DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Series X - 11/10/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649337-xbox-series-x-11-10-20-a.html)

Noonan 09-22-20 08:38 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 13809963)
Not that it helped with the PS4 clusterfuck, but also a reminder to be logged into said site and have your payment plan saved so you only have a couple of clicks to buy.

With it being a scheduled go-live, you'll have to deal with bots as well. Good luck to anyone going for one! I'm holding off on the Series X/S for now.

fujishig 09-22-20 09:23 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13807520)
:lol: I had thought of that too. But you never know. They can take this
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...3abfc4c9ba.png
and turn it into this
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...7cd1b7b64c.png

This may seem really dumb, but I'm waffling on just waiting it out for a redesign at this point. I think this thing looks fine vertical but terrible horizontal (especially with the non removable stand, and they seem to always take pictures of it from its "good side") and a coat of paint isn't going to do much.

Eh, who am I kidding, I'll probably get it anyway. But ugh.

OldBoy 09-22-20 09:50 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
so you can't put this horizontal? and can you hook up existing hard drives?

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:01 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Nothing working for me. Slow loading.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:02 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Amazon is down. Best Buy not loading. Target frozen.

Rob V 09-22-20 10:03 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
^^ Same for me... shitshow. Microsoft down too.

Best Buy is loading for me but it just says "coming soon".

maxfisher 09-22-20 10:06 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Amazon came back for me, but is the same placeholder page with no option to order. Best Buy still shows coming soon..

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:06 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I had it in my cart at Wal-Mart and sold out. Looks like bots win again. This is no different than a Funko release or a shoes release.

stingermck 09-22-20 10:07 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Nothing on my end. Surprise surprise.

Noonan 09-22-20 10:07 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Every retailer should implement the "I'm not a Robot" authentication.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:07 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13810025)
Amazon came back for me, but is the same placeholder page with no option to order. Best Buy still shows coming soon..

Same. Target won't even let me add it to my cart. Gamestop says you're in line but they've been saying that since a few days ago.

maxfisher 09-22-20 10:11 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13810028)
Every retailer should implement the "I'm not a Robot" authentication.

Or just require you to fill out a form and request access to the preorder a week or so in advance, then only let confirmed customers purchase them with a limit of one each.

Noonan 09-22-20 10:12 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by maxfisher (Post 13810030)
Or just require you to fill out a form and request access to the preorder a week or so in advance, then only let confirmed customers purchase them with a limit of one each.

What would stop bots from doing the same thing to the forms using different email addresses for each order?

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:13 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Newegg not working either. Wal-Mart showing sold out.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:14 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I don't remember it being this hard for the Xbox One and that was in the middle of the day.

Rob V 09-22-20 10:14 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I give up... I'm not going to spend another minute hitting "refresh". This will mostly likely be the first time I don't get a console at launch but, truthfully, I don't really care all that much. I will definitely pick both up and I really would like to get my son one for Xmas... but I can wait until the dust settles and these things are prominent.

fujishig 09-22-20 10:15 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 13810026)
I had it in my cart at Wal-Mart and sold out. Looks like bots win again. This is no different than a Funko release or a shoes release.

If it works like the PS5 did, you can try and try again until it shows sold out on the actual site. I know I had to try a few times to get the PS5.

As far as amazon goes: at least the dogs are cute.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:16 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13810035)
If it works like the PS5 did, you can try and try again until it shows sold out on the actual site. I know I had to try a few times to get the PS5.

As far as amazon goes: at least the dogs are cute.

It already says sold out.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:17 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13810034)
I give up... I'm not going to spend another minute hitting "refresh". This will mostly likely be the first time I don't get a console at launch but, truthfully, I don't really care all that much. I will definitely pick both up and I really would like to get my son one for Xmas... but I can wait until the dust settles and these things are prominent.

Maybe there will be more. If not, it'll be the first time I miss out as well.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:19 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
So MS was like "at least we have the exact time you can pre-order" and then they end up having more issues than Sony.

Schloob1 09-22-20 10:20 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Got through on my Target app, was driving me crazy as took quite a while saying card not right, and every other excuse for it not to get through. Only part don’t like is that it gets delivered and can’t pick up on release date at store.

maxfisher 09-22-20 10:21 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13810031)
What would stop bots from doing the same thing to the forms using different email addresses for each order?

Some people might do that, but it'd make it harder for the bots. Amazon could also limit it by shipping address.

I managed to add to my cart at Target, but the cart keeps timing out. Oh well.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:21 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Amazon showing Series X unavailable now.

tonyc3742 09-22-20 10:21 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Yep that sucked. MS site crashed, Target keeps saying "it's in your cart" then "your cart is empty". I'm on a checkout screen on Gamestop but it's just spinning. Never even saw it at best buy or Amazon. Walmart lets me go through but then says 'we're out, saving in your cart' after completing the order.
Yeah...registered users, sign up early, do a bot check, limit 1.
I guess I'll check back throughout the day and see if someone's credit card bounced.
And then out of curiousity browse Ebay in a few days. NOT to buy one, I will never buy a scalped anything, but just to see how many scumbags there are. And of course Ebay could refuse to list newly released consoles for over retail price, but why would they do that.

nickdawgy 09-22-20 10:22 AM

Re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 13810040)
Got through on my Target app, was driving me crazy as took quite a while saying card not right, and every other excuse for it not to get through. Only part donít like is that it gets delivered and canít pick up on release date at store.

Mine keeps saying "oops something went wrong."


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.