Old 11-06-20, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Old 11-07-20, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

I never really like watching in-game videos of say the "First Hour"....I prefer to be a bit surprised and take it in...I skipped to halfway mark that didn't show much...must have been after a Raid, went and found some resources, Fast Travel and got back to claim some points which I'm glad I checked that out with the Skill Tree and Settlement........love the setting and all but seem like the Sailing and Boating is not as smooth like as in Odyssey.....can't wait...got the normal version but I think the additional content and pass will come up for sale maybe Black Friday or December...
Old 11-07-20, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Think I'm just gonna wait on this until I get a PS5, so around January or February.
Old 11-07-20, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I never really like watching in-game videos of say the "First Hour"....I prefer to be a bit surprised and take it in...I skipped to halfway mark that didn't show much...must have been after a Raid, went and found some resources, Fast Travel and got back to claim some points which I'm glad I checked that out with the Skill Tree and Settlement........love the setting and all but seem like the Sailing and Boating is not as smooth like as in Odyssey.....can't wait...got the normal version but I think the additional content and pass will come up for sale maybe Black Friday or December...
I actually like watching the first hour or two so I know what I'm getting myself into before I buy a game. Most games are 40-100 hours. So you're finding out 1-2.5% of the game.
Old 11-08-20, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I actually like watching the first hour or two so I know what I'm getting myself into before I buy a game. Most games are 40-100 hours. So you're finding out 1-2.5% of the game.

I can see that being a plus...but if anything I'll watch some small various parts of gameplay that will touch on all parts like here with how the Settlement Works, a bit on the Skill Tree, some action showing how the Dual Weld Fighting Works and maybe a short take on the RAID attacking, healing, looting....watching say a first hour to me is like going to IGN or some other site and getting a "Walkthru Guide"....
Old 11-09-20, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IGN gives Assassin's Creed Valhalla an 8. The reviewer said there were numerous bugs and crashes.

Old 11-09-20, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
AC games drop in price ridiculously fast. I remember getting Odyssey for $30 black Friday which was only like two months after release lol.

I'm sure by the time you finish CP Valhalla will have a sale.
I almost never buy Ubisoft games early because of this, though last minute I bit on this due to the Target sale. I guess this will end up being the first next gen title I own (if Target can get it to me)
Old 11-09-20, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, decent reviews, but seems to be really buggy - probably best to wait a while for it to get patched.
Old 11-09-20, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gameinformer gave it a 9.25.....they did acknowledge some 'Bugs and Glitches"....but which games have not had them day one so to strike off points on something like that is a bit too much....Overall they liked it and put it right there along with origins and Odyssey which is deserving.... .... https://www.gameinformer.com/review/...worthy-of-song
Old 11-09-20, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Gameinformer gave it a 9.25.....they did acknowledge some 'Bugs and Glitches"....but which games have not had them day one so to strike off points on something like that is a bit too much....Overall they liked it and put it right there along with origins and Odyssey which is deserving.... .... https://www.gameinformer.com/review/...worthy-of-song
This sounds awesome. I just finished Odyssey last night, and that was darn epic, one of the best games I've ever played. I really can't believe how far the franchise has come. Can't wait...
Old 11-10-20, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone ordered a game from Amazon...New release...can tell me when they actually got the game?....this is the first Disc Game I've bought in I don't know how long ($10 Off)...just pulled it up but saying estimated delivery November 18th or 19th?...we have prime and I'm like WTH....
Old 11-10-20, 10:03 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

FYI for those who use the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app for promos. They have this for today at 2pm CST.

Old 11-10-20, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ordered a game from Amazon...New release...can tell me when they actually got the game?....this is the first Disc Game I've bought in I don't know how long ($10 Off)...just pulled it up but saying estimated delivery November 18th or 19th?...we have prime and I'm like WTH....
I ordered from Amazon about 3 months ago. My copy of Valhalla for the PS4 was delivered yesterday morning.
Old 11-10-20, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Picked up a copy today and a couple of hours in. Loved Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey and this appears to be falling into that crowd. I do like the change in setting and plays pretty good. Bit buggy, but sure a bigger update by the end of the week, and nothing game breaking... so far.
Old 11-10-20, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

PS4 version is $39.99 on Amazon when you use a digital coupon. It'll ship in 2 to 4 weeks.
Amazon Amazon
I broke down and bought it.
Old 11-10-20, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Hope this game gets a Discovery Tour mode like the last two. Since I can't travel really at the moment those were amazing little tours of Egypt and Greece.
Old 11-10-20, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

FYI for those curious, I popped this into my Series X and the next gen upgrade download is 46.41 GB. My internet’s only giving me about 25 Mbps right now, so I’ll likely just let it download overnight and check it out tomorrow.
Old 11-10-20, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
FYI for those curious, I popped this into my Series X and the next gen upgrade download is 46.41 GB. My internet’s only giving me about 25 Mbps right now, so I’ll likely just let it download overnight and check it out tomorrow.
mine took several hours to dl but it's finally done. I'll get started on this one tomorrow.
Old 11-11-20, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

So far I think it’s meh compared to Odyssey.
Old 11-11-20, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Ditto... I'm only thru the first mission but Odyssey was such a bright, beautiful world. This is obviously dark & dreary. The combat is "cumbersome". I keep trying to perform the advanced moves that I had muscle-memory learned from Odyssey but they don't work lol (like LB and RB to block an attack). I'm going to keep going, obviously. I hope it lives up to Odyssey long term.

Also, Randvi is the spitting image of Kassandra from Odyssey.
Old 11-11-20, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hear that it takes 10-15 hours to get going and you have to find the Odyssey-like combat moves in tomb like areas.
Old 11-11-20, 09:13 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Originally Posted by Rob V
Ditto... I'm only thru the first mission but Odyssey was such a bright, beautiful world. This is obviously dark & dreary. The combat is "cumbersome". I keep trying to perform the advanced moves that I had muscle-memory learned from Odyssey but they don't work lol (like LB and RB to block an attack). I'm going to keep going, obviously. I hope it lives up to Odyssey long term.

Also, Randvi is the spitting image of Kassandra from Odyssey.
Dammit!! NOOO!!!!!
Old 11-11-20, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well i managed to make it to England and it seems to open up the game in many respects. The whole beginning in Norway, which i went through in a few hours (didnt complete everything... but a reasonable amount) is really the game introduction and title actually appears when you set sail to England.

I do like the skill tree and the combat. Looking forward to seeing what Asgard, Iceland and Jotenheim are all like. The game doesnt have the majesty of Odyssey, but its hard to find any time period and setting that could probabky match the scope ancient Greece has.
Old 11-12-20, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

No shared PS4 & PS5 trophies

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.