Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Immortals: Fenyx Rising (Ubisoft, all platforms, 12/3/20)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Immortals: Fenyx Rising (Ubisoft, all platforms, 12/3/20)

Old 05-23-22, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 175 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Immortals: Fenyx Rising (Ubisoft, all platforms, 12/3/20)

Imagine having to read words on here from one of us for every single puzzle you are stuck on. I'm not sure what is a better way for you to solve each puzzle. Does it suck? Absolutely. However, it is better than being forever stuck on a puzzle and not being able to move on. I'm using videos to help me beat challenges and get minikits in the new Lego Skywalker game. It is tedious, but less tedious than spending an hour running around aimlessly to accomplish the same thing.
Old 05-23-22, 11:14 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 493 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Imagine having to read words on here from one of us for every single puzzle you are stuck on. I'm not sure what is a better way for you to solve each puzzle. Does it suck? Absolutely. However, it is better than being forever stuck on a puzzle and not being able to move on. I'm using videos to help me beat challenges and get minikits in the new Lego Skywalker game. It is tedious, but less tedious than spending an hour running around aimlessly to accomplish the same thing.
i'm not asking anyone for tips on a particular vault or challenge. i was merely asking if there are in-game clues to figure out these puzzles. that's all. i see blue floating guys near challenges sometime, but not sure what they are about.
Old 05-23-22, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts

Don’t play this right after playing one of the more recent AC releases. Apparently it’s by the same team, and I found it to be too “samey”. After hundreds of hours of AC Valhalla (oh god, why won’t it end) I was burnt out on the formula.
Old 05-23-22, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 434 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
Donít play this right after playing one of the more recent AC releases. Apparently itís by the same team, and I found it to be too ďsameyĒ. After hundreds of hours of AC Valhalla (oh god, why wonít it end) I was burnt out on the formula.
Literally the first line of the first post in the thread.
Old 05-24-22, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
Literally the first line of the first post in the thread.
Same team doesnít automatically mean same formula, which, with the exception of the puzzle element is. I probably would have been better off playing this game instead of Valhalla.
Old 06-02-22, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iím currently trying to make my way up the mountain in the snow. One of the final battles I believe
Old 06-02-22, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lycanfyre View Post
Iím currently trying to make my way up the mountain in the snow. One of the final battles I believe
me too! it's a tough road to climb, but as long as you follow fires, i guess. and it's the longest single quest by far. don't we still have to go to Gates of Tartaros area and fight Typhon before end? this isn't his home base, is it?

this has been a tough game. the puzzles are unbelievably hard sometimes. i legitimately want to know how you are supposed to figure this stuff out without looking at a guide online, and then still want to know how they figured it out? as i said maddening, but i do like the game a lot. just some things i would change. using far site as, Quest mentioned, can take a long time to find all the stuff. i do hope there will be another game though.
Old 06-03-22, 05:45 PM

how did you figure out puzzles without outside help?
Old 06-09-22, 02:04 PM

so, i just finished the main campaign. boy, was that fun. so, i'm onto the DLCs. are they any good? any particular one i should start with and is it more of the same, just different missions? thanks.
Old 06-09-22, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,070 Likes on 2,034 Posts

Here's your answer.
Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
The Season Pass for this ended up being quite a big disappointment. The first DLC was just a bunch more of the trials just way harder then any in the main game. The second DLC was the only good one and played basically the same as the main game just with Chinese mythology and characters. The third DLC was a top down brawler and was a frustrating experience to play.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (06-09-22)