Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

Old 08-26-21, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
Re: Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (PS, Xbox, Switch, PC - Spring 2022)

It'd be nice if those who pre-ordered got something above and beyond the pre-order stuff they were offering initially. We've stayed pretty loyal all things considered.
Old 08-26-21, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 478 Likes on 341 Posts

Old 08-26-21, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 434 Posts

Is that for all systems? Weíve got all three modern consoles, not sure which would be best.
Old 08-26-21, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 563 Likes on 459 Posts

Have to admit the trailer for this is looking good. I may get suckered into buying this at some point. I probably would get it for Switch personally.
Old 08-27-21, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My kid has been a big fan of the Lego games since he could pick up a controller, he learned about Star Wars via the games before I could show him the movies.

We'll probably do Switch also since we have a dock version plus two Lites in the household.
Old 08-30-21, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
It'd be nice if those who pre-ordered got something above and beyond the pre-order stuff they were offering initially. We've stayed pretty loyal all things considered.

This doesnít make sense. Many of of have preordered games that have since been delayed. No one deserves anything special because they didnít cancel a pre order or waiting a longer time for the game to come out
Old 08-30-21, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,394 Posts

I do wonder what the hell the delay is. This looks very much like the last 20-30 Lego games.
I hope this means that at least it plays somewhat differently from the original Star Wars games, which I played a lot with my son when he was much younger some ten years ago.
Old 08-30-21, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've mentioned playing these Lego games with my son over the years and while it's fun to see them explore new facets of the worlds (like the Jawa sandcrawler), one of the things that would frustrate me and make me not want to play for a while is when we could get into an area and just have absolutely no idea how to progress.

We'd be bashing every wall, shooting grappling hooks everywhere, trying different characters for their abilities and then we'd finally stumble across the solution. If we're lucky, they're using the extra time to make sure none of that nonsense is in the game anywhere.

If we're really lucky, they're adding in stuff from Rogue One and Solo, or maybe even The Clone Wars/Rebels.
Old 08-30-21, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 563 Likes on 459 Posts

Yeah, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the last LEGO game I played was the third Batman one. I came to a point where I got so frustrated/lost with what to do that I quit the game.

Not only did I quit, but I deleted my save file and uninstalled it. Itís honestly one of the times I remember getting super frustrated with a game.
Old 08-31-21, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bchbum View Post
This doesnít make sense. Many of of have preordered games that have since been delayed. No one deserves anything special because they didnít cancel a pre order or waiting a longer time for the game to come out
That's quite a compelling argument. My point was that we've been on-board for a year (maybe more). To get some digital figures or content really isn't a big deal.. considering the game is now delayed another half year. You make it sound like they're going to personally charge you for giving the customer a digital SW character.
Old 11-19-21, 11:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

The wait for this is excruciating. Will make the playing of it all the sweeter though.