Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Old 05-22-20, 11:08 PM
  #901  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 20,053
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Redd has 3 legit pieces of art right now on his boat.
Old 05-23-20, 06:59 PM
  #902  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Does your star rating (I'm at 3 stars) have any effect on the types of things you are offered in the Nook shop? Also, at the ATM do items you buy from there get replaced with others? I see so much cool stuff on other folks islands, but I keep getting crappy balloon drops and pretty useless items in the Nook shop.
Old 05-27-20, 03:38 PM
  #903  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

According to Turnip Prophet, I'm 90% headed for a Big Spike tomorrow afternoon... upwards of 600 bells.
Plus, it's my birthday tomorrow.

When Noon hits and it's a big number, I'll open my island and host a party.

Check back tomorrow afternoon for more.
The following 2 users liked this post by Goldberg74:
DVDChris (05-27-20), fujishig (05-27-20)
Old 05-27-20, 03:52 PM
  #904  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,557
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Does your star rating (I'm at 3 stars) have any effect on the types of things you are offered in the Nook shop? Also, at the ATM do items you buy from there get replaced with others? I see so much cool stuff on other folks islands, but I keep getting crappy balloon drops and pretty useless items in the Nook shop.
I don't think Star rating has any effect on items for sale.

Every day there are different types of walls using nook miles, and the specialty items change in nook shopping.
Old 05-27-20, 03:59 PM
  #905  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
Thread Starter
 
The Questyen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,461
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
According to Turnip Prophet, I'm 90% headed for a Big Spike tomorrow afternoon... upwards of 600 bells.
Plus, it's my birthday tomorrow.

When Noon hits and it's a big number, I'll open my island and host a party.

Check back tomorrow afternoon for more.
That would be awesome cause I bought a shit ton of turnips and my high for the week shows 133.
Old 05-27-20, 04:44 PM
  #906  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
lwhy?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Nashville and Crossville, TN
Posts: 5,107
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Man I wish I had my switch and Animal Crossing, but I won't have it until Saturday. A big turnip profit would have given me a good head start.
Old 05-27-20, 05:26 PM
  #907  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Maxflier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,895
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

I'm pretty sure Redd and Celeste have been patched out of my game. Neither have been seen for weeks.
Old 05-27-20, 05:55 PM
  #908  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 21,258
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Yeah, Redd is a failure. Iíve only see him once since the initial show up, and he had all fakes that time. One of my animals mailed me a painting this week and it was a fake too.

I did finally see Celeste last week.

And I could do without the thing that sells rugs, I have no interest in buying from her again. She seems to come weekly.
Old 05-27-20, 06:25 PM
  #909  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 29,912
Received 139 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Yeah, Redd is a failure. Iíve only see him once since the initial show up, and he had all fakes that time. One of my animals mailed me a painting this week and it was a fake too.

I did finally see Celeste last week.

And I could do without the thing that sells rugs, I have no interest in buying from her again. She seems to come weekly.
That ghost is the one who is there like every night, I swear. Maybe it's because I only play late at night though. Right when I'm about to go to sleep, nope! I have to go traipsing around the island looking for pieces of his soul.
Old 05-27-20, 07:27 PM
  #910  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

In 40 days of play...

CJ - Once (last week)
Flick - Twice (last week and this week)
Celeste - Once last week
Label - Twice (at least two weeks apart)
Sahara - Weekly (maybe more)
Redd - Three times
Leif - Weekly since he started
Kicks - Weekly
Whisp - Once a week
Daisy Mae - Every Sunday
Gulliver - Every so often, but I don't care (see below)

Wow! Thatís a long list of visitors.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 05-27-20 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-27-20, 07:32 PM
  #911  
Premium Member
 
The Cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Grazing in a field somewhere...
Posts: 21,258
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Don't forget Gulliver
Old 05-27-20, 08:35 PM
  #912  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by The Cow View Post
Don't forget Gulliver
I ignore Gulliver.

The only upside to him is the comm parts I don't give him turn into Rusted Parts for me... which is better than anything he's ever "sent" me.
Old 05-28-20, 04:33 AM
  #913  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 29,733
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
In 40 days of play...

CJ - Once (last week)
Flick - Twice (last week and this week)
Celeste - Once last week
Label - Twice (at least two weeks apart)
Sahara - Weekly (maybe more)
Redd - Three times
Leif - Weekly since he started
Kicks - Weekly
Whisp - Once a week
Daisy Mae - Every Sunday
Gulliver - Every so often, but I don't care (see below)

Wow! Thatís a long list of visitors.
For me, Gulliver is there alot. I've seen him at least once a week. Sahara is usually there on Tuesdays. CJ and Flick I see often, I pretty much ignore them. Kicks I sometimes see, as well as Leif. Daisy Mae obviously is there every Sunday, and I have seen Redd 3-4 times. I haven't seen label in awhile, and I have yet to see Celeste.
Old 05-28-20, 07:57 AM
  #914  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by DVDChris View Post
I don't think Star rating has any effect on items for sale.

Every day there are different types of walls using nook miles, and the specialty items change in nook shopping.
That's a bummer, my everyday items are usually not useful (at least for my goals). And they've repeated a few times already. I did get some interesting stuff by playing and linking the mobile game and completing the tutorial that helped me make my first "perspective". The tiny camper helps, I've got a tiny VW style camper on the way as well that I'm going to add.


Last edited by SmackDaddy; 05-28-20 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-28-20, 09:13 AM
  #915  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Iím at a 100% Big Spike for this afternoon, so check back at Noon.

... oh, and a big olí hail storm down here in South Texas took our broadband out last night, so hopefully theyíll fix that before too long.
Old 05-28-20, 11:59 AM
  #916  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,444
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Iím at a 100% Big Spike for this afternoon, so check back at Noon.

... oh, and a big olí hail storm down here in South Texas took our broadband out last night, so hopefully theyíll fix that before too long.

Spent a million Bella on turnips this week, which is also the week I started a new job and have zero time to stay on top of turnips. Youíll be hearing from me today.
Old 05-28-20, 12:09 PM
  #917  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)



Not as high as I wanted, but it is within the parameters mentioned by the site.

... and our broadband is still out.

Iíll keep all yíall posted.
Old 05-28-20, 12:57 PM
  #918  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pandemerica!
Posts: 21,706
Received 110 Likes on 79 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

^ My wife bought a small number of turnips. Not sure why, but it ain't much at all. I'd definitely like to offload them if you manage to get back online, though.

Let me know if there's anything you're after. I have gold nuggets or nook tickets I could part with.

Last edited by Dan; 05-28-20 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-28-20, 02:14 PM
  #919  
DVD Talk Legend
 
dsa_shea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 20,053
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Does anyone have the mushroom umbrella? I see one of my neighbors toting it around but have never seen it for sale. Also, does anyone want to come check out my slightly expanded and now about 95% complete nature center?
Old 05-28-20, 03:11 PM
  #920  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 29,912
Received 139 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Does anyone have the mushroom umbrella? I see one of my neighbors toting it around but have never seen it for sale. Also, does anyone want to come check out my slightly expanded and now about 95% complete nature center?
I think you have to wait until November in the Northern Hemisphere. They're a seasonal thing (so right now in the Southern Hemisphere there are mushrooms) and when they're in season you need to shoot down balloons and pray for the right recipe to fall. Unfortunately I only have three mushroom recipes and I don't have the umbrella one otherwise I'd make you one.

Btw, I swear Wisp doesn't visit just once a week... I saw him two days in a row just last week. And his "valuable items" are worthless, I don't know if like occasionally he gives you something of value but so far, nothing.
Old 05-28-20, 05:11 PM
  #921  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post


Not as high as I wanted, but it is within the parameters mentioned by the site.

... and our broadband is still out.

Iíll keep all yíall posted.
Service is restored:

N2Y4R

Come on over!

I am missing the following fossils:
  • Plesiosaurs head
  • Triceratops body
  • Saber tooth front


... and check the Southeast Beach, weíve dumped a bunch of duplicates there... you can take one.

Iíll take any gift you want to leave!

Last edited by Goldberg74; 05-28-20 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-28-20, 05:53 PM
  #922  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
lopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,444
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Service is restored:

N2Y4R

Come on over!

I am missing the following fossils:
  • Plesiosaurs head
  • Triceratops body
  • Saber tooth front


... and check the Southeast Beach, weíve dumped a bunch of duplicates there... you can take one.

Iíll take any gift you want to leave!
heading your way now
Old 05-28-20, 06:19 PM
  #923  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Pandemerica!
Posts: 21,706
Received 110 Likes on 79 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Same. I'll be quick.
Old 05-28-20, 06:40 PM
  #924  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,877
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by lopper View Post
heading your way now
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Same. I'll be quick.
Thanks for stopping by.

Gates still open: N2Y4R
Old 05-28-20, 07:09 PM
  #925  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 2,557
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Thanks for stopping by.

Gates still open: N2Y4R
I can drop off a plesio head. Already sold turnips, but enjoy checking out other islands

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.