny, tiny small chance....WT 4, 5, 6 all have Rare Drops for rewards with chances at Purple

And I can tell you this, as much as we've played not...we have two characters each at Level 30, finished the campaign doing the last three zones at WT7-9 each, doing Challenge Tiers at 5-6 and even took our Mains back in some place and did WT10...between the two of us and sometimes three....maybe (4) Legendaries dropped...and these aren't any those special ones either. Like everything else that drops, it's a roll-of-the-dice on stats and in fact we broke them down because they didn't fit our build and character....you're better off taking a Blue with all three stats that fit your build and turning that into a Purple and keeping for several levels....
Old 05-03-21, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

I'm definitely getting close to the end of the campaign; still enjoying it quite a bit. I have 5 Legendary weapons now; just need a pistol to round out my 3 equipped. I got stuck last night on a side quest for a Wanderer. The fight was overwhelming me with waves of mobs in a small space.
Old 05-03-21, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
There are (17) Zones...not counting the last; Outriders Camp....Trench Town is the 5th so that tells you where your are....we really didn't start seeing Purples Drop till ..."After Trench Town" which has a vendor that sells them but save your coin for later and if anything just upgrade change mods. Like I've said, that's where hunts and Bounties can be obtained and you get Purple Rewards....you'll get a slightly better chance for more to drop with higher WT but at that level, not worth the hassel...as I said, WT7 and above has a tiny, small chance for Legendary and that's basically it...and I mean tiny, tiny small chance....WT 4, 5, 6 all have Rare Drops for rewards with chances at Purple

And I can tell you this, as much as we've played not...we have two characters each at Level 30, finished the campaign doing the last three zones at WT7-9 each, doing Challenge Tiers at 5-6 and even took our Mains back in some place and did WT10...between the two of us and sometimes three....maybe (4) Legendaries dropped...and these aren't any those special ones either. Like everything else that drops, it's a roll-of-the-dice on stats and in fact we broke them down because they didn't fit our build and character....you're better off taking a Blue with all three stats that fit your build and turning that into a Purple and keeping for several levels....
ah. I see. So I guess it really does open up after Trench Town. I guess I got quite a ways and level 20 at only 5 zones, well 4, since I’m just going to Trench Town this weekend hopefully. So I guess just be patient. I guess I’m doing it right. I’m having a blast regardless. It’s like a mix of Gears, of course, but sometimes I just go guns ablazing like Borderlands since I was so juiced and rarely died while I stayed in daylight shorting away as if I were invincible which I got eventually.

I’d still like to know how many hours I’ve been playing till now and stats of some kind.
Old 05-04-21, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan
I'm definitely getting close to the end of the campaign; still enjoying it quite a bit. I have 5 Legendary weapons now; just need a pistol to round out my 3 equipped. I got stuck last night on a side quest for a Wanderer. The fight was overwhelming me with waves of mobs in a small space.

yea...we know that mission and it and some others are a Horde of Sorts and can get overwhelming with the Elite Beasts in the mix......we're at the point...Challenge Tier 7...that almost all the Legendaries we obtained during the campaign have been broken down....it's all about finding weapons and gear with the three stats and at least one mod that fits.....

I'm running Technomancer this time around...my main is a Pryromancer Skill Base.....and I seemed not putting out enough weapon damage; skills were no problem.So I decided to look up builds and see what I was missing. I found two that basically followed the same path and attributes on Gear....Granted they were both at Level 50 but each basiclly had all Purples on their Armor and 1-2 Legendary Weapons....it's all about getting and breaking down the Tier 3 Mods...every armor piece had the same three stats; Weapon Damage, Long Range, Close Range...no anomally, no health, no skill leech, no cooldowns...All Weapon....and same for his guns with a few exceptions. And all the Mods were weapon damage and survival...at CT 10-15 he was just melting any and everything in seconds. So I re-did my build in Skill Tree and started looking for Weapon and Survival Mods along with Mods that focused on Toxin while breaking anything with Anomally Power and Health Stats down....Weapons was anything with Crit and Armor Peircing and Long and Close Range. Ditched The Sniper and went full Assualt Base (Assualt Rifle for Long and LMG for Short) and I upped my Weapon Power by 10K...I noticed a differnce in the first CT Runs right away especially with The Toxin Rounds....the Skills still did their job but they are their to boost Weapon Damage for All Players and I keep them up 100% of the time...

I'd like to find a build or site that applies the same reasoning and plan to Skill Anomally Power using Mods, atributes and stats to get the most out of that. For now, the Weapon base is tilting in the right direction and working...only downsides are no Sniper to contend with Snipers in the distance and low Skill and Weapon leech to regain health
Old 05-06-21, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

...A friend of ours who got hit by the Inventory Wipe Bug and lost two characters at the time...both aroun low level 20's...just sent us a message and said he got them both back......hats off to People Can Fly for staying with it and working to get players back their characters and all...
Old 04-21-22, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Expansion coming that's been in the works for awhile....hopefully breath a much needed new life into it with loads of new items, armor, Legendary Items, new quests, new enemies,,,,,I always had fun in this. Coming in June....

Old 02-16-23, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was looking over several Game News Sites just for latest game news and over at PushSquare they had this story up that was a followup and revisit of Outriders. Not a bad write up.... Outriders Review (PS5) | Push Square

The World Slayer Expansion released 7 months ago and actually got some good reviews....however the cost of it was a negative. This video review of it along with game itself is pretty good and spot on. I still like the game and would not mind going back in...especially if World Slayer price goes down....

Old 09-25-23, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Going thru YouTube Videos on current stuff like Cyberpunk's New DLC, I saw this and decided to just check out even though 6 months old....could never understand why this game got bashed, ripped like it did...the combat, skills, maps, enemies still look good and play is challenging.....

Old 09-26-23, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Game is way too bullet-spongy for my taste.
Old 09-28-23, 06:24 PM

I was so into this game. Got pretty far along. Really like it, but got distracted and haven’t gone back. But, I loved this style and game.