Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Old 06-15-23, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,206 Posts
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Originally Posted by Noonan
Got all the dragon tears as well but I haven't found a way to get up to the dragon to pull the master sword. He never seems to be anywhere near any shrines in the sky I have available.
Iím not sure if it was a coincidence, but when I got the final tear, the light dragon was flying just off in the distance. So I fast-traveled to a shrine in the sky above me and glided right to it.

I was hoping Iíd be finished before FF16, but Iím still a long ways off. I could probably finish the main quests this weekend, but I really want to complete all the shrines and all the side quests/adventures first, and thatísÖgeez, maybe another month? More? I donít even have a single complete armor set and havenít upgraded any armor!
Old 06-15-23, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 831 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Iím not sure if it was a coincidence, but when I got the final tear, the light dragon was flying just off in the distance. So I fast-traveled to a shrine in the sky above me and glided right to it.

I was hoping Iíd be finished before FF16, but Iím still a long ways off. I could probably finish the main quests this weekend, but I really want to complete all the shrines and all the side quests/adventures, and thatísÖgeez, maybe another month? More?
Finishing the tears makes the dragon show up to your location where you do the last one. I saw that there was a shrine in the sky above but I have no idea how to get up to it. I'm sure that was the intended plan but without that shrine active, I just had to watch it fly off. The closest sky shrine I had available was the water temple but the dragon went it a different direction.

Any chance you remember how you got up to that shrine in the first place? I waited for a while to see if a rock fell from it that I could ride back up but one never dropped. I have another quest to get to the labyrinth near by and I can't figure out how to get up there either. I did the labyrinth part on the surface and now it wants me to get to the one directly above it.
Old 06-15-23, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 201 Likes on 121 Posts

There is just an incredible amount to do in this game. I'm guessing I'm around 80 hours in at this point and when I look at the 'hero's journey' view of the map, there are still large swaths of land I haven't touched. I've also only been to a handful of the sky islands. I need to come up with some better builds to navigate between them. I almost made it to one last night and the damn wing on my build gave out about 100 yards away, leaving me to glide under it, barely missing anything I could grab onto.

The depths are truly a wonderful addition to the world. I've spent over half my time exploring them and have activated light roots for most of the map. I'm guessing I have 5 or 6 left. Also, their abundance of puffshrooms and muddle buds is a huge help, as they net 10 rupees each. I've racked up a little over 7,000 just by selling those.

I've managed to complete three sets of armor, but none of them are my go to's. I need to stick to the roads more to try to bump into that traveller who will mark armor locations on your map. I'm also damn lousy at finding caves and feel like I've only scratched the surface with having discovered around 30 of them.
Old 06-20-23, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 831 Likes on 611 Posts

Finished in time to start FF16 on Thursday. Obviously still a ton to do but I completed everything I wanted. Had to make sure I got and upgraded the hero of time gear set so I actually looked like Link proper. I want to watch a speedrun now because I'm curious how the end plays out if you don't have the sages. Also want to see if there are any good lore videos out yet. I don't know if we learned that this Hyrule is an extension of an older game or if this and Breathe live on their own? Also, did we ever learn what made Ganon wake up in the game intro in the first place? I don't recall us doing anything to him at the time.

There's no game I'm anticipating more than FF16 but I don't see how it could possibly top this for GotY. Over 100 hours and not only is there a LOT left for me to do but I actually want to go back and do it all.
Old 10-25-23, 07:33 AM

Received 729 Likes on 479 Posts

I was finally able to pre-order the Zelda Amiibo this morning from Best Buy. I pre-order the Ganondorf one when it was first announced but the other one was not available yet it went really fast.

They are being released on November 3rd.

Maybe this will help me get back into the game (and this post got this thread off of page 4. )