Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Old 04-16-21, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Itís been maybe a minute on Xbox. Just played now in fact. Iíll tell ya itís hard as fuck on the higher tiers. I can go to 6, but 4-5 I can manage. And Iím just loving everything about it. But, tell me, if Iím level 13, why can I use 16 gear?
Think it's based on your world tier. At higher tiers, you can equip items that are a certain number of levels above your actual level. See if you can equip it on a higher world tier.
The following 2 users liked this post by lopper:
K&AJones (04-17-21), OldBoy (04-16-21)
Old 04-16-21, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

The loads are now ass. I also got completely disconnected from the host and had to close the game and relaunch it to join him again. The recent patch has made it worse.
Old 04-16-21, 09:54 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts

^ was that PS5 as well? Maybe it’s just PS thing, but on Xbox there was maybe only one day I couldn’t get in. Now it takes a minute or so like I said and then I’m in and never have gotten kicked out. Makes the game more enjoyable that way, without bugs like that.
Old 04-16-21, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,432 Likes on 897 Posts

Doing a little research, it does seem to be primarily a PS4 And PS5 thing. Maybe related to putting the console to sleep with the game running.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/...verything-know
Old 04-16-21, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never put my console to sleep. I power it completely off after every gaming or media session.
Old 04-17-21, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
On PS5, I get that ell the time. End up closing the game completely and restarting, and after a couple tries it lets me in.

Yep...all of have experienced this....sometimes I connect and others i don't...I give it 20 or so seconds.....and if not, close game, reload again.....when that wheel sort of hesitates like twice I'm in like 10-15 seconds...sometimes in first time, sometimes takes 3-4 tries....

I'm running aa Prymancer as my main now...was until one in our group wanted to switch to Pyro which he was running to catch up and then got hit by the Inventory Wipe losing his Pyro and Trickster...so he had to start a new character...Devestator...and caught back up just flying thru at Tier 1....so I wwent back to Pyromancer...

I didn't feel like it was working as we got into The Quarry..felt off trying to cover all Paths so I did some looking and found a site that to me really expalins the characters, shows the skills and list of mods that benefits them and puts out a couple of Builds with Skill Tree from early to mid to end explaing how the Nodes, Skills and Mods all work together.....I was trying more Weapon with Anomaly and Some Survival but wasn't clicking...this guide really helped me out...going with Caster Build using the Pryo Strength; Fire & Burn...and able to keep something up almost every 7-8 seconds.....pretty good guide and I learned alot I didn't know. Sort of how guides with Diablo and Warframe work, don't make sense as one part here and there but when put together they help proc each other.... Outriders Guides and News - VULKK.com
Old 04-17-21, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hit a late game (?) boss last night/today that I just couldnít get through. Some teleporting goblin that covers a lot of ground quickly, has very strong mele attacks and also drops lightning on you while trying to fight waves of mobs.

Started the fight at world tier 9, dropped to 7, then 4, then to 1. Even then it was a hassle.

And also it was an encounter where all your crew members are not available prior, so there was no opportunity to change mods. They really should have a system to change mods in the field.

Last edited by lopper; 04-17-21 at 11:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (04-18-21)
Old 04-17-21, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,432 Likes on 897 Posts

If you break down a blue item with a mod you like, do you always keep that mod?
Old 04-17-21, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
If you break down a blue item with a mod you like, do you always keep that mod?
Yea it stays in your inventory and you can slot it into other gear anytime.
Decker (04-17-21)
Old 04-17-21, 07:09 PM

I’ve never had more fun dying so often in a video game in my life. It’s like you’re almost there/finished an area, killed the mini-boss only to accidentally step on some fire and forget to roll or some goon you didn’t notice in HUD takes you out since you had very little life even regenning a little after mini boss fight and poof vaporized.

I got to find more health regen gear or mod something to get more and I refuse to drop any lower than 1 tier of the max I can, maybe 2 if too much of a bitch. Still WT 6, but now lvl 14. Nothing really changed. I crafted some mods with Zaheedi that seemed more effective especially in this auto sniper rifle. I mean I do see improvement.

How do you know how far along in game you are? How long supposed to take to beat? I think I just got to Five Peaks, right after Salvation mission, I believe, but went back to First City to do some side missions bc I figured why not. I want this game to last as long as possible and I want to be as strong as possible and highest tier as possible when I do MQ.
Old 04-17-21, 08:54 PM

This game makes be want to be a better player and I wish I knew how to quit it.
Old 04-18-21, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
I’ve never had more fun dying so often in a video game in my life. It’s like you’re almost there/finished an area, killed the mini-boss only to accidentally step on some fire and forget to roll or some goon you didn’t notice in HUD takes you out since you had very little life even regenning a little after mini boss fight and poof vaporized.

I got to find more health regen gear or mod something to get more and I refuse to drop any lower than 1 tier of the max I can, maybe 2 if too much of a bitch. Still WT 6, but now lvl 14. Nothing really changed. I crafted some mods with Zaheedi that seemed more effective especially in this auto sniper rifle. I mean I do see improvement.

How do you know how far along in game you are? How long supposed to take to beat? I think I just got to Five Peaks, right after Salvation mission, I believe, but went back to First City to do some side missions bc I figured why not. I want this game to last as long as possible and I want to be as strong as possible and highest tier as possible when I do MQ.
I got to find more health regen gear or mod something to get more.... Depends on build but you can do both....Weapon and Skill Leech will help alot.....going for Weapon Damage then look for Weapon Leech in Guns and Buffs in Tree and Attributes like "% of Extra Weapon Leech"....since I'm running a Caster Anomally Power Build (Pyromancer) with High Damage and Short Cooldowns, I look for Skill Leech in Armor

How do you know how far along in game you are?.... I found this ...Interactive map....that is really good showing each Zone and everything in it. If you prefer not to and explore but basically there are 18 Zones but the last is Outriders Camp, all the others are normaland with things to do like Hunt, Bounties, Main....when you look at all the Zones and how much there is to do, to me it seems they really put together a nice solid campaign for Solo to Co-op. ...from The Wreckage Zone, The Quarry and Forrest, there is a lot to do and packed full of stuff.... Outriders Interactive Map | Map Genie

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-18-21 at 08:03 AM.
OldBoy (04-18-21)
Old 04-18-21, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finished up the campaign this morning - Lvl 30 WT 10. I tried out one of the expeditions, the end game runs, and it was tough. Barely got through the first phase of an counter. I'll drop the difficulty and try again later.
The following 2 users liked this post by lopper:
K&AJones (04-18-21), OldBoy (04-19-21)
Old 04-18-21, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This nay be a stupid question but what does weapon and skill leech actually do? I think I get life leech...stealing enemy health? Does skill leech speed up cool down for your skills? Have no idea on weapon leech.
Old 04-18-21, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
This nay be a stupid question but what does weapon and skill leech actually do? I think I get life leech...stealing enemy health? Does skill leech speed up cool down for your skills? Have no idea on weapon leech.

Weapon Leech is gaining Health thru Weapon Damage based on percentage of damage....Skill Leech is gaining Health thru Skill Damage based on percentage of damage...so say you're running a Weapon Base Damaged Character and you've put points in Skill Tree, Mods and aimed for Firepower...you're going to get more Weapon Leech off all that extra weapon damage output; same with Skill Leech
Old 04-18-21, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Weapon Leech is gaining Health thru Weapon Damage based on percentage of damage....Skill Leech is gaining Health thru Skill Damage based on percentage of damage...so say you're running a Weapon Base Damaged Character and you've put points in Skill Tree, Mods and aimed for Firepower...you're going to get more Weapon Leech off all that extra weapon damage output; same with Skill Leech
Ahh, ok, so all of it does pertain to gaining health. Thanks for the clarification! Iím running solo with a pyromancer and still trying to decide if I want to focus on building weapon damage or skill damage. I keep changing my mind and so my stats are about even in both categories. I opened tier 5 but was getting my tail handed to me so dropped back to 4 and seem to be handling it ok. Iím wondering if I should level up a few more times and then bump up the difficulty on some early side missions I already did to see if I can get some better loot
K&AJones (04-19-21)
Old 04-18-21, 04:22 PM

Well, I find exactly know how far along I am, but got inside this volcano snd have to fight this mother of a spider. There is no ammo regen stations. Wtf? do you do? I gave him all I got and didn’t even get him half way gone...
Old 04-18-21, 04:53 PM

Nm. He wasn’t do bad. Only goes twice, but seeing as how I was barely denying him, I figured no shot. I worked it out. Only dropped to tier 4.
K&AJones (04-19-21)
Old 04-19-21, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Ahh, ok, so all of it does pertain to gaining health. Thanks for the clarification! I’m running solo with a pyromancer and still trying to decide if I want to focus on building weapon damage or skill damage. I keep changing my mind and so my stats are about even in both categories. I opened tier 5 but was getting my tail handed to me so dropped back to 4 and seem to be handling it ok. I’m wondering if I should level up a few more times and then bump up the difficulty on some early side missions I already did to see if I can get some better loot

I salute uyou for even doing Tier 4-5 solo...but when you have an additional person in the mix, it's double the enemies, triple for three...I'm running Pryro with the focus on Tempest which I toped out last night mainly for support and damage in the 2-3 person group. I've got low cool downs with close to 12.5K Anomaly Power so I'm slowing, burning and gaining a lot of Skill Leech but it fits the group. I did the early version of this that gave me some good weapon damage while starting to use certain Skills for this since they're in that path...check this site as it really has helped me and focus more in one area instead of trying to do 2-3 all over the Skill Tree.... Outriders Pyromancer Guide and Builds (Updated for 1.02) - VULKK.com

I hit lat level 27 (like 27.75) while friend hit 28....we're in The Canyon and heading down home stretch..other friend hit 30 mainly running solo at Tier 1-3 just to finish, hit 30 and then join us....we raised the Tier from 6 to 8 and with three people it was insane on the amount of enemies with elites in the mix but so far so good....the only thing we're having to handle is the fast pace you have to swap gear since we're seeing Level 31-32....you're having to change a lot; weapons are easy but Armor needs certain mods for what you're aiming for and we're having to upgrade and/or swap a lot....everything is night & day from the early days of the game...we can remember when we got out first gun with 1K damage or first Blue...now it's 8K damage, deciding on which Blue or Purple and breaking down stuff you dreamed of not long ago...been a real fun ride...

Last edited by K&AJones; 04-19-21 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-19-21, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Suddenly I am unable to damage elites hardly at all, and snipers are just insane. Their accuracy plus knock back needs to be dialed down.

Looks like I need to respec.
Old 04-19-21, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still think there is a balance problem from enemy types in particular world tiers. I can understand that elites and monster bosses being 200% or so tougher than the smaller enemies, but at times it feels that the tougher enemies take 400% or more damage than the lessers in the level. For instance, we made our way to a monster boss fairly easily, but we were only able to get the actual boss down to anywhere close to killing him one out of five or so attempts. And that was using a strategy to elude him while drawing his attention while I took shot after shot with my skill upgraded bullets. It was nonsense.
Old 04-19-21, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree that some of the balancing is off on enemies. Snipers are too quick, and too damaging. The knock back is too extreme as well. Playing solo, anytime I get to an area and see more then one red laser swaying around I think to myself ďthis is going to be fun!Ē.
Old 04-19-21, 05:32 PM

Can you see how much more XP you need for new world tier? My tier bar is full, I think, gone up 2 character levels, but still wt 6 and full bar...
Old 04-19-21, 05:42 PM

And btw thanks K&A! For all the help, not just for me. Did you know about all this stuff from simply playing? Bc your depth of knowledge of this game is most impressive.
Old 04-19-21, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Finished up the campaign this morning - Lvl 30 WT 10. I tried out one of the expeditions, the end game runs, and it was tough. Barely got through the first phase of an counter. I'll drop the difficulty and try again later.
way to go! Roughly how many hours for story campaign?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.