DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649903-animal-crossing-new-horizons-3-20-20-switch.html)

Sub-Zero 05-04-22 04:02 PM

Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy (Post 14098524)
I have cherry trees. You can come and take what you need!

Thank you. PM has been sent.

Goldberg74 01-10-23 06:23 PM

For those wanting a challenge, I give you ACNH HARD MODE!

… it was trending on Twitter.

And no, I’m not doing it. Not enough time in the day.

dsa_shea 05-24-23 08:09 AM

I loaded this back up for the first time in a long time and was told by my villagers that I had been gone for 2 years and 9 months. I'm just glad that they never left. I have also caught an inordinate amount of bass in my recent playtime, as it seems like there are not too much variety during the month of May. All of the bigger fish come later in the summer.

DeFan 05-24-23 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 14276632)
I loaded this back up for the first time in a long time and was told by my villagers that I had been gone for 2 years and 9 months. I'm just glad that they never left. I have also caught an inordinate amount of bass in my recent playtime, as it seems like there are not too much variety during the month of May. All of the bigger fish come later in the summer.

I wrote down the date I stopped playing so I wouldn't have to go through the stomp out the roaches nonsense. I figured it would be a couple of months but it's been a couple of years too and I lost the date so...

dsa_shea 05-24-23 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by DeFan (Post 14276646)
I wrote down the date I stopped playing so I wouldn't have to go through the stomp out the roaches nonsense. I figured it would be a couple of months but it's been a couple of years too and I lost the date so...

The roach stomping wasn't too bad. I expanded my storage to the new limit of 5,000 and was easily able to remove stored stuff all around the floors of my house and stash spots on the island. This made roach crushing much easier. I'm enjoying making some small changes to my island decorations with the stuff they added during my hiatus.

nickdawgy 05-24-23 05:50 PM

I never went back after I lost all my data when I transferred to an OLED Switch. It was a fun two year run though.

dsa_shea 05-24-23 07:09 PM

This game still needs these quality of life changes:

1. The ability to craft more than one of a particular item at the same time.
2. The ability to lock down decorations to where you need to do one extra button push to avoid picking them up by accident.
3. The drop box to give you better pay for items.
*The load times going in and out to sell and the closing time make it difficult to collect and sell throughout the night

I'm having a good time with it.

Sonny Corinthos 05-25-23 08:23 AM

I still play it from time to time. I wish Nintendo would continue to update the game. There's really nothing to do now.

Maxflier 05-25-23 09:36 AM

Boy time really flies, I guess I need to go check on my villagers too and see how long it has been.

dsa_shea 06-04-23 08:47 PM

I've actually renovated part of my house to have a fully functioning kitchen and have enjoyed growing my own produce and making many of the new recipes in my kitchen. My son and I have also enjoyed collecting the gyroids. We have about 200 of them so far.