DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649903-animal-crossing-new-horizons-3-20-20-switch.html)

dsa_shea 05-22-20 11:08 PM

Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (3/20/20: Switch)

Redd has 3 legit pieces of art right now on his boat.

SmackDaddy 05-23-20 06:59 PM

Does your star rating (I'm at 3 stars) have any effect on the types of things you are offered in the Nook shop? Also, at the ATM do items you buy from there get replaced with others? I see so much cool stuff on other folks islands, but I keep getting crappy balloon drops and pretty useless items in the Nook shop.

Goldberg74 05-27-20 03:38 PM

According to Turnip Prophet, I'm 90% headed for a Big Spike tomorrow afternoon... upwards of 600 bells.Plus, it's my birthday tomorrow. :)

When Noon hits and it's a big number, I'll open my island and host a party.

Check back tomorrow afternoon for more.

DVDChris 05-27-20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy (Post 13746262)
Does your star rating (I'm at 3 stars) have any effect on the types of things you are offered in the Nook shop? Also, at the ATM do items you buy from there get replaced with others? I see so much cool stuff on other folks islands, but I keep getting crappy balloon drops and pretty useless items in the Nook shop.

I don't think Star rating has any effect on items for sale.

Every day there are different types of walls using nook miles, and the specialty items change in nook shopping.

The Questyen 05-27-20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748109)
According to Turnip Prophet, I'm 90% headed for a Big Spike tomorrow afternoon... upwards of 600 bells.Plus, it's my birthday tomorrow. :)

When Noon hits and it's a big number, I'll open my island and host a party.

Check back tomorrow afternoon for more.

That would be awesome cause I bought a shit ton of turnips and my high for the week shows 133.

lwhy? 05-27-20 04:44 PM

Man I wish I had my switch and Animal Crossing, but I won't have it until Saturday. A big turnip profit would have given me a good head start.

Maxflier 05-27-20 05:26 PM

I'm pretty sure Redd and Celeste have been patched out of my game. Neither have been seen for weeks.

The Cow 05-27-20 05:55 PM

Yeah, Redd is a failure. I’ve only see him once since the initial show up, and he had all fakes that time. One of my animals mailed me a painting this week and it was a fake too. :lol:

I did finally see Celeste last week.

And I could do without the thing that sells rugs, I have no interest in buying from her again. She seems to come weekly.

fujishig 05-27-20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 13748157)
Yeah, Redd is a failure. I’ve only see him once since the initial show up, and he had all fakes that time. One of my animals mailed me a painting this week and it was a fake too. :lol:

I did finally see Celeste last week.

And I could do without the thing that sells rugs, I have no interest in buying from her again. She seems to come weekly.

That ghost is the one who is there like every night, I swear. Maybe it's because I only play late at night though. Right when I'm about to go to sleep, nope! I have to go traipsing around the island looking for pieces of his soul.

Goldberg74 05-27-20 07:27 PM

In 40 days of play...

CJ - Once (last week)
Flick - Twice (last week and this week)
Celeste - Once last week
Label - Twice (at least two weeks apart)
Sahara - Weekly (maybe more)
Redd - Three times
Leif - Weekly since he started
Kicks - Weekly
Whisp - Once a week
Daisy Mae - Every Sunday
Gulliver - Every so often, but I don't care (see below)

Wow! That’s a long list of visitors.

The Cow 05-27-20 07:32 PM

Don't forget Gulliver :lol:

Goldberg74 05-27-20 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 13748212)
Don't forget Gulliver :lol:

I ignore Gulliver.

The only upside to him is the comm parts I don't give him turn into Rusted Parts for me... which is better than anything he's ever "sent" me. ;)

nickdawgy 05-28-20 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748210)
In 40 days of play...

CJ - Once (last week)
Flick - Twice (last week and this week)
Celeste - Once last week
Label - Twice (at least two weeks apart)
Sahara - Weekly (maybe more)
Redd - Three times
Leif - Weekly since he started
Kicks - Weekly
Whisp - Once a week
Daisy Mae - Every Sunday
Gulliver - Every so often, but I don't care (see below)

Wow! That’s a long list of visitors.

For me, Gulliver is there alot. I've seen him at least once a week. Sahara is usually there on Tuesdays. CJ and Flick I see often, I pretty much ignore them. Kicks I sometimes see, as well as Leif. Daisy Mae obviously is there every Sunday, and I have seen Redd 3-4 times. I haven't seen label in awhile, and I have yet to see Celeste.

SmackDaddy 05-28-20 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by DVDChris (Post 13748117)
I don't think Star rating has any effect on items for sale.

Every day there are different types of walls using nook miles, and the specialty items change in nook shopping.

That's a bummer, my everyday items are usually not useful (at least for my goals). And they've repeated a few times already. I did get some interesting stuff by playing and linking the mobile game and completing the tutorial that helped me make my first "perspective". The tiny camper helps, I've got a tiny VW style camper on the way as well that I'm going to add.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...35e4b7c628.jpg

Goldberg74 05-28-20 09:13 AM

I’m at a 100% Big Spike for this afternoon, so check back at Noon.

... oh, and a big ol’ hail storm down here in South Texas took our broadband out last night, so hopefully they’ll fix that before too long.

lopper 05-28-20 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748471)
I’m at a 100% Big Spike for this afternoon, so check back at Noon.

... oh, and a big ol’ hail storm down here in South Texas took our broadband out last night, so hopefully they’ll fix that before too long.

Spent a million Bella on turnips this week, which is also the week I started a new job and have zero time to stay on top of turnips. You’ll be hearing from me today. :)

Goldberg74 05-28-20 12:09 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ef826e54c.jpeg

Not as high as I wanted, but it is within the parameters mentioned by the site.

... and our broadband is still out.

I’ll keep all y’all posted.

Dan 05-28-20 12:57 PM

^ My wife bought a small number of turnips. Not sure why, but it ain't much at all. I'd definitely like to offload them if you manage to get back online, though.

Let me know if there's anything you're after. I have gold nuggets or nook tickets I could part with.

dsa_shea 05-28-20 02:14 PM

Does anyone have the mushroom umbrella? I see one of my neighbors toting it around but have never seen it for sale. Also, does anyone want to come check out my slightly expanded and now about 95% complete nature center?

fujishig 05-28-20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea (Post 13748678)
Does anyone have the mushroom umbrella? I see one of my neighbors toting it around but have never seen it for sale. Also, does anyone want to come check out my slightly expanded and now about 95% complete nature center?

I think you have to wait until November in the Northern Hemisphere. They're a seasonal thing (so right now in the Southern Hemisphere there are mushrooms) and when they're in season you need to shoot down balloons and pray for the right recipe to fall. Unfortunately I only have three mushroom recipes and I don't have the umbrella one otherwise I'd make you one.

Btw, I swear Wisp doesn't visit just once a week... I saw him two days in a row just last week. And his "valuable items" are worthless, I don't know if like occasionally he gives you something of value but so far, nothing.

Goldberg74 05-28-20 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748595)
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...ef826e54c.jpeg

Not as high as I wanted, but it is within the parameters mentioned by the site.

... and our broadband is still out.

I’ll keep all y’all posted.

Service is restored:

N2Y4R

Come on over!

I am missing the following fossils:
  • Plesiosaurs head
  • Triceratops body
  • Saber tooth front

... and check the Southeast Beach, we’ve dumped a bunch of duplicates there... you can take one.

I’ll take any gift you want to leave!

lopper 05-28-20 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748782)
Service is restored:

N2Y4R

Come on over!

I am missing the following fossils:
  • Plesiosaurs head
  • Triceratops body
  • Saber tooth front

... and check the Southeast Beach, we’ve dumped a bunch of duplicates there... you can take one.

I’ll take any gift you want to leave!

heading your way now

Dan 05-28-20 06:19 PM

Same. I'll be quick. :)

Goldberg74 05-28-20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by lopper (Post 13748809)
heading your way now

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13748823)
Same. I'll be quick. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Gates still open: N2Y4R

DVDChris 05-28-20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 13748832)
Thanks for stopping by.

Gates still open: N2Y4R

I can drop off a plesio head. Already sold turnips, but enjoy checking out other islands