Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Old 04-19-21, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
way to go! Roughly how many hours for story campaign?
I just checked my profile on PS5, which says I have 58 hours played on Outriders. Outrageous, yet entirely possible.

Does anyone know if you ever get the ability to mod both slots on equipment, or if items with more than two slots become available?
Old 04-19-21, 06:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts

Wow, the mod slot can only be filled in the A button? The X button press is there, but greyed out. Is there a way to check number of hours on Xbox?
Old 04-19-21, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
I just checked my profile on PS5, which says I have 58 hours played on Outriders. Outrageous, yet entirely possible.

Does anyone know if you ever get the ability to mod both slots on equipment, or if items with more than two slots become available?

Yep...but the Tier 1 Mods...like all the ones from Blue you break down goes into the Top Slot....and Bottom Slot is for all the Purple Ones...Tier 2...you break down. However if you break down a Legendary, the Top Slot is Tier 2 and Bottom Slot is Tier 3.....but, you can only Mod One Slot, not both so choose wisely.....
Old 04-19-21, 07:37 PM

When do you get purples? I’ve only gotten green or blue. Where do those rank?
Old 04-20-21, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When do you get purples? Iíve only gotten green or blue. Where do those rank?

We started to see them around and close to...Trench Town...the vendors even sell them....we didn't see a lot but we were at Tier 5 I think....from there thru Wreckage Zone, Quarry and forrest it picked up a lot getting them

We all hit Level 30 last night and right at the end area....we bumped to Tier 9 and with three it was brutal and swams of enemies everywhere. We're plenty of Purple Items but between the three of us, not a single legendary which we thought at least one of us might get one....finish the Story and then off to Expeditions and hopefully some Legenday stuff.....
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (04-20-21)
Old 04-20-21, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You are guaranteed a yellow weapon and armor from completing all of the bounty and hunt quests, respectively.
Old 04-20-21, 07:22 PM

When do you get those quests? I don’t think I’m at trench town. Just after killing big spider in the volcano. I guess early on still? Half way? Haven’t done a whole lot of missions and not many side missions as of yet, but maybe that’s it.

Is there a way to see how long played on Xbox?
Old 04-20-21, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think you get them at Trench Town. Thatís where the quest givers are at anyway
Old 04-20-21, 08:17 PM

How far away am I? Do you know? I think I did First City, then Eagles Peak, volcano and just after. I think I cleared out a mess of baddies with rockets launching all around me.
Old 04-21-21, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How far away am I? Do you know? I think I did First City, then Eagles Peak, volcano and just after. I think I cleared out a mess of baddies with rockets launching all around me.
Look at the Outriders Interactive map link I oput in to a response to you a few days ago.....Trench Town has a lot in there but you will need to talk the the main Guy before it all opens up...there's a "Lucy and Greybeard" quest....but you also get a Saloon where you get and turn in Bounties and Hunts...

We had a rough night last night but it was all technical and glitches that held us back....We should've done the ending and at least two Expeditions...but once again we got issues abound that left us ticked off and mad...
When we all die, one in our group never comes back whole and gets a endless loading screen. So he had to bail and try to get back in which after re-booting his PS4 and countless times restarting game finally did 20 minutes later....this has happened to him every time when we all die.
Then he wanted to do the final with a new character, we did, then tried to skip the Credits...glitched and we couldn't so instead of risking losing loot we had to watch that for 10+ minutes....
...and then when we did get in the glitch carried over to Chana trying to leave to Trench Town and the Host got a Blue Screen...then he couldn't get back in after re-booting PS4 and Game several times...and didn't get to a single Expedition...

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-21-21 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-21-21, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still dumbfounded by how bad matchmaking is, especially at the end game.

I went ahead and created a new character as the Devastator. I like it but itís a close range class like the Trickster, so I feel like the play styles may end up being too similar. Iím still really early in so weíll see.
Old 04-22-21, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Still dumbfounded by how bad matchmaking is, especially at the end game.

I went ahead and created a new character as the Devastator. I like it but itís a close range class like the Trickster, so I feel like the play styles may end up being too similar. Iím still really early in so weíll see.

Funny...but opposite of our friend who had a Devestor he did a speed level after losing two characters to the Inventory Wipe....got it to 30, ran the last two phases with us and last night we were allgoing to do Expeditions...only to tell me and other friend he was putting the Devestator on the shelf and was speed running a Trickster which was one character he lost (at Level 23)....

Two us ran several last night but at Tier 6 it became tough and failed one then had to call it....we were really looking forward to running these as a group (3) but now; might have to open or see if we can find one to help till other gets up.....getting a boatload of Loot, just not usable except for mods and resources. We're using Level 35-36 Gear but at Challenge Tier 5 it's coming in at Level 34....we want better gear but that means bumping up to Challenge Tier 6-8...we did probably 4-5 last night and did the last two areas at World Tier 8...and between the three of us not one Legendary Drop....
Old 04-22-21, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Running solo with the Pyromancer I finally opened Tier 6. I think my character level is 14? I donít even imagine Iíll tempt it at that tier playing solo. Five was hard enough. I think I might just bump down to 4 and dismantle and sell a lot of my loot and working on upping my character level through the rest of the campaign. Maybe I would become to overpowered at some point late game if Iím running tier 4 with a character in the 20s?
Old 04-23-21, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Running solo with the Pyromancer I finally opened Tier 6. I think my character level is 14? I don’t even imagine I’ll tempt it at that tier playing solo. Five was hard enough. I think I might just bump down to 4 and dismantle and sell a lot of my loot and working on upping my character level through the rest of the campaign. Maybe I would become to overpowered at some point late game if I’m running tier 4 with a character in the 20s?

My Pyro is maxed and around The Tempest path...built around Heatwave, Overheat and Eruption...I put points into getting the cooldown lowered and for the most point i can do a skill about every 5 seconds...Eruption is the main damage dealer with three mods supporting it including able to do two back-to-back....Overheat is probably the best skill out there; it marks and damges anything in a large area. i just put a mod on for it that consumes Ash instead of Burn so the nodes I have that increases damage on anything with Burn by 20% kicks in....but I'm changing Heatwave to FASER Beam....the damage output with Burn is almost three times the amount.....I'm sitting around 22K Anomally Power and with everything included when I look at FASER in my Skill tree it shows around 19K Damage and cooldown at 15 seconds...Eruption is close behind at 15K but cooldown is 22 seconds but I use it for Heavys and Elites..

.....the problem I have is I'm more a Glass Cannon....Toxin, Freeze and Fire just zaps me....I'm think about trying the Fire Storm Path...as it's focus is Burn and Damage but you get a bit more substain, Armor and Health...you ditch Eruption for Heatwave but you keep FASER and Overheat which again the The Go-To....we're running Tier 6 Challenge and for me it's been tough to stay alive...the one key node that has helped is Phoenix Force which revives you one time but cooldown is 180 seconds....

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-23-21 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-24-21, 05:57 PM

Well, I’ll tell ya. Some parts I can beat at level 17, WT6, some parts have to drop a tier or 2. Never below 4 and most often 5. It’s like medium difficulty where I die a lot, but figure out how to get by eventually. Sure my WT bar suffers, but I still make it passed and get the best loot I can. Still waiting for something other then green or blue.
Old 04-26-21, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm level 25 with an upgraded Legendary gun and I still have to play on WT6. Going to 7 makes my bullets do like 5 damage each. Are the higher WT just for multiplayer?
Old 04-26-21, 05:58 PM

So if you’re not playing at the highest WT, will you still get XP towards next WT?
Old 04-26-21, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So if youíre not playing at the highest WT, will you still get XP towards next WT?
Iím pretty sure the only thing youíre leveling is your character if you play on a WT you already maxed. I opened WT 6 but play on 4-5 and the numbers for 6 havenít changed.
Old 04-26-21, 07:39 PM

That’s what I was afraid of. So I guess the higher you level your character, then you can fight on the higher tiers?
Old 04-26-21, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
I'm level 25 with an upgraded Legendary gun and I still have to play on WT6. Going to 7 makes my bullets do like 5 damage each. Are the higher WT just for multiplayer?
Why do you "Have to Play" at WT6?....you can always stay at current level or go back as far as you want...and trust me; some places you will need to go backwards....at say WT6, the enemy and loot level is +3 above your current level.....so for your weapons and gear to have a efect they need to as close to Level 28 in your case, especially Weapons. If you have one that's even two levels under enemies it's going to make a difference. A lot out there say it really doesn't matter unless you are set on getting Higher Ranked Gear which heading down the home stretch does make sense; it helps you get a jump on World Tier but then you risk getting Gear that's "Below" your current stuff level.

We finished the campaign at WT8, started Challenge Tiers and even at CT3 the gear was under what we had....CT 5 it started getting serious and CT6 even more so...and we see a lot of loot drop but we're not swimming in Purples....in fact, we went back and re-did some Bounties and Hunts with our Mains (Level 38) on World Tier 10 and found quite a bit of Purples Drop....for I say about 70% of the game we played on WT4-5, then the last 1/3 it was WT 6-7...
Old 04-26-21, 08:18 PM

So, is farming for XP considered cheating?
Old 04-27-21, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, is farming for XP considered cheating?

nope...nor is farming for Gear...both can be done anytime solo or group. Just depends on individual. me and my coop Friend have our main at level 37/38, did camapign straight thru doing all the side quests as intended and seeing the story thru. Our other friend lost two characters thru the Inventory Wipe (both level 21-23)...and basically just doing whatever to get back up and get gear running solo, running with randoma, running with some higher friends, farming some areas over and over to get better loot and replinish what he lost. He said there's a lot "Backward" he nees to go back and do....

your XP is tied to damage you deal along with enemy level and "Host Level"....if you're say 2-3 levels below the enemy, you're not dealing enough damage as say same or 1 level below. As I remember correctly, when they talked about the damage, they mentioned they wanted players to work together using their powers and abilities because combo damage gave better & higher number hence more XP for all...so is one is solo, say you use trickster's Bubble Shield and then use Shotgun and Temporal Blade...there's 2-3 combos so you'll see higher numbers...we saw some insane numbers last night where in some case we all had some ability on some Elites and mobs...it's sorta like seeing those...Monster Kills....in doom or something...
Old 04-27-21, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Why do you "Have to Play" at WT6?....you can always stay at current level or go back as far as you want...and trust me; some places you will need to go backwards....at say WT6, the enemy and loot level is +3 above your current level.....so for your weapons and gear to have a efect they need to as close to Level 28 in your case, especially Weapons. If you have one that's even two levels under enemies it's going to make a difference. A lot out there say it really doesn't matter unless you are set on getting Higher Ranked Gear which heading down the home stretch does make sense; it helps you get a jump on World Tier but then you risk getting Gear that's "Below" your current stuff level.

We finished the campaign at WT8, started Challenge Tiers and even at CT3 the gear was under what we had....CT 5 it started getting serious and CT6 even more so...and we see a lot of loot drop but we're not swimming in Purples....in fact, we went back and re-did some Bounties and Hunts with our Mains (Level 38) on World Tier 10 and found quite a bit of Purples Drop....for I say about 70% of the game we played on WT4-5, then the last 1/3 it was WT 6-7...
I guess I misunderstood how they work then. I thought the idea was to constantly increase as you level up. It's just your level +X, regardless of what level you are? I haven't had to drop myself below 6 at all yet.

I think I'm close to the end of the story. At The Gate mission.
Old 04-27-21, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
nope...nor is farming for Gear...both can be done anytime solo or group. Just depends on individual. me and my coop Friend have our main at level 37/38, did camapign straight thru doing all the side quests as intended and seeing the story thru. Our other friend lost two characters thru the Inventory Wipe (both level 21-23)...and basically just doing whatever to get back up and get gear running solo, running with randoma, running with some higher friends, farming some areas over and over to get better loot and replinish what he lost. He said there's a lot "Backward" he nees to go back and do....

your XP is tied to damage you deal along with enemy level and "Host Level"....if you're say 2-3 levels below the enemy, you're not dealing enough damage as say same or 1 level below. As I remember correctly, when they talked about the damage, they mentioned they wanted players to work together using their powers and abilities because combo damage gave better & higher number hence more XP for all...so is one is solo, say you use trickster's Bubble Shield and then use Shotgun and Temporal Blade...there's 2-3 combos so you'll see higher numbers...we saw some insane numbers last night where in some case we all had some ability on some Elites and mobs...it's sorta like seeing those...Monster Kills....in doom or something...
so if I play an earlier mission, will the enemies be scaled to my character level or remain how they were when I first encountered? And thanks as always K&A.
Old 04-30-21, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

so if I play an earlier mission, will the enemies be scaled to my character level or remain how they were when I first encountered? And thanks as always K&A.

Enemies are scaled to The Hosts' Level no matter where you are along with their World Tier...

We finished the campaign on our 2nd character last night...friend had Devestator and me the Technomancer...by far this was easier this time around....our first was His Technomancer and my Pyromancer....because we had a better understanding on how the Mods, Stats, Skill Tree Nodes all worked together especially Defensive Mods and also having one 1-2 that helped teamates.......we finished doing Wortld Tier 9 including last Boss, jumped into Challenge Tier 3, got the Gold on it and now set up for Challenge Tier 5 tonight.....

We're still seeing some issues with performance that sadly has interuped gameplay and left us with frustration....I've gotten the 'Connection Lost To Host' several times over the past week; never got them in the first two weeks at all, just that dreaded "Connection To Server Lost"....the sign is is just painful, sometimes first try, sometimes 10-12, reboot PS4 and then get in 1st or 2nd.....but last night we got a new one, me and our other friend.....joind friend at First City and I fll thru the Map....it looked like the cover of a Pink Floyd Album with landscapes scattered and stuff in mid-air yet I was in his group. He tried to transport and then I got Blue Screen......other friend tried to join when he got on and ended up in a location that looked like desert and rocks but unfinished....and he got booted...

UPDATE...looks like a Patch and Fix coming today..... Outriders Update Today April 30 - Maintenance Time, Patch Notes (dualshockers.com)

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-30-21 at 06:20 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.