Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

Old 03-15-21, 07:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 238 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: Outriders (Square Enix / People Can Fly; 2/2/21)

So Day 1 for XSX? I still might buy it bc they come and go sometimes and this game is a hell of a lot of fun, but still if it sticks around a long ass time, I might cancel preorder.
Old 03-16-21, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

i'm somewhat surprised it's right at launch....then again People Who Fly did do Gears of War 4 and has ties to working with M.S. I just hope this doesn't end up later being another Dev taken in by M.S....I guess M.S is putting all their money on expanding The Game pass in hopes of getting more Xbox Series X buyers thru the Ultimate pass at $15 a month....
Old 03-16-21, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Iím excited about this news. This was going to be the first game I bought in a long time. Game Pass hooks me up again. My trade credit at GameStop is collecting a lot of dust!
Old 03-16-21, 06:23 PM

if this is on GP day 1, will we have access to the preorder bonuses or only if buy??
Pre-order OUTRIDERS now to receive the Hell's Rangers Content Pack, which includes: • The Hell’s Rangers Male and Female Gear Sets. • The Hell’s Rangers Arsenal of 11 unique Guns. • The Hell’s Rangers Truck Mods and Decals.
Old 03-16-21, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 1,377 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
if this is on GP day 1, will we have access to the preorder bonuses or only if buy??
Pre-order OUTRIDERS now to receive the Hell's Rangers Content Pack, which includes: ē The Hellís Rangers Male and Female Gear Sets. ē The Hellís Rangers Arsenal of 11 unique Guns. ē The Hellís Rangers Truck Mods and Decals.
Those are bonuses if you buy the game. Not if you get it from Game Pass for free.

Weird that the game is still available for preorder on Xbox.com with no indication that it will be available at launch on Game Pass. Maybe it's not official yet?
Old 03-16-21, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Those are bonuses if you buy the game. Not if you get it from Game Pass for free.

Weird that the game is still available for preorder on Xbox.com with no indication that it will be available at launch on Game Pass. Maybe it's not official yet?
I swear when I searched before at MS store there was a link saying Outriders will be available day 1 on Game Pass. On my pc, but not phone, but Iím sure there was a link. Decker, sometimes dlc and bonuses such as those have been available for other games before when on Game Pass. I know I got some dlc and maybe bonus items with Gears 5.
Old 03-21-21, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's a good video on more details about the End Game & Expeditions which cranks it up several notches. While the campaign can go anywhere from 30-40 hours depending on how much side stuff, The Expeditions are totally new areas...they do not re-use anything from the campaign and are extensive with greater rewards and far more difficult areas and enemies. A good detail on it and at the end some video of a 3 Player Team doing one so to get an idea....

Old 03-21-21, 06:32 PM

This game is really fun. I love the gameplay. Similar to Gears, certainly, but I think I a little easier controlling. Not an easy game. It takes me a few lives for certain areas. The first Altered boss is a bitch. A bit linear considering the rpg elements. I guess that changes according to above, but why not show that in the beginning?

But super linear. Needs some tinkering in cover aspects and some control issues, but nothing a patch or full game couldn’t fix, though I think this is full build of first level of full game. But, I def like the shooting. Runnin and gunnin and mostly taking cover and shooting. The different caliber enemies. Haven’t gotten any good gear yet, but still level 5 world tier 4 I think. What is tops you can get in demo and then transfer over?

Still having a lot of fun. Just wish I had more time to play.
Old 03-23-21, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This game is really fun. I love the gameplay. Similar to Gears, certainly, but I think I a little easier controlling. Not an easy game. It takes me a few lives for certain areas. The first Altered boss is a bitch. A bit linear considering the rpg elements. I guess that changes according to above, but why not show that in the beginning?

But super linear. Needs some tinkering in cover aspects and some control issues, but nothing a patch or full game couldnít fix, though I think this is full build of first level of full game. But, I def like the shooting. Runnin and gunnin and mostly taking cover and shooting. The different caliber enemies. Havenít gotten any good gear yet, but still level 5 world tier 4 I think. What is tops you can get in demo and then transfer over?

Still having a lot of fun. Just wish I had more time to play.
We re-loaded The World and ran thru a second time...not everything...just some key stuff. Not all crates are available but we got to Level 8 and got some Blue gear. i've seenvideos of people just keep farming over and over the Demo with 22000 currency and buying Purple Items....we said nope, that's a bit getting carried away and just stupid in our view....we want to play the game as intended and get the gear as intended. You can pick up universal gear...meant for any character and in the game able to put that in your stash and use it for another character. Last I saw there's about 77-80 items none character specific with some bonus attached. If you run into issues just try the open MP part...we had someone pop in once out of the blue for a side mission and it was alright....
Old 03-23-21, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
We re-loaded The World and ran thru a second time...not everything...just some key stuff. Not all crates are available but we got to Level 8 and got some Blue gear. i've seenvideos of people just keep farming over and over the Demo with 22000 currency and buying Purple Items....we said nope, that's a bit getting carried away and just stupid in our view....we want to play the game as intended and get the gear as intended. You can pick up universal gear...meant for any character and in the game able to put that in your stash and use it for another character. Last I saw there's about 77-80 items none character specific with some bonus attached. If you run into issues just try the open MP part...we had someone pop in once out of the blue for a side mission and it was alright....
yeah, Iíll just play the demo as intended as the first level in the full game and then continue on. What is the difference between leveling up and this World tier thing?
Old 03-25-21, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yeah, Iíll just play the demo as intended as the first level in the full game and then continue on. What is the difference between leveling up and this World tier thing?

It's kinda of interesting on the World Tier stuff...it's a lot how it is in Diablo with their Difficulty System with "Torrent Levels".....basically you raise World Tier (Torrent Level) that increases enemy levels and difficulty while chance at rewards and loot goes up. You can set it at Auto which the game does or set it manualy and you can leave it or move it or down. When we first did this, we noticed a big difference between Tier 3 and 5 especailly earlly on with so-so gear....BUT...we also started seeing more Greens and Blues drop....
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (03-25-21)
Old 03-26-21, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm disappointed in my future-self for buying this game next week at full price, despite not liking the demo all that much.
Old 03-26-21, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
I'm disappointed in my future-self for buying this game next week at full price, despite not liking the demo all that much.
well, maybe the full game will change your mind. when it opens up more and stuff. you never know. but, i am quite taking with this game and love the duck and cover system and different enemies and the one/first boss i'm currently on. gives me that itch. i don't think i had that with Gears 1-3 which i've played thus far, maybe just 1-2, but it does remind of that plus AC: Odyssey. it's a mashup really, but i hope this linear stuff does open up more. right now it's just been straight path and no deviation allowed whatsoever. so hopefully when i play more this weekend...therefore, even though on GP Day 1, i have no hesitations in buying the full game to own and the little preorder nothings...
Old 03-27-21, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't care for Commentary Type Videos but this one on Two New trailers is pretty good....he slows and stops points and talks about what is seen...worth a go...

Old 03-28-21, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
It's kinda of interesting on the World Tier stuff...it's a lot how it is in Diablo with their Difficulty System with "Torrent Levels".....basically you raise World Tier (Torrent Level) that increases enemy levels and difficulty while chance at rewards and loot goes up. You can set it at Auto which the game does or set it manualy and you can leave it or move it or down. When we first did this, we noticed a big difference between Tier 3 and 5 especailly earlly on with so-so gear....BUT...we also started seeing more Greens and Blues drop....
K&A, indulge me a little more if you wouldn’t mind because I think I’m doing something wrong.

These green and blue drops, who drops them? I’ve seen maybe a couple green things shoot from dead enemy, but I just quickly pick it up and don’t really see what it is bc still so many enemies around. So, the higher the tier, the better the gear you get? But, if so hard how do you get passed that?

I mean, I don’t know exactly where I am. I just did only my second side mission. Not any others yet, I guess. I’m on my way looking for some Sargent or someone deep in enemy territory. I’m level 7, world tier 4, but I get my ass licked on tier 4.

Even when I pass some stages, I don’t get much gear. In fact aside from a little better armor stuff, maybe 1 gun, I haven’t gotten jack. I had to buy one shotgun that I thought was decent. Like +122 whatever that means.

And have gotten only 2 skill points thus far. I pass the early stages on tier 4 after many many many deaths, but bosses I can only do on tier 2, which is easy mode. I’ve tried 3 and get my ass licked as if I’m on 4.

I’m worried about later tiers. I want stuff. I’m having fun killing and using my abilities, but where’s this stuff? Is this bc only demo? Because I did notice one spot that says “this stash available only with full game”.

So, am I doing things normal? Does what I say sound right in progress and lack of anything remotely good or cool?

And, why is everything still so linear?

Last edited by OldBoy; 03-28-21 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-30-21, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

K&A, indulge me a little more if you wouldnít mind because I think Iím doing something wrong.

These green and blue drops, who drops them? Iíve seen maybe a couple green things shoot from dead enemy, but I just quickly pick it up and donít really see what it is bc still so many enemies around. So, the higher the tier, the better the gear you get? But, if so hard how do you get passed that?...enemies and loot boxes...sometimes it's a resource...best to ignore until you clear the area, not going anywhere or vanishing. Yes, the Higher the tear, the Better the Chance but also tougher enemies. We saw that clearly on our 2nd character...enemies more and tougher but we alo started seeing more greens and some blues drop. In the Game there will be 15 Tiers which at anytime you can drop down or move up automatcially or manual.

I mean, I donít know exactly where I am. I just did only my second side mission. Not any others yet, I guess. Iím on my way looking for some Sargent or someone deep in enemy territory. Iím level 7, world tier 4, but I get my ass licked on tier 4....At level 7 I'm surprised you haven't got better gear. I've heard and read for solo play the Trickstar might be the best All-Around which is my main...I personally liked the Devestator; he's The Tank of the bunch. The Devs have stated their goal is almost a 50/50 Split on Abilities and Weapons to use. White gear is basic Armor or health...Green gives maybe a boost in anothe rpart...But need to fins and get a Blue that boost stats on a Good Gun or an Ability that you can use a lot of. That's where to hit that trader. just be mindful your stuff will carry over to the game. At this point not many are on the Demo but eraly on you could've open to all and see if someone drops in to help out.

Even when I pass some stages, I donít get much gear. In fact aside from a little better armor stuff, maybe 1 gun, I havenít gotten jack. I had to buy one shotgun that I thought was decent. Like +122 whatever that means....most was basic for us even level 5 to 7. I think it's mainly in the demo and I've seen others who had nothing else to do but farm and try to get Purples and Legendaries...why no idea but that's not playing the game....we didn't do that. Don't forget that crafting will open up and in cases where you have say a Blue with stats you like nd fits your character, be able to enhance and level that up.

And have gotten only 2 skill points thus far. I pass the early stages on tier 4 after many many many deaths, but bosses I can only do on tier 2, which is easy mode. Iíve tried 3 and get my ass licked as if Iím on 4...yep, we saw the same thing...as said before the tiers will raise it difficulty and right now we're in a demo that's dropping really early on Gear unless you see and buy something that fits and works to your advantage.

Iím worried about later tiers. I want stuff. Iím having fun killing and using my abilities, but whereís this stuff? Is this bc only demo? Because I did notice one spot that says ďthis stash available only with full gameĒ.....yes...and The Stash...well that's where you can store say...Universal Gear...not character specific....and put it on another character. there's like 75 pieces like armor and guns that's not character releated you can use on another character. So sayyou fins this awesome Purple for Armor and health...use it and then put it into the stash for another character to use later.

So, am I doing things normal? Does what I say sound right in progress and lack of anything remotely good or cool?...yea you are...it's going to be tough as you allow it and for solo players though they are making the drop-in coop easy and want to try and push. The Skill tree gives you alot along with gear and Crafting...not going to be a cake walk but what's the fun in easy or God Mode....may have to re-do areas which they stated you might need to do.

And, why is everything still so linear?...People Can Fly did bulletstorm and Gears of War 4...so there's the similarities as to why...I personally like it but I've seen in upcoming areas, you'll do the Story and side quests so thereis more not to mention End Game which are new areas and Stories...
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (03-30-21)
Old 03-30-21, 09:56 AM

thanks K&A!!
Old 03-30-21, 09:08 PM

So how does the carryover work? Do you still have to keep demo prior to starting in the main game? Do I need installed and just keep save data and all be seamless? Iíll just leave off with quest I couldnít finish bc demo ended in the full game on Thursday?
Old 03-31-21, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So how does the carryover work? Do you still have to keep demo prior to starting in the main game? Do I need installed and just keep save data and all be seamless? Iíll just leave off with quest I couldnít finish bc demo ended in the full game on Thursday?
Not sure to be honest....find out here in a day or so...not touching nothing anymore and hopefully when we fire up the game it'll put us right there at the end when talking to whats-his-name in that large hanger about heading out...
Old 03-31-21, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I wonder how achievements will work with this? Will they just automatically pop for the ones you would have already got when you load up the full game the first time?
Old 04-01-21, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
I wonder how achievements will work with this? Will they just automatically pop for the ones you would have already got when you load up the full game the first time?
yup. all achievements popped up in full game and continued from where i left off from demo. nice. deleted demo.
Old 04-01-21, 06:20 PM

Is Devastator the best all-around class? Iím not even sure what class I picked. I know Iím a dude, but donít even remember. Does it show somewhere in menus? Reviews forthcoming and sounds like a mashup of others, Gears especially, but sounds like it mixes it well. Story seemed only thing lacking...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...w-in-progress/
Old 04-02-21, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is Devastator the best all-around class? Iím not even sure what class I picked. I know Iím a dude, but donít even remember. Does it show somewhere in menus? Reviews forthcoming and sounds like a mashup of others, Gears especially, but sounds like it mixes it well. Story seemed only thing lacking...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...w-in-progress/

It's been said for SOLO...The Trickstar and Technomancer might be the best classes to survice and use. The "Bibble Dome" ...Slow Trap...the Trickstar has is a life saver slowing anything including bullets going thru it almost down to a crawl and the Temporal Blade covers a large area doing a lot of damage....BUT...everything around him/her is built for close range including regen of health. The Technomancer has Gadgets...Cyro and Tools of Destruction Turrents, can use a Rocket launcher or Large Mini-Gun, stsatus is poison and Cold and is made for Long Range. The Devestator is The Tank of the bunch...the Skill Tree is loaded with increases to Armor and Health, get a30% Buff to Armor off the bat, primary weapon buff is Shotgun, inflicts a Bleed Status, has two solid Protection Skills for more survival but more around close and in your face combat.

We played...three of us... alot yesterday but sadly, there was server issues on & off a lot. We got Blue Screens4-5 times and 'Failed To Connect to Server' windows a lot trying to load in. One had to leave for awhile but two os took two other characters out leaving the City for the first time and it was great to see a differnt setting and it got tougher as well. We got to meet "The Wildlife" and that was even a challenge. We got to one area and we died more in it than the whole Demo. for the first time it really did have a Gears of War feel with the Weapon and Cover combat; more than the Demo. We finally reached a point in the story where you see Crafting open up but we had to call it there...hopefully the Server Issues are being fixed so the Three of us can continue....it was a rush playing with three....
Old 04-02-21, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I started as Devastator its a weird play style cuz you have to get super close to everything but I'm getting the hang of things and having fun so far. Can't wait to team up with others.
Old 04-02-21, 06:12 PM

Thanks K&A. I think I started my character as trickster, but don’t find the slow-mo bubble that useful. Yes, it slows time and you don’t get hurt for a few seconds, but doesn’t last long in beginning and frankly I like that power where weak enemies turn to skeletons and die, while more powerful enemies lose health. I do like the skills tree, but I’ve only gotten 2 skill points at level 7. It seems hard to get them. Hope that picks up as some of those skills look real good and could come in handy.

Shotguns have always been my favorite weapon in most games, but they are good when up close. Certainly not a long range weapon, but still my fav, especially in Halo games, but this is a duck and cover game in vein of Gears and really doesn’t lend itself to up close battles, even though I love those.

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-02-21 at 06:26 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.