DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Resident Evil 3 - PS4, XB1 (4/3/20)

Meet Jillīs face model Sasha Zotova

Old 03-16-20, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Resident Evil 3 demo will begin on March 19 at 12am ET on Xbox One and 1pm ET on PlayStation 4 and PC (Steam). The Resident Evil Resistance Open beta will start March 27 at 3am ET on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and 1pm ET on PC (Steam). The Open Beta will end on April 3.
https://www.ign.com/articles/residen...ng-on-march-27
Old 03-17-20, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice. Already pre-ordered it but I suppose I "may" check out the demo. I don't want to spoil too much for myself though.
Old 03-19-20, 09:38 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Played a few minutes of demo. Very good. Looks great. I never played old, but in line with newest RE2. Didnít play too much, but nice controls.
Old 03-25-20, 02:51 AM
Cool New Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard pretty good things about the demo, and might actually check it out if it sticks with me as I'm not a big fan of the horror genre
Old 03-30-20, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

• VG247: 3/5 "It’s still worth playing, but Resident Evil 3 Remake is a step backwards for Capcom, coming off the back of one of the best games of last year." Reviewed on PS4 Pro.
  • Eurogamer: "At times brilliant, but not a patch on its predecessor." Reviewed on PS4.
  • IGN: 9/10 "With a sublimely detailed world and breakneck survival-horror gameplay, Resident Evil 3 is just as good as its 2019 predecessor." Reviewed on PS4.
  • PCGamesN: 7/10 "A great follow-up to last year's Resident Evil 2 Remake, but it loses some magic by upping the pace."
  • PC Gamer: 58/100 "A disappointing step back for the series." Reviewed on RTX 2080 Super, Intel i7-9700K, 16GB RAM.
  • Polygon: "Like last year’s game, Resident Evil 3 is a great example of what a video game remake should be. It’s just that the source material is a little less impressive this time around — and so is the end result." Reviewed on PS4.
  • Game Informer: 9/10 "With this remake, Capcom has greatly improved one of my least-loved entries in the series." Reviewed on Xbox One.
  • Windows Central: 4.5/5 "While a couple of things could've been tweaked to provide a longer experience, Capcom provides a fantastic survival horror remake that carefully balances the action with the terror." Reviewed on Xbox One X.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 03-30-20 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-30-20, 08:54 PM

That’s some mixed reviews. But, most positive and glad I preordered. Was charged or gift carded last week...
Old 03-30-20, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally got around to playing the demo... Only took about 15 minutes to run through it though.

Knife now no longer has durability as it's unbreakable. This is a good thing considering how much more action is in RE3 than RE2.

The new dodge mechanics work nicely for jumping back while firing at zombies in a narrow hall way, but I had mixed results with using it during close combat often resulting in getting bitten trying to utilize the dodge to run past the zombie.

Zombies still take several bullets to the head sometimes. I found myself shooting zombies 3-4 times in the head with the pistol before they go down sometimes. Though sometimes a single shot will do a headshot. However using the shotgun a single shot to the chest would take the zombie out for good. So the shotgun will definitely be my best friend as usual in RE games, provided we maintain enough ammo of course.

Graphics look as great as ever.

Nemesis is still far more terrifying than Mr. X or Jack ever thought about being. Also I threw everything I had at him: two grendades, 3 shotgun blasts, and about 30 rounds from the handgun and nothing seemed to faze him. Luckily it was close to the end of the demo and I was able to run back around and to the place I needed to go with him right on my tail and the demo ended. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'd have done.

Honestly based on the demo alone... I can already say that 2 is more my jam and overall going to be better received than 3. RE fans generally prefer the slower horror aspect over the balls to the wall action but oh boy running from Nemesis for a large part of the game is going to be terrorfyingly frustrating I bet.

I doubt I'll get through RE3 nearly as quickly as I did RE2 though... and I'm really hoping they go on to remake Code Veronica and some of the other side-games now that 2 & 3 are done.
Old 03-31-20, 09:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is a dumb question but have these remasters changed the controls? I tried the gamecube versions and just couldnt figure it out. If i push forward will i go forward etc etc now?
Old 03-31-20, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MR Round View Post
I know this is a dumb question but have these remasters changed the controls? I tried the gamecube versions and just couldnt figure it out. If i push forward will i go forward etc etc now?
yes, it's all normal controlling...
Old 03-31-20, 11:08 AM

You don’t really have to finish 2 to play this, correct?
Old 03-31-20, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
You donít really have to finish 2 to play this, correct?
Nope. While the RE games all tell a much larger connected story, each individual game is done in a way that the story is also somewhat contained so that you can jump in at any game and not feel like you're missing out on some larger picture.

RE3 begins a day before RE2 in the timeline but then it goes like a day after the events of RE2. The Remake might shake this up a bit, idk though.