Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Blizzcon 2019...WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft, Diablo...

Old 11-01-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Blizzcon 2019...WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft, Diablo...

Hello All

Once again Blizzcon is here starting today with lots of rumors, speculations, hopes, controversies, excitement, mind boggling cos-play and tournaments....

Here is a link to the Official Site.... https://blizzcon.com/en-us/

Here is link to the weekend schedule..... https://blizzcon.com/en-us/schedule#fri-nov-1

As to the rumors, Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 and Diablo 2:Remastered and WoW next expansion...but by far the biggest mysteries that surround Blizzcon this year are Six Unannounced Slots...four today on the Mythic Stage and two tomorrow. In the past the Mythic Stage Day 1 has been when huge reveals have happened and there's four unannounced slots all back-to-back today....

But by far Diablo is the main focus this year after getting nothing back in 2017 and last years disasterous near riot with the Diablo: Imortal for mobile bypassing PC and Console giving them the finger instead. In the last week there has been solid rumors...from those who have had a proven track record that indeed Diablo 4 will be announced...no-one knows if gameplay/demo will be shown but in the past Blizzard has always had a knockout cinematic presentation...plus along with Diablo 4 there's substantial belief that a Diablo 2:Remastered will be released. As to the content and rumor as to what Diablo 4 might be...here is what the source said...

“Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.”..... https://www.shacknews.com/article/11...en-in-diablo-2

As to Overwatch 2....it will be made with a entire new engine. It will feature both PvE and PvP along with a new leveling system....
In a few hours, we shall soon know....

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-01-19 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-01-19, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Blizzcon 2019...WoW, Overwatch, Starcraft, Diablo...

I used to get the virtual pass and watch every year but last year they jacked up the price and I didnt care about the in game stuff so I just watched the opening presentation (since it was free).

I am excited to see what the announcements are. The only Blizzard game I'm still currently playing is Overwatch (PC).
Old 11-01-19, 12:57 PM

Hopefully they have vetted everything they are going to say and announce with the Chinese government ahead of time.
Old 11-01-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's some diablo 4 artwork from that book thats coming out.

I'm hoping that Diablo 2 remastered makes it to consoles. And maybe a surprise release of .... today?
Old 11-01-19, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's official...Diablo 4 is real...great cinematic and even gamplay footage. It's darker, demon like, gritty, gory.....great way to start out of the gate....

Diablo 4 Cinematic Opening....

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-01-19 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-01-19, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Diablo 4 Gameplay Footage....

Old 11-01-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Overwatch 2 Trailer....a long one but pretty solid...

Old 11-01-19, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like what I see from Diablo IV. If they can keep to their vision of taking the best things from each game (atmosphere from Diablo, loot system from Diablo II, and combat from Diablo III) then they'll have a winner on their hands. Having mounts is a pretty interesting idea.

Now we have to play the waiting game.
Old 11-01-19, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope Diablo IV is a next-gen launch title.
Old 11-01-19, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

During the Diablo IV overview panel it was mentioned that it's "not coming out soon, not even Blizzard soon" so I'm betting maybe a 2022 launch.
Old 11-01-19, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Don't care about Overwatch at all. Never played nor had any interest in the first one. D3 was fun, might get D4 when it's cheap. Shadowlands looks okay, kind of dumb they're fucking with the level system again. Is this going to be like the squish? Since the new cap will be 60, are we gonna have like 20k hp or something? So stupid.

I just came back to WoW after not playing since MoP. So I have been playing WoD, Legion, and BFA content. I swear if I need to get a "Shadowlands Pathfinder" achievement to fly.....
Old 11-02-19, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nickdawgy View Post
Don't care about Overwatch at all. Never played nor had any interest in the first one. D3 was fun, might get D4 when it's cheap. Shadowlands looks okay, kind of dumb they're fucking with the level system again. Is this going to be like the squish? Since the new cap will be 60, are we gonna have like 20k hp or something? So stupid.

I just came back to WoW after not playing since MoP. So I have been playing WoD, Legion, and BFA content. I swear if I need to get a "Shadowlands Pathfinder" achievement to fly.....
I've never played WoW but have always been intrigued by the pull, look and sheer amount of support and players. I've often thought about giving a go but I already have the PS4 with plenty games going, need to finish and coming.. I was doing Elder Scrolls...have four characters...but it's one where you really need to play a decent amount to get your money worth and that $14 a month was not adding up with playtime. Hence one reason why I haven't got into WoW as it seems as huge to do, explore, level up, get involved and progress. One minute it seems like it's great to get in and try and next some don't like what they've done here and there...just like Bethesda with Elder Scrolls. But with ESO, if you wanted to do the harder areas with better loot, getting into a matchmaking group was a pain as players would drop out if they saw it wasn't strong enough. Still wouldn't mind giving a shot though...just no idea where to start...and been awhile playing any game on the PC...
Old 11-02-19, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
Still wouldn't mind giving a shot though...just no idea where to start...and been awhile playing any game on the PC...
They've done a lot to try to make it easier for new players to get into it. You can do a "class trial" of all the classes, which basically lets you fart around with a max level character to see how they work. That way you can better decide what class you want to be before you start the leveling process. Plus they've really streamlined the leveling process so it goes MUCH quicker than it has in the past. And when you buy BFA, you get a 110 level character boost, so you can completely skip the old leveling content if you want to.
Old 11-02-19, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone over at the official Diablo Forums posted on what they thought and saw after playing the D4 Demo....I'll just paste what he thought of...one very interesting part he got to play though...

According to him, there was like a Dungeon Normal Boss but there was a World Boss that took 10 Players 10 minutes to beat....

I played the demo with all classes. By far, Sorceress felt the best to play. Druid was very cool but shapeshifting was a bit disjointed. Barbarian was bland but… that’s just my opinion.

New graphics and lightning systems are amazing. They are very similar to Path of Exile and Wolcen. Also, armor and items are much more detailed overall, especially compared to Diablo III. The character screen shows a full 360 rotatable model of your character

Game seems more dark/gothic than Diablo III and that is a good think. Also, much more realistic and less impressionistic art style. Also a good thing.Even though you could not select other skills or talents, you could see most of what is planned now. Some of it similar to Diablo III but overall, much cooler spells and abilities. Except for Barbarian.

Voice acting, sound effects, production values were all top notch. Extremely well done.

I completed every public event, quest and dungeon in the game. It was quite a large and polished demo for just BlizzCon. The biggest boss in the demo took about 10 players about 10 minutes to beat. I loved the solo and public events TBH.

Also Icey-Veins has a good article up with a lot of concept art.... https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...t-art-classes/

Last edited by K&AJones; 11-02-19 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-05-19, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gameinformer was able to play a lot of the demo and Blizzard allowed them to post nearly 250 minutes of gameplay....this is with the Barbarian and they said later this week they'll have the other two characters....

Old 11-06-19, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We should have a separate thread for Diablo IV
Old 11-07-19, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post

I agree...Gameinformer is showcasing all three classes with extended gameplay. I watched the Sorceress last night. As I said on the official Diablo Forums....they might say this game is a ways off but I also think this game is further ahead than what we're being told. They have a lot of the foundation set...classes, menu, loadouts, abilities, design or maps, etc...this wasn't some short CGI & Gameplay Footage...it was a full fledged playable demo that lasts a good while. I'll probably go ahead and start one maybe this weekend....

...and Blizzard announce a huge 24 inch tall $500.00 statue of the main villain, Lilith...this is a major WOW... https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/h...from-diablo-4/
Old 11-07-19, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
Eh, we've got time.