DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Series X - 11/10/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649337-xbox-series-x-11-10-20-a.html)

Dan 10-11-21 03:32 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

Whatever, I just want to order the stupid mini fridge.

Deftones 10-15-21 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13996327)
Whatever, I just want to order the stupid mini fridge.

Dan 10-15-21 11:18 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaas!!! :lol:
thing must be pretty small if it's only $99.

Coral 10-15-21 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13998250)
Yaaaaaaaaaaas!!! :lol:
thing must be pretty small if it's only $99.

It'll hold up to 12 cans, so yeah - it's small.
But it would look pretty cool in your gaming room or even living room as it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb as a real mini-fridge would - and should hold enough drinks for the average gamer.

DJariya 10-17-21 02:51 AM

https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-12-...hH73LQxddbQoBA

XBox Live 12-month subscription $49.99 at Newegg with a $10 off promo code. The code is on the link.

Sale is good for 23 hours.

Deftones 10-21-21 09:11 AM

New sizes of storage coming...

Dan 10-21-21 09:29 AM

Four hundred dollarydoos!!

Coral 10-22-21 10:45 AM

Seagate's 1 year deal to provide external storage for the XSX/S ends next month I believe.
We'll see if there'll be other manufacturers making them afterwards. Some competition for this is always a good thing.

Decker 10-22-21 12:56 PM

I'm hoping for a BF sale on the 1 TB drive. That would be plenty for me.

fujishig 10-22-21 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 14001440)
Seagate's 1 year deal to provide external storage for the XSX/S ends next month I believe.
We'll see if there'll be other manufacturers making them afterwards. Some competition for this is always a good thing.

Considering the expense of these and the impossibility of finding one at retail, I wonder how that went for Seagate... I would've expected at least a two year window.

OldBoy 10-22-21 06:39 PM

I can’t imagine sanity in buying a storage device that is nearly the price of the system it’s for. If ever around $150-100, then maybe, but with 2 SSD, I’m good.

lopper 10-25-21 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by lopper (Post 13994428)
Had the Far Cry 6 bundle from Gamestop in my cart several times this morning, but the two payment methods I tried to use, Paypal and standard credit card, were kicked back for some reason or another. So I lost out on that.

However, as I'm trying to trouble shoot that issue, a Wario notification came up for Series X at Walmart, so I jumped over there and managed to grab one. I had it in the cart but needed to run downstairs to get the security number off my credit card. Came back upstairs and entered the number, and it looks like the order went through. Had to clear it with my bank's fraud prevention system, but I'm seeing a pending charge of 541.91 on my account, so I'm going to assume we're good to go.

I have a delivery date of Nov 16 but from what I'm hearing it should arrive before then. Even if it doesn't, I can finally disable Wario notifications, which were so frequent it was bordering on (self inflicted) harassment.

This was delivered this past Saturday. I had it hooked up, online, and updating within 15 minutes. And I also went ahead and upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate. I'm curious to see what this cloud gaming is all about.

All I've done so far is install and very briefly play Gears 5. I had a terrible time trying to run it on my PC when it released, and I wanted to compare the experiences. Night and day. Looking forward to playing the rest of this game someday. I think the next Forza will be the first current gen title I play on it.

Dan 11-11-21 05:02 PM

Costco has Game Pass consoles:

Adam Tyner 11-15-21 12:24 PM

New backwards compatible titles!
  • 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
  • Aces of the Galaxy
  • Advent Rising
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
  • Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Make the Grade
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth
  • Bankshot Billiards 2
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Binary Domain
  • Black College Football Xperience: Doug Williams Ed
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Conan
  • Darwinia+
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Death by Cube
  • Disney Universe
  • Disney's Chicken Little
  • Elements of Destruction
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • F.E.A.R. Files
  • The First Templar
  • Gladius
  • Gunvalkyrie
  • Islands of Wakfu
  • Lego The Lord of the Rings
  • Manhunt
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
  • Mini Ninjas
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
  • MX vs. ATV Alive
  • MX vs. ATV Untamed
  • NIER
  • Novadrome
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
  • Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons
  • Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
  • The Outfit
  • Outpost Kaloki X
  • Quake Arena Arcade
  • R.A.W. - Realms of Ancient War
  • Red Dead Revolver
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Ridge Racer 6
  • Rio
  • Risen
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Rock of Ages
  • Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
  • Scramble
  • Screwjumper!
  • Secret Weapons Over Normandy
  • Skate 2
  • SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam!
  • SpongeBob's Truth or Square
  • Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
  • Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Switchball
  • Thrillville
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails
  • Time Pilot
  • TimeSplitters 2
  • TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
  • Viva Piñata: Party Animals
  • Warlords

I was hoping to see some of my favorite racing games — Midtown Madness 3, PGR, RalliSport Challenge — and maybe some unlikely wildcards like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Metal Arms, but I’ll take what I can get. Which, looking through that list, really just means Dead or Alive games.

And it sounds like this is it. No more future waves like this.

While we continue to stay focused on preserving and enhancing the art form of games, we have reached the limit of our ability to bring new games to the catalog from the past due to licensing, legal and technical constraints,

tonyc3742 11-15-21 01:25 PM

Sad that it's ending but seems to be a pretty impressive output.
Side note - how'd I miss Vandal Hearts? I loved the first game, and really liked the second, on PS1. Looks like FoJ is getting a solid 'meh' but I'll wishlist it anyway and keep an eye out for a sale.

Dan 11-15-21 01:49 PM

I was really hoping they'd squeeze The Saboteur and Remember Me into the BC list. I guess I'll need to play those on my 360 sooner than later, just in case it dies.

milo bloom 11-15-21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 14012288)
New backwards compatible titles!
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
  • Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

I might be interested in these. I have the Katamari games on PlayStation and Switch, is there anything special about this one for the Xbox?

OldBoy 11-15-21 07:14 PM

Timesplitters is good, right? I recall, but don’t exactly remember 2 or heard of Future Perfect. I have FEAR games or 1-3. That might be fun. Liked them, or at least played 1 and bought trio just didn’t get around to playing. Now, perhaps. Can u buy them digitally as well?

OldBoy 11-15-21 07:36 PM

Damn, can’t buy F.E.A.R 1 digitally. Why other 2 and not first? Seems odd. Guess I’ll dig for 360 in storage room. Timesplitters 2 looks fun as hell. Oddworld looks incredible. Was it praised, it looks so damn good!

OldBoy 11-16-21 06:59 PM

Anyone else having purchase issues with MS store? I bought a few things and it was tough, but went through. Last game I want to buy, it won’t let me. Get an error. Though they charge me and refund back immediately.

Dan 11-16-21 07:18 PM

^

OldBoy 11-16-21 07:57 PM

Awesome. Thanks Dan. Weird that I was able to get 7/8 when it was limited. Only can’t get is FEAR 3 rn. Makes sense. I’ll wait.

Deftones 11-17-21 08:50 AM

I posted this in PS5 thread but I guess I can post here just in case....

Anyone have the 2 next gen systems and a tv with HDMI 2.1, but only 2 of those inputs? I have the itch to upgrade my existing Sony X900F 75" to an 85". The X91J seems to fit the bill, but it only has 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs. And one of those is reserved for eARC. So you basically only have one since I would need the eARC one to go back to the receiver. I didn't want to upgrade my receiver since I have the Sony one that does Atmos and was trying to run everything through the TV now to take advantage of all the new enhanced video features. Current set up all goes through the receiver. Obviously don't want to do do that since it doesn't have HDMI 2.1 inputs.

Music 11-17-21 09:20 AM

If you are looking for a TV with more HDMI 2.1 then the LG C1 OLED series has 4.

Deftones 11-17-21 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 14013251)
If you are looking for a TV with more HDMI 2.1 then the LG C1 OLED series has 4.

Nope. I need 85". 77" is too small. The 83" one is not affordable