DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Series X - 11/10/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649337-xbox-series-x-11-10-20-a.html)

OldBoy 02-21-21 06:26 PM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20

pretty safe to say i will no longer need One and Kinect for anything, correct?

my friend wants it and i told him i'll just give it to him, but want to make sure there is no earthly reason to keep One. figured it is since not like 360 where all 360 games are not backwards compatible, thus still needing 360 for that one game i previously talked about. but less is more.

i threw away my N64 this weekend (well, still outside waiting for morning pickup actually). that made me a little sad, but i'll never hook up or play those games again of which i still had a few and with Rare Replay collection it makes no sense and Mario game wasn't that compelling. Sunshine or whatever.

Only interested in Conker's Bad Fur Day and I tried that twice, but didn't stick with for long for whatever reason.

Also, took apart GameCube connection. can still hook up in future with ease though, but Series X is really all i need now.

is there any chance those previous XBOX 360 games would become backwards compatible now because of new system or still not going to be if it wasn't on One?

The Questyen 02-21-21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13894893)
pretty safe to say i will no longer need One and Kinect for anything, correct?

my friend wants it and i told him i'll just give it to him, but want to make sure there is no earthly reason to keep One. figured it is since not like 360 where all 360 games are not backwards compatible, thus still needing 360 for that one game i previously talked about. but less is more.

i threw away my N64 this weekend (well, still outside waiting for morning pickup actually). that made me a little sad, but i'll never hook up or play those games again of which i still had a few and with Rare Replay collection it makes no sense and Mario game wasn't that compelling. Sunshine or whatever.

Only interested in Conker's Bad Fur Day and I tried that twice, but didn't stick with for long for whatever reason.

Also, took apart GameCube connection. can still hook up in future with ease though, but Series X is really all i need now.

is there any chance those previous XBOX 360 games would become backwards compatible now because of new system or still not going to be if it wasn't on One?

You shouldn't throw away things like that. You could have donated it. They're also selling for like $80+.

OldBoy 02-21-21 06:53 PM

True. I just wanted to get rid of a bunch of junk in one fell swoop. Next time, I promise. But no reason to keep One right?

Adam Tyner 02-21-21 11:06 PM

Two scenarios:

1) You want to still have access to Kinect games.

2) You could connect the XB1 to a TV in another room (or another house!) so a significant other/friend/kid/whatever could play multiplayer games with you. In theory, that’s what my wife and I are doing with our old XB1S downstairs, although the first and only game we ever did that with was Anthem two years ago. :lol: (Okay, and the Avengers beta that she wound up hating.)

Rob V 02-22-21 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13894909)
But no reason to keep One right?

Nope. Just beat that thing with a baseball bat and put it out of it's misery. Don't donate it, don't give it away... smash it to bits so a garbage truck doesn't get all the fun.

OldBoy 02-22-21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 13894979)
Two scenarios:

1) You want to still have access to Kinect games.

2) You could connect the XB1 to a TV in another room (or another house!) so a significant other/friend/kid/whatever could play multiplayer games with you. In theory, that’s what my wife and I are doing with our old XB1S downstairs, although the first and only game we ever did that with was Anthem two years ago. :lol: (Okay, and the Avengers beta that she wound up hating.)

bought that one Kinect game, Sports or something. played it once (really only the bowling). showed some people it. haven't played since. this was years ago. don't care about multiplayer or really wouldn't play anywhere else. but, this is for his kid, so i am very inclined to just give him it flat out...

nickdawgy 02-22-21 04:46 PM

Why would you throw away a perfectly good gaming system?

OldBoy 02-22-21 05:23 PM

Bc I just was getting rid of a lot of stuff and didn’t think stupidly about donating.

OldBoy 02-22-21 05:27 PM

I feel like I want every X/S on my internal, but it took up like 90%. Man, that was quick. I know I needed to delete and did, so it’s just under 70%, but why should I have had to worry? Why such a small storage drive, regardless of its speed?

Deftones 02-22-21 07:38 PM

Since MS owns Bethesda (could be Xbox exclusive), and there is no specific thread for the game..
Starfield may launch this year: https://www.gamesradar.com/bethesda-...field-in-2021/

fujishig 02-23-21 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13895319)
I feel like I want every X/S on my internal, but it took up like 90%. Man, that was quick. I know I needed to delete and did, so it’s just under 70%, but why should I have had to worry? Why such a small storage drive, regardless of its speed?

How much did you want this thing to cost? And if money isn't an issue, buy the expansion.

Deftones 02-23-21 11:01 AM

nickdawgy 02-23-21 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13895594)

I can’t even remember the last time I was excited about GWG releases.

OldBoy 02-23-21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13895519)
How much did you want this thing to cost? And if money isn't an issue, buy the expansion.

i figured with all the other improvements, they could have come up with something for internal storage by now.

it's ridiculous in this day and age to pay for more storage and now external storage won't even run the optimized games the way they are supposed to like on the internal and the additional is freaking almost half the cost of the system itself and only gives you 1GB more, granted SSD, which apparently is good or better, i dunno.

what's the fucking point? they should have given at least 2 GB @ $550.00 with tax. i know $$ for MS, but at this stage of the game they have their loyal followers and i would think a nice internal storage, at least more than PS5, would add new PS defectors.

i'm sorry, but it wasn't ever an issue until now. sure, we buy external for One, but they were cheap and can buy a lot of storage if need be and didn't affect performance. this only buys 1GB SSD and have to get it at, what, $220? for only 1GB, that you need to play all games optimized for Series X to my understanding. granted, i am sure not as thorough as you all.

but, i can't be the only one that thinks it a little vexing to have to even think about internal storage in 2021 and whatever generation that will most likely last a few years.

and the reason i wouldn't buy is, obviously bc i can just install and move or something. it does hold around 10-11 games, i believe. i certainly don't play even more than 1 usually, but currently Hitman and Cyberpunk. just can't make up mind which i want to pursue more. they are, of course, very different, but CP is FPS and i love that, but have been loving Hitman and never thought so much in a game in my eternal life. i don't even think i think that much in real world ;)

i'm more lazy now that i have Alexa, but i'm not that bad. i mean for it to know what channel on my Optimum cable, and knows the city, is Nickelodeon or ESPN or ABC or any channel in my lineup. if i can manage to pronunciate correctly, it knows exactly what # channel ESPN is. i mean if i said go to channel 25 (which is CNN), i can understand bc just numbers, but i can say go to CNN. that is wild...

Decker 02-23-21 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13895630)
I can’t even remember the last time I was excited about GWG releases.

Yeah those are some shit titles even when not compared to the awesome offerings of Playstation Plus.

OldBoy 02-23-21 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13895594)

is Metal Slug 3 any good? i remember i had a version on something, i liked, original Nintendo, maybe?

lacubs 03-02-21 10:25 AM

just curious why isn't EA adding the Series X version of Madden? instead of the normal one? just out of curiously , of course i already bought mine Madden when its first came out

fujishig 03-02-21 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by lacubs (Post 13899157)
just curious why isn't EA adding the Series X version of Madden? instead of the normal one?

I thought the normal one includes Series X? Do they even sell an Xbox One only version?

lacubs 03-02-21 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13899159)
I thought the normal one includes Series X? Do they even sell an Xbox One only version?

or can they add any versions they want to gamepass?

Music 03-02-21 01:16 PM

I played the Series version about an hour ago without issue.

And yes, there are separate generation versions.

fujishig 03-02-21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Music (Post 13899265)
I played the Series version about an hour ago without issue.

And yes, there are separate generation versions.

For some reason I couldn't find a version of Madden 21 that didn't come with a free upgrade to the Series X version.

Sonny Corinthos 03-02-21 03:08 PM

Has anyone had any luck getting one of these? I have seen nothing online.

Dan 03-02-21 06:30 PM

On Twitter, do this:
https://i.imgur.com/wk0gOVv.jpg

It'll be annoying at first, because he tweets deals about all sorts of stuff, but when the good shit hits, take action. I've seen him tweet about console availability quite a bit.

OldBoy 03-02-21 06:58 PM

So why would I start downloading a game yesterday. Shit my series x off bc supposed to download while off. I turn it on today and seems to start up again as if off since last night. I made sure storage still on when Xbox off, didn’t exactly see game download option, but always did before.

Rob V 03-03-21 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13899465)
So why would I start downloading a game yesterday. Shit my series x off bc supposed to download while off. I turn it on today and seems to start up again as if off since last night. I made sure storage still on when Xbox off, didn’t exactly see game download option, but always did before.

The what now? "Shit my series"?