DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Series X - 11/10/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/649337-xbox-series-x-11-10-20-a.html)

RichC2 09-09-20 11:03 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I'm all digital these days, or 99% of the time at least. So is the Series S fully compatible with Series X titles?

Coral 09-09-20 11:12 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
That box does look sexy... normally the box the product comes in means nothing to me.


Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13802933)
^^ $600 Canadian dollaridoos! My goodness.
It makes sense with the conversion rate, but still. I feel for my friends up North, but then I remember they don't have to deal with {REDACTED}. ;)

Yeah, it's pricey... but it's actually lower than the exchange rate... when converted from USD to CAD it comes out to $656... so we get a $50 break.

If by some miracle MS announces that you can use the external NMVe drive to run Windows 10 on the Series X - I'm buying it Day 1.
Otherwise, I'm probably going to wait for the price to drop a bit.
I have a One X, so even if the Series S is more powerful - it's not as big a jump as I want/need. I plan on playing Flight Simulator on it - so that's going to need all the juice possible.

Decker 09-09-20 11:39 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13802939)
I'm all digital these days, or 99% of the time at least. So is the Series S fully compatible with Series X titles?

Yes, though it won’t play them in 4K.

Sonny Corinthos 09-10-20 09:57 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
:lol: Stupid I know, but I went to GameStop and asked how they were going to do pre-orders? The girl behind the counter said, I don't know, but if you want a system and controllers, you better pre-order because they have already said we wasn't going to get any extras to sell. I was like, I figured that, that's why I wanted to know how things will be set up. If I didn't have so much store credit, I wouldn't even fool with them.

Deftones 09-10-20 10:43 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Unboxing


@Wario64: Unbox Therapy: Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S Model Unboxing https://t.co/uH8YaA2jkg

Music 09-10-20 11:02 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

milo bloom 09-10-20 11:03 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
They both look better in real life, seeing him handle the units and comparing the size to a PS4.

They're just the shells though, not working units.

Coral 09-10-20 11:56 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
The X doesn't look large at all. I really like the look of it.
The S looks tiny.

Schloob1 09-10-20 12:26 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Noticed that they have taken the HDMI In out of this now. Right now I do not have a 4K tv but still looking to get the X since I don't have a 4k player either and want the best possible once I do upgrade my tv. Right now my Day 1 has been really acting up on me the last few months so figure might as well get a new system.

EinCB 09-10-20 12:37 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Hmm...don't think the Series X would be able to fit in the small space where I currently have my One X. I'll figure something out. Looking forward to the Series X. :thumbsup:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0f423f0635.jpg

milo bloom 09-10-20 12:46 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by EinCB (Post 13803258)
Hmm...don't think the Series X would be able to fit in the small space where I currently have my One X. I'll figure something out. Looking forward to the Series X. :thumbsup:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...0f423f0635.jpg

If you put the X on it's side, it looks about the height of our receiver so I think it would fit in most entertainment system shelving that has an AV set up too.

redrum 09-10-20 12:53 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
So is xbox one x still better than the series s? it has 6 teraflops vs 4 for series s.

or does the way better cpu propel the series s ahead of it?

Dan 09-10-20 12:57 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
^ the latter should be true. Teraflops are only one aspect... literally everything else should escalate the Series S over the One X.
But, that said... I'm sure the folks at Digital Foundry will be diving deep into that stuff the second they get a chance.

spainlinx0 09-10-20 02:47 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Don't forget that the S has an SSD. That is a HUGE factor for load times.

tonyc3742 09-10-20 04:43 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I'm sorry, I'm still boggling as to the physical design of the X.
Aren't most home theater storage units horizontal and narrow? I don't even know if that will fit in mine. And I could put it beside it but that kinda defeats the purpose of having an entertainment center.

So Series S (the digital one) is more powerful than the current One X? (with the exception of not supporting 4k)

RichC2 09-10-20 05:09 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by tonyc3742 (Post 13803427)
I'm sorry, I'm still boggling as to the physical design of the X.
Aren't most home theater storage units horizontal and narrow? I don't even know if that will fit in mine. And I could put it beside it but that kinda defeats the purpose of having an entertainment center.

So Series S (the digital one) is more powerful than the current One X? (with the exception of not supporting 4k)

Somebody else mentioned this but it's about the size of a receiver, but it doesn't go as far back. I think it should fit in most home entertainment centers when laid horizontally, at least ones with adjustable or open shelves. It's only about 6" tall (two Xbox Ones stacked on top of each other)

It's an odd design to be sure, but I don't think too many people will run into a major issue with it. That unpacking video actually shed a lot of light onto it.

Coral 09-10-20 07:05 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I think the bigger problem may be the PS5... it's not as high when flipped horizontally, but because it's so tall - when horizontal it could be too wide for some entertainment centers or racks.

Deftones 09-10-20 07:37 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Oh hell yeah...


@Dolby: Introducing the next level of gaming.⁣

The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are the first consoles ever with gaming in Dolby Vision® (coming soon) and Dolby Atmos® (available at launch).⁣⁣
⁣⁣
@Xbox, welcome to gaming in Dolby. https://t.co/5lkpVT8ntb


nickdawgy 09-10-20 08:47 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Nice.

milo bloom 09-11-20 09:09 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I've been assuming all along but I guess I should confirm: the Series X will play 4K movie discs, right? Cause that's a big reason why I want one.

Coral 09-11-20 09:13 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 13803710)
I've been assuming all along but I guess I should confirm: the Series X will play 4K movie discs, right? Cause that's a big reason why I want one.

Yep, just like the One X and One S - it has a UHD-BD drives in it.

Dan 09-11-20 09:18 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Yep 100%.
it's just not clear if it'll support Dolby Vision from 4K movie discs or if it'll be limited to HDR10 like the current consoles. Not a deal breaker by any means, but frustrating if they leave that out especially after the announcement that they're doing DV for games.

milo bloom 09-11-20 09:55 AM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 

Originally Posted by Coral (Post 13803712)
Yep, just like the One X and One S - it has a UHD-BD drives in it.


Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13803714)
Yep 100%.
it's just not clear if it'll support Dolby Vision from 4K movie discs or if it'll be limited to HDR10 like the current consoles. Not a deal breaker by any means, but frustrating if they leave that out especially after the announcement that they're doing DV for games.

Thanks, we have a One S in the bedroom, with the PS4Pro and Switch in the living room. Both are 4K displays, but I want to be able to watch on the big screen with the surround sound.

Deftones 09-11-20 02:25 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
Sign up page for pre-orders @ Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...t1560455091535

nickdawgy 09-11-20 02:38 PM

re: Xbox Series X - 11/10/20
 
I wonder what time on the 22nd. Midnight? 10am?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.