Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Old 04-10-21, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Still is a pain to have to close out the game 1-2 times for each time that you are able to log in. The game is still quite fun.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (04-11-21)
Old 04-10-21, 08:57 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Wut?
wut is so hard to understand? the gear system is exactly like Odyssey. maybe play it before you criticize a comment of mine.
Old 04-10-21, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,432 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
wut is so hard to understand? the gear system is exactly like Odyssey. maybe play it before you criticize a comment of mine.
I am currently playing it with gator Shea online. There is literally nothing in the game that remotely reminds me in any way of AC Odyssey, a game I have also played.
Old 04-10-21, 10:37 AM

The gear, armor system is exactly the same.
Old 04-10-21, 11:12 AM

Is there any way to pause game without getting fired upon or beat up?
Old 04-10-21, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

No, it's an always online active game, You would have to completely back out of the lobby (and lose any unsaved progress) or complete the section you are in to "pause" it.

Last edited by Music; 04-10-21 at 01:02 PM.
OldBoy (04-10-21)
Old 04-10-21, 12:36 PM

I fucking love this game!
Old 04-10-21, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Music View Post
No, it's an always online active game, You would have to completely back out of the lobby or complete the section you are in to "pause" it.
figured. Thx Music.
Old 04-11-21, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

The gear, armor system is exactly the same.

Actually...if one wants to try and find a game with "Close comparrisons" of the Weapons and Armor System, it probably relates to Diablo III for more than Valhalla.....both have the typical Color Code System; white, green, purple, legendary......both see stats extra buffs increase within those colors......both have a vast amount of items of Weapons and Armor from trash to great......both have items that are character specific and some not that can be used by other characters.......both have items with character specific skills for buffs.....both have "Armor Sets" that give special bonuses.....both use resources to enhance and level up gear......both are tied to a Loot System that higher the difficulty, the better the chance for better gear......
Old 04-11-21, 12:30 PM

Is it better to get killed a bunch of times and not have World Tier build up only individual XP or should I go down a tier? Iíve been getting my ass kicked, lvl 13, tier 6, at this one part, I know I still get the xp, but tier obviously loses. I donít want to go down tiers bc I want the best pickups and stuff, so Iím not sure what best option is. I mean I always die, a lot in games, but I know this affects world tier. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.
Old 04-11-21, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it better to get killed a bunch of times and not have World Tier build up only individual XP or should I go down a tier? Iíve been getting my ass kicked, lvl 13, tier 6, at this one part, I know I still get the xp, but tier obviously loses. I donít want to go down tiers bc I want the best pickups and stuff, so Iím not sure what best option is. I mean I always die, a lot in games, but I know this affects world tier. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

Drop the World Tier and focus on getting thru....not unless you just got to have gear Level 2-4 times above you....that's really the main advantage as say if you're doing World Tier 6 and at Level 13, you can put on gear Level 16 but you're going to face tougher foes and at that Level you really haven't unlocked some good parts on the Skill Tree to help out. Early on, Firepower Is King along with Survival...So points into Armor, some Health, Resistance is good but Weapon Damage Buffs which each class has is vital. Abilities are there to slow, hinder, reduce armor with Firepower the key. All this World Tier goes out the Window when you reach Level 30...you can also open it up for others or join others to help gain XP to Level Up and then return to your game....but there are some tough areas for solo I can tell you that for sure.....two of us are playing and locked it at Tier 5 for some challenge, some gear a few levels ahead and it's been interesting especially with the 'Wildlife".....
OldBoy (04-11-21)
Old 04-11-21, 02:30 PM

I don’t get any higher level gear. How do you get that? The only time I got higher level gear was bc I bought the game and got like 11 level 10 guns. Other than that, nothing higher really. I’m level 13 and mostly 10 and 13. I have one level 15 armor, but that’s it. Should I be traveling back to store and selling and buying higher level gear? Does that one store, wherever, carry higher level gear or do you just get those from drops? Thanks again K&A. You sure know a lot about this game...
Old 04-11-21, 05:39 PM

Wow! I had no idea that if you travel to another area to buy stuff or do another mission that the current mission you were on respawns as if never happened. That blows. I finally managed to beat that tough area keeping tier 6 and thought I claimed travel location, bc how else could I go back to store to buy stuff? Well, I couldn’t travel to that area again for some reason and travelled to the previous point where I had so much trouble on tier 6. Now, I will have to lower tier as I can’t go through that again. I thought I could just travel back again. Nope.
Old 04-12-21, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
I am currently playing it with gator Shea online. There is literally nothing in the game that remotely reminds me in any way of AC Odyssey, a game I have also played.

Hey...I saw your invite yesterday but I was in with someone else already and we were in one of those "Hunts" and running for our lives....I thought you playing this on Xbox?.....maybe another time then...the friend I play with has to call it like 7 Eastern and after that I can jump in and play.....

As it stands now, my Devestator is 11, my Trickstar and Pyromancer are 17 and are at Trench Town and my Technomancer hit 20 before we called it.....the Technomancer with Devestator combo seems to be working really good for the two of us. He puts up Bullet Shield and moves forward and I'll stand in the back sniping enemies getting their armor and health down he just wrecks them. I put Toxin on Sniper but use Freeze a lot which he does his Earthquak, Impale and Gravity Leap and it's basically 'Freeze & Smash'...

One thing we've learned is...Weapon Leech is important and almost beoming a neccessity to have one gun with it to stay alive in certain areas...mainly like Wildlife Bosses but other areas as well.....I make sure at least one gun has it. We did Trench Town and Quarry yesterday and did all the sides, Bounties and Hunts and only once died and restarted the mission....that included one certain...Altered battle....

Several things we talked about as we've progressed to where we are; the game really is taking shape and seems to get better looking and more details come out. Trench Town and The Quarry areas are a far cry from Rift Town in so many ways. Even the Armor you're wearing seems to look better.....we've started seeing Purples Drop, not alot since we locked in World Tier 5 as our sweet spot. Something else we noticed, seeing Blues with Three Attributes instead of Two which seems to be making a good difference and also thinking and giving you more options as to what you want out of your character than before....seems People Can Fly so far has really done a good job on the Progression and Leveling aspect and it fits in with enemies as you go...and we're seeing some strong and unusal ones at that.
The following 2 users liked this post by K&AJones:
Decker (04-13-21), dsa_shea (04-12-21)
Old 04-12-21, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It would be cool if you did some sessions with Decker and I. Also, we both party chat, so communication will not be a problem.
K&AJones (04-13-21)
Old 04-13-21, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We had more good runs last night...In The Forrest right now and it seems like this is more like The Amazon Jungle; just endless with one after another Big Game Hunts....again, People Can fly really has seemed to really change stuff up...first a tatered warzone Rift Town, then some slums and greenery with First City, then snow capped area of Eagles Peak with some Lava thrown in....Trench Town and area that's a upgraded version of Rift Town...large Quarry Area of Mining and Rock.....and now a lush of Forrest, Plants and Wildlife in The Forrest....

We hit 21.5...and now have all Purple Items in our loadouts....we have like 5 things to turn in from Hunts and Bounties but we're not hurting and holding on to we might need them.....my friend just couldn't resist buying a Gun that fit what he was looking for...thin Level 24 Purple at 17K...I told him nopt so fast...well he picked up a Purple that's close to it already. I'm not looking or buying anything till after Level 25. I'll just swap Mods on Weapons...armor right now hasn't been an issue. The Purple stuff is giving us a lot extra Armor versus blue...

My Technomancer seem to be settling in and working a lot better overall...I almost have a Hybride with around 1750 Firepower and 1610 Anomally Power that seems to be working especially around...Freeze. Two Skills use it, have extra damage in Skill Tree, current Sniper has it, extra melee bonus on it...I'm able to keep it up a lot of the time which helps my friend's Devestator....the PurpleSniper I have along with the Weapon, Sniper and Freeze Damage in Mods and Tree, a Head Shot is instant kill....
Old 04-14-21, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

My Trickster is up to Level 24 and I just crossed over to World Tier 9. The difficulty spike between 8 and 9 has been huge, much more severe than between any other world tier for some reason. I need to level up my gear badly because I'm just not doing the dps that I need to, but the drops I'm getting from some of these elite enemies are just shit. Very frustrating to clear out a few waves of mobs plus a mini-boss only to get a bunch of greens.
K&AJones (04-14-21)
Old 04-14-21, 07:51 PM

What is highest level anyway? Is there DLC planned?
Old 04-15-21, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What is highest level anyway? Is there DLC planned?

The Maxium Level is 30....however when you hit that you then get "Challenged Tiers" in place of World Tier Rankings. Those come into play after beating the Campaign and you then open up...Expeditions....which is the Endgame Content. Those have (14) Unique Completely New Areas that will have like three phases to clear that are timed...and will be tough. Challenged Tiers work in Expeditions like World Tier in the campaign...you have CT1, CT2, CT3 and so on. They work like World Tier in a way except you get awarded a Bronze, Silver or Gold on your current Challenged Tier performance in locations; go thru fast, not die alot, damage dealt and beat it with time to spare.....and like World Tier, the Higher Challenged Tier (there are 15), the greater the Loot and Stats Chance but tougher enemies...and I've read where some in there are saying CT 3 is like World Tier 7...so it's grind to get and arrange you Gear and Tree to maximize survival and damage....

....and FWIW, there's been talk and rumors already of raising the Level to 40, not much on DLC as they have the end-game stuff already in place and it'll take a while....
OldBoy (04-15-21)
Old 04-15-21, 07:07 PM

^ that sounds awesome. Almost better than the actual game.
Old 04-15-21, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't much care for timed stuff in shooters like this.
Old 04-15-21, 08:50 PM

Oh, timed stuff. No I hate that too. DOOM reboots had it, for reward of course, but any timed side mission. 1 in Rage 2, I think Borderlands 3. I just don’t do them or like them.
Old 04-16-21, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,432 Likes on 897 Posts

OMG I can't believe how hard it is just to launch this game. I am seeing this over and over again

That's all I can get. It's so frustrating and there is no excuse for it.
K&AJones (04-17-21)
Old 04-16-21, 07:03 PM

It’s been maybe a minute on Xbox. Just played now in fact. I’ll tell ya it’s hard as fuck on the higher tiers. I can go to 6, but 4-5 I can manage.

And, again, I’m just loving everything about it. The difficulty, the powers you can use sparingly. Headshots and just blasting. Ducking for cover, a sick auto sniper rifle I have. Just have to aim low bc it shoots high.

But, tell me, if I’m level 13, why can I use 16 gear?
Old 04-16-21, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

On PS5, I get that ell the time. End up closing the game completely and restarting, and after a couple tries it lets me in.
K&AJones (04-17-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.