Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Old 09-14-22, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 324 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch; 5/12/23)

Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
Lol, did anybody finish BOTW? I got really far - I think I stopped at what had to have been 95% finished. I liked it, though. I only stopped playing because my only Switch controller was the Pro and it got really bad drift, making every game unplayable. I do have a replacement generic one now, but I haven't really gotten back to the Switch for a while
I finished it by accident.
I was still exploring, and I thought I'd explore a bit of the final castle, but hold off doing most of it, and save it for later after I've gotten through more of the game, but then I just sorta stumbled on Gannon, and easily beat him. Game over, and I didn't really go back to explore what I may have missed. Oh well. LOL.
Old 09-14-22, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
I finished it by accident.
I was still exploring, and I thought I'd explore a bit of the final castle, but hold off doing most of it, and save it for later after I've gotten through more of the game, but then I just sorta stumbled on Gannon, and easily beat him. Game over, and I didn't really go back to explore what I may have missed. Oh well. LOL.
Well that answers that question. Yes, it's been finished and yes, I was close. I've been in the final castle. I guess I'll finish up and maybe start over before the sequel, although I'm not looking forward to the Master Sword stuff again. That was almost the death of me from what I can remember.
Old 09-14-22, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 659 Likes on 463 Posts

Lol, did anybody finish BOTW? I got really far - I think I stopped at what had to have been 95% finished. I liked it, though. I only stopped playing because my only Switch controller was the Pro and it got really bad drift, making every game unplayable. I do have a replacement generic one now, but I haven't really gotten back to the Switch for a while
I "hate" played it because there were so many mechanics I just did not like in this game. I still managed to put 60+ hours into it and finished it. If they're doing breakable items again I'm out. That was annoying to no end. My other major gripe was the barren overworld. The little we see of it in the Tears trailer looks pretty barren as well. Another knock against buying right away.
Old 09-14-22, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,155 Likes on 760 Posts

Lol, did anybody finish BOTW?
I did! I don't remember what my total playtime was, but it was north of 100 hours for sure. I'm pretty sure I did everything there is to do aside from collecting all the seeds.

I have mixed feelings about BotW, and the thunderous tidal waves of praise invariably lavished at the game feel kind of alien to me, but overall I'd say I really enjoyed it. In keeping with my minority opinions, I actually liked the breakable weapons, which added some tension to battles and pushed me into switching up my play-style. I'm very much the type of person who settles on a loadout I like and rarely, if ever, change it, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed being pushed out of my comfort zone. But yeah, all other things equal, I'd much rather have a smaller but more tightly designed open world.
Old 09-14-22, 10:01 PM

Received 327 Likes on 208 Posts

I played the game religiously for the first year, got to the door of Hyrule castle knocked on it but never went inÖ I didnít want the game to end so I set it down and forgot about it. Itís been about 3 1/2 years since I played it last, I think that sometime this spring Iíll pick it up again and start fresh and finish it before the next one comes out.

I had completed every shrine, found way too many Korok seeds, upgraded a ton of armor, and had a nice stockpile of weapons. About a month ago I watched my son finish the game for a friend who was having trouble with it. So Iíve seen the final boss battle and part of the closing story but not all of it.

I still loved playing it and look forward to the sequel. Itís kinda cool that it comes out just after the semester ends and just before my birthday. Day one purchase for me.