Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Old 05-10-24, 02:29 AM
  #2126  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,828
Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Meh. I still play Xbox 90% of the time. The PS5 and Switch get the other 10%.
Old 05-10-24, 08:12 AM
  #2127  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Meh. I still play Xbox 90% of the time. The PS5 and Switch get the other 10%.
I still find that so weird, if for no other reason that there are SO FEW XBOX-exclusive games compared to those other two consoles.
Old 05-10-24, 08:47 AM
  #2128  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Dan

She does reiterate, as she and other execs have before, EVERY first party new release will be on Game Pass. People really seem to think they’re going to backtrack on that, but time will tell if that’s their ultimate downfall as so many people seem to think.
IGN takes that as essentially confirmation of Call of Duty day & date on Game Pass.
Old 05-10-24, 09:02 AM
  #2129  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,669
Received 957 Likes on 799 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

^ if the new one sucks as bad as the previous 2 incarnations, then who cares?
Old 05-10-24, 09:06 AM
  #2130  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,707
Received 1,004 Likes on 723 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by OldBoy
^ if the new one sucks as bad as the previous 2 incarnations, then who cares?
The millions (10's of millions?) of people who buy the game every year for MP, regardless of how bad the campaign is?
The following users liked this post:
Dan (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 09:09 AM
  #2131  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 16,353
Received 1,148 Likes on 702 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

I think it says a lot that it takes layoffs and closures for this thread to see any actual life.
Old 05-10-24, 09:11 AM
  #2132  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,073
Received 1,208 Likes on 856 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I think it says a lot that it takes layoffs and closures for this thread to see any actual life.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ folks like drama
The following users liked this post:
Music (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 09:32 AM
  #2133  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,669
Received 957 Likes on 799 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Noonan
The millions (10's of millions?) of people who buy the game every year for MP, regardless of how bad the campaign is?
ahhhh. that makes sense. the SP is for shit though, and, unfortunately I only play SP.
Old 05-10-24, 10:01 AM
  #2134  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I think it says a lot that it takes layoffs and closures for this thread to see any actual life.
To be fair, if there were lots of new exclusive game announcements, it would probably have seen actual life as well.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 10:14 AM
  #2135  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 16,353
Received 1,148 Likes on 702 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Decker
To be fair, if there were lots of new exclusive game announcements, it would probably have seen actual life as well.
Exactly the right answer and that was my point, though I guess I was a little too cryptic about it.

I put all the blame of no excitement for the Xbox squarely on the powers that be's shoulders. It sucks being a fan of the console and watching it slowly disintegrate due to poor decision after poor decision.
Old 05-10-24, 10:24 AM
  #2136  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,073
Received 1,208 Likes on 856 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

I mean, if you want healthy discussion about the distant 3rd place console, a sub forum with maybe 15 active posters, most of which are busy as tech support for Oldboy , probably isn’t the place to find it anymore. There’s plenty of discussion elsewhere — negative, positive, neutral, whatever — about the platform, games, changes in the business, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dan:
Music (05-10-24), Spiderbite (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 10:46 AM
  #2137  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

It really feels, to me, like Microsoft has shifted focus away from the Xbox line and toward PC gaming. Maybe that's the right business decision, but it sucks for me.
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (05-10-24)
Old 05-10-24, 08:08 PM
  #2138  
DVD Talk Hero
 
nickdawgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern Cal-ee-for-nee
Posts: 33,828
Received 415 Likes on 311 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Decker
I still find that so weird, if for no other reason that there are SO FEW XBOX-exclusive games compared to those other two consoles.
I think a big part is the feel of the controller. I like achievements better than trophies. And I think that the Xbox interface is much better and easier to use than the PS5.

PS5 is still great. Don’t get me wrong. But it takes a big game (FF, Last of Us, etc) to get me to play it.

The following 5 users liked this post by nickdawgy:
Adam Tyner (05-10-24), gerrythedon (05-16-24), Music (05-10-24), Rob V (05-13-24), Spiderbite (05-11-24)
Old 05-16-24, 09:02 AM
  #2139  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Proteus Controller, allowing full gaming control for those who only have use of one hand. It's very expensive, but quite brilliant. Will be godsend for some gamers.
Old 05-16-24, 10:28 AM
  #2140  
Dan
DVD Talk Hero
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the straps of boots
Posts: 28,073
Received 1,208 Likes on 856 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

New studio in Poland.



The studio boasts The Last of Us, Witcher, Cyberpunk, and Uncharted developers in its team.

Elsewhere Entertainment is an all-new studio incubating an all-new franchise, boasting industry vets. The new studio is based in Warsaw "with additional resources in the United States," and enjoys alumni from franchises like The Last of Us, Uncharted, The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Far Cry, and more.
lots of potential there. Should be interesting to see what they release (and when).
Old 05-16-24, 10:45 AM
  #2141  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 76,655
Received 6,399 Likes on 4,381 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Dan

lots of potential there. Should be interesting to see what they release (and when).
Or when they’re laid off (and why).

The following users liked this post:
Dan (05-16-24)
Old 05-16-24, 08:37 PM
  #2142  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 62,544
Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts
Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Originally Posted by Decker
Another price hike for Game Pass? I hope not.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1...574105836?s=19
That's interesting. Hellblade is one of my favorites of the last few years. I have an Xbox but I might wait and see how this plays out since I played the original on PS. I'll pick it up over there.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.