DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/648394-xbox-game-pass-game-pass-ultimate.html)

EinCB 12-03-19 10:12 PM

Re: Xbox Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate

Claim the 3 free months from Nitro on your Xbox One and when you log into your Nitro account on a desktop, you can claim 3 free months for either Game Pass on PC or Xbox One.

Jay G. 12-04-19 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by EinCB (Post 13649769)
Claim the 3 free months from Nitro on your Xbox One and when you log into your Nitro account on a desktop, you can claim 3 free months for either Game Pass on PC or Xbox One.

What's Nitro?

Dan 12-04-19 08:28 AM

^ Discord premium, basically.
https://discordapp.com/nitro

Get an enhanced Discord experience for one low, monthly cost. Customize your profile with a unique tag, access animated emojis, enjoy bigger file uploads, boost your favorite server, and more.

Decker 12-04-19 08:43 AM

Um, what is discord? :blush:

Dan 12-04-19 11:12 PM

:lol:
gamer-centric social network. Kind of a modernized IRC chat sort of thing.
Don't worry... I don't get it either. :lol: but "everyone" has a discord channel or server or whatever now.

Dan 12-07-19 08:54 AM

holy balls.

I just switched (I won't be charged until September 2022 anyway, because of the years I have stacked), but we'll see if MS fixes this. :lol:

$0.05/day = $18.25/year.

Decker 12-07-19 09:37 AM

Yup, I just did the same. And I am good for the same period of time as well. :lol:

Deftones 12-07-19 10:39 AM

I am good through May 2022 and just switched over. Pretty sure MS will catch on to this. :lol:

EinCB 12-07-19 03:59 PM

Deal's dead, it seems. Damn it.

The Questyen 12-07-19 07:09 PM

Not sure why we needed this in 3 separate threads when it's most certainly going to get cancelled.

Dan 12-07-19 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Questyen (Post 13651677)
Not sure why we needed this in 3 separate threads when it's most certainly going to get cancelled.

Not sure why we need to post anything at all in a sub forum with like 10 active members.

:lol:

spainlinx0 12-31-19 08:37 AM

I just played Minit and I would recommend it. It's a top down game, simplistic graphics, Zelda style. The quirk is that after 60 seconds, you die, but it does save your items. It's kind of a mix of a puzzle and action game. I usually don't like timed games like this, but it didn't feel stressful at all having that counter going, and plenty of times I just force-killed myself to start over knowing a quicker way to do things. It's a fun little diversion.

Giantrobo 12-31-19 03:21 PM

Finally canceled my 15y Sub to LIVE. I don't have an XBOX One so I'm not even sure if I should try this Ult Gamer Pass thing...

OldBoy 12-31-19 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 13663395)
Finally canceled my 15y Sub to LIVE. I don't have an XBOX One so I'm not even sure if I should try this Ult Gamer Pass thing...

am i missing something? why would you if you don't own an XBOX One?

fujishig 12-31-19 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13663449)

It also works on PC, maybe that's what he's talking about?

OldBoy 12-31-19 04:59 PM

Ah.

EinCB 01-03-20 02:37 PM

Spiderbite 01-06-20 01:59 PM

^Yeah, I downloaded it yesterday. My only issue is I hope they keep it up there for a long time because it will likely take me forever to finish it.

Currently finishing up on Mafia III so this will be a nice segue to a new game.

mattysemo247 01-06-20 02:29 PM

I highly recommend My Friend Pedro. I just started it last night and was instantly hooked. The game makes you feel like a stylish badass and has an awesome soundtrack.

Giantrobo 01-06-20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13663449)

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 13663450)
It also works on PC, maybe that's what he's talking about?

My LIVE cancellation is temporary. I'm actually still enjoying free GOLD games on the 360 :lol: . Well, I was till my controllers started acting up. :lol: By the time I get a XBOX ONE the next XBOX will be out. :lol:

spainlinx0 01-07-20 12:49 PM

Never played Hollow Knight before. It really makes me feel like I have lost quite a bit of skill as a gamer. I am dying frequently.

EinCB 01-07-20 04:49 PM

Hollow Knight is one of the best games of the last decade - don't give up on it. :thumbsup:

mattysemo247 01-07-20 10:34 PM

It's funny that you mentioned Hollow Knight. I also tried it out for the first time a couple nights ago and it didn't really grab me. I did like the art style though.

spainlinx0 01-08-20 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by EinCB (Post 13667096)
Hollow Knight is one of the best games of the last decade - don't give up on it. :thumbsup:

I'm liking it a lot so I don't plan on giving up until I finish it, but damn some parts surprise me when I die. It doesn't feel like it's a tough section; I just blow it spectacularly sometimes.

spainlinx0 01-09-20 11:08 AM

OK, I may plan on giving up. I may have reached my patience and skill limit at this point in my life. The bosses take way too many hits now, and they have so many annoying attacks.

EinCB 01-27-20 06:38 PM

Whatever games it is - they confirmed they will also be coming to PC. Yakuza, Yakuza, Yakuza. -pray-

Decker 01-27-20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13651461)
holy balls.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1203324436574687232

I just switched (I won't be charged until September 2022 anyway, because of the years I have stacked), but we'll see if MS fixes this. :lol:

$0.05/day = $18.25/year.

Got a message today that they are "No longer offering" the daily rate for GPU (not exactly shocking) and will be going back to the previous billing cycle. As an apology, they gave me a code for GPU for ... 2 weeks!

Dan 01-27-20 09:11 PM

Yeah they did the same for me.
When I redeemed the code, I was offered an extra free month if I enabled recurring billing.
So 6 extra free weeks for the "hassle" of their mistake. Not bad! :cool:

Deftones 01-28-20 05:16 PM

I haven't received anything yet from them.

EinCB 02-05-20 08:03 PM

Final Fantasy XV is being released tomorrow, supposedly.

Deftones 02-06-20 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 13678714)
I haven't received anything yet from them.

I did get something. It was a message on live. I was looking for an email.

Dan 02-18-20 09:37 AM

Coming soon to Game Pass...

spainlinx0 02-18-20 10:58 AM

Looking forward to playing Yakuza.

Decker 02-18-20 11:29 AM

Two Point Hospital comes to Game Pass on the day it launches on consoles. That's pretty cool actually (as I own that Yakuza game already, it's nice to get a title at launch).
It looks pretty silly but potentially kind of fun for a bit. Not a game I would buy, but one I am willing to try out.

EinCB 02-20-20 11:21 AM

• February 20th

Ninja Gaiden II

• February 25th

Kingdom Hearts III – Xbox One X Enhanced

Two Point Hospital – Xbox One X Enhanced

Wasteland Remastered – Xbox Play Anywhere

• February 26th

Yakuza 0

• February 27th

Jackbox Party Pack 3

• March 13th

State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition – Xbox One and Windows 10 PC

gerrythedon 03-19-20 12:02 AM

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Members Will Now Get Free DLC and More

As of today, March 18, Ultimate members can redeem the following four perks:
  • Phantasy Star Online 2: "Enter the world of one of Japan’s biggest online RPGs with a special content bundle, which includes unique emotes, in-game cosmetics including an Xbox jacket, a gold ticket Mission Pass and in-game currency with a Meseta Crystal. Available to members in the US and Canada only."
  • World of Tanks: Mercenaries: "A global multiplayer free-to-play game dedicated to tank warfare in the mid-20th century. Start your journey with three powerful tanks and more!"
  • Sea of Thieves: "The essential pirate experience, from sailing and fighting to exploring and looting – everything you need to live the pirate life and become a legend in your own right. With Perks, you get a free Ori-inspired Ancestral Sails, Figurehead, Hull, and Flag to adorn your ship."
  • Smite: "Become divine in the #1 MOBA on Xbox, with a bundle that unlocks five Gods, special character skins and voice packs so you can ride into the battle of the Gods in style. With Smite, join a community of 30 million players and defend your portal in showdowns in the Collesium."

New perks will be added alongside additions to the Game Pass catalog. You can find them within the Xbox Game Pass tab, in the new Xbox app on Windows 10 PC, or within the Xbox Game Pass mobile app.

The announcement comes alongside a raft of upcoming additions to and removals from Game Pass for console and PC:

Joining Console

• Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Kona
  • The Surge 2 – Xbox One X Enhanced
  • Bleeding Edge – Xbox One X Enhanced / Xbox Play Anywhere
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid

Joining PC

• Astrologaster
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • The Surge 2

Leaving Console

• Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Golf Club 2
  • LEGO Worlds
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun
  • Vampyr

Leaving PC

• Battle Chef Brigade
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Kingsway
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Vampyr
https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-ga...perks-free-dlc

gerrythedon 03-19-20 12:04 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To ensure we adhere to CDC-recommended social distancing guidelines, we will be selling DOOM Eternal a day early on Thursday, 3/19 as a safety precaution for our customers and associates. Animal Crossing will release on Friday 3/20 to further help separate the crowds.</p>&mdash; GameStop (@GameStop) <a href="https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1240447268102246400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2020</a></blockquote>

EinCB 04-02-20 02:50 PM

Dan 04-02-20 03:16 PM

^ damn good game. I did three playthroughs on PS4 (there's technically 26 endings, right?)... not sure I'd want to start over on XO, though...

tonyc3742 04-02-20 03:47 PM

Downloading now! (45GB, I'm going to turn the XBone on early today.)
I'm still playing Slay the Spire - I unlocked a fourth character the other day.
I'm almost done with the first quest path for Lord of the Rings Adventure Card Game. The tutorial quest is quite well done to teach you the game. I've played ACGs in meatspace but not this one, it does a couple things differently from Pathfinder and Apocrypha.

That's a real phone number in the tweet...