Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Old 09-11-21, 10:12 PM
Premium Member

Received 191 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

There are folks here in this thread (myself included) that would be happy to drop off or send you any fruit/items or whatever you are looking for but don't want to find yourself. We've played long enough that we have most of the "stuff".

Also, with single player, you will only get a max of 20 star fragments on the beach in the morning even if you wish upon more than that. So you didn't miss much.
Old 09-12-21, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe a stupid question, but can you still send that sort of thing even if I don't buy into the Nintendo Network? I've considered it, but first off, I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to be locked up...Then I wasn't sure if I'd have to move again...Is it free to do that? Or do I have to subscribe to the Nintendo Network?
Old 09-12-21, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 247 Likes on 186 Posts

Nintendo reprinted the Animal Crossing Amiibo card packs that were already out of stock before New Horizons came out. Looks like Target exclusives: https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-an...82#lnk=sametab

There are 4 series of cards. They also have the Sanrio card packs back in stock. When I went to Target last night they had probably 50 of each on the shelfs in the Switch section.
Old 09-12-21, 12:30 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Nintendo reprinted the Animal Crossing Amiibo card packs that were already out of stock before New Horizons came out. Looks like Target exclusives: https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-an...82#lnk=sametab

There are 4 series of cards. They also have the Sanrio card packs back in stock. When I went to Target last night they had probably 50 of each on the shelfs in the Switch section.
Similar here, they had a lot of each when I went earlier this week. I picked up one of each of the series to mess with. It would get expensive trying to collect all those. Not sure if I’ll pick up anymore or not yet.
Old 09-12-21, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Goonies85 View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but can you still send that sort of thing even if I don't buy into the Nintendo Network? I've considered it, but first off, I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to be locked up...Then I wasn't sure if I'd have to move again...Is it free to do that? Or do I have to subscribe to the Nintendo Network?
You need Nintendo Switch online, it’s only $20. Then you have to visit another person at least once to be able to mail each other items.
Old 09-13-21, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDChris View Post
You need Nintendo Switch online, it’s only $20. Then you have to visit another person at least once to be able to mail each other items.
Okay, understood. Just wasn't sure...
Old 09-13-21, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 572 Likes on 386 Posts

And if you have a friend/relative with a Nintendo Online Family plan, that comes with 8 slots, and the system doesn’t check for location or anything. I’m sharing my plan with family from all over the country just to save them the expense/hassle.

I needed to do something similar so my wife and I could both play online on our Switch — AFAIK, an individual online plan wouldn’t work the way it does on Xbox/PS, and a family plan is cheaper than 2 individual plans — so if I had to sign up for a family plan anyway, why not share?
Old 09-13-21, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
And if you have a friend/relative with a Nintendo Online Family plan, that comes with 8 slots, and the system doesn’t check for location or anything. I’m sharing my plan with family from all over the country just to save them the expense/hassle.
Me too. My slots are doled out to me, my wife, three of my kids, my brother-in-law, and two of my nephews. Great deal for all of them.
Old 09-16-21, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll definitely look into this. I've considered it in the past, cause I know it's not that expensive, but I'm just not sure how long I'll be at my current address. If I have to move again, I'll need all the money I have saved up. But I definitely want some other fruit especially...Like I have Coconuts, Peaches, and Apples, but a lot of the DIY recipes I've accumulated require things like Cherries and Pears, so everytime I use oe of those Nook Miles to travel to a different island, I'm always crossing my fingers that those will be available there...No luck yet.

But, I did finally unlock the ability to create paths and whatnot, and have the basement to my house. I built a small path already just to see what it was like, and to collect the Nook Miles. There's a lot more "terraforming" I wanna do, but don't have time right now. Going to play a little bit more Mario Odyssey, as I've grown more and more fonder of the game. Still frustrating at times, but I think I'm close to beating it, but then I can still go back and figure out how to find all the Power Hearts or whatever they're called that I missed. Also want to unlock those two extra levels or whatever they are...

Keep playing Mario Golf: Super Rush and I really enjoy it, but the unlockables are questionable. Like, I've unlocked these extra clubs for a character like Mario, but in all honesty they don't do much. Like, maybe an extra 10 yards on your drive. I'd prefer it if they were more significant...My favorite characters to play with are Mario, Wario, and that baby Koopa character, whatever his name is...Those are fun to play with...Even had a buddy over and we took turns playing and it was actually pretty fun. It's not exactly the hardest game, so we both did pretty well and finished close at the end...I think I won by a couple strokes but I'm pretty sure had he played a bit more it would've been even tighter...He also insisted we play Mario Kart 8: Deluxe, but it's really not as fun with the regular steering in place (my buddy insisted, saying he didn't want to have any sort of advantage). Again, we were close at the end, but you really need your only controllers for that game...I didn't like playing with the one Joy-Con while he played with the other...
Old 09-16-21, 09:38 PM
Premium Member

Received 384 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post

I picked up all 4 packs just because I love the game and it’s a motivation to bring in new residents. One weird thing though, one pack has an Amiibo for Timmy and another pack has Luna, and another with Isabel. How would those work? I mean they’re already on our island with jobs and all.
Old 09-16-21, 09:55 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
I picked up all 4 packs just because I love the game and it’s a motivation to bring in new residents.
Save your pennies, there are 100 different cards per series.
Old 09-16-21, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

How would those work? I mean they’re already on our island with jobs and all.
You can use those to stage photoshoots on Harvey’s island. You can invite them to your campsite, but they’ll each give you a character-specific rejection why they can’t actually show up.

These cards pre-date New Horizons, so maybe the non-villager cards served a greater purpose in Happy Home Designer and stuff.
The following users liked this post:
E Unit (09-17-21)
Old 09-16-21, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up all 4 packs just because I love the game and it’s a motivation to bring in new residents. One weird thing though, one pack has an Amiibo for Timmy and another pack has Luna, and another with Isabel. How would those work? I mean they’re already on our island with jobs and all.
What do you mean four packs? And how much do they cost? Can I even get them in Canada? I can only walk to the closest 7eleven so it sucks to be here...
Old 09-16-21, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Honestly, I'm just waiting for my dumbass roommate to fall asleep so I can go downstairs and have a smoke. If he's not asleep, it'll be "What'd you do today? Did you look for work?" "Um, no, COVID kind of SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING IN ALBERTA, so f**k off."" Sorry if I'm angry but the dude just frustrates me. I need a smoke, I want a smoke, but apparently I have to wait til the dude goes to bed.
d
Old 09-17-21, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going to try and go to the store tomorrow to pick up a card to get this Nintendo Eshop thing, so I'll have it on the Internet. But man, my roommate is bugging me. Like, I can't even go downstairs til he goes to sleep, (which, hopefully, is soon)...I'll try and get one of these and it would be great if someone on the forum could somehow give me access to these other fruits/veggies...that would be cool, cause I've went to Nook's Islands for like the 100th time and I still haven't seen any Cherries or Pears...Just the same fruits I've already had for god knows how long...
Old 09-17-21, 05:41 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Goonies85 View Post
What do you mean four packs? And how much do they cost? Can I even get them in Canada? I can only walk to the closest 7eleven so it sucks to be here...
$5.99 a pack. I think they’re “Target exclusives”? I dunno, I like them.
Old 09-17-21, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Save your pennies, there are 100 different cards per series.
Not looking to collect them all, I just think they’re cute. Ive never played games like this, but my wife and kids are all playing it, so why not.
Old 09-17-21, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

$5.99 a pack. I think they’re “Target exclusives”? I dunno, I like them.
The Sanrio pack is a Target exclusive in the US, but the others you can get anywhere. (Unless the recent restocks are only at Target; I ordered some around Christmas from Best Buy or Amazon.)
The following users liked this post:
E Unit (09-17-21)