Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - 30 Aug 2019 (Supermassive, makers of UNTIL DAWN!)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - 30 Aug 2019 (Supermassive, makers of UNTIL DAWN!)

Old 07-18-19, 03:10 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Legend

Received 133 Likes on 94 Posts

https://www.thedarkpictures.com/

Man of Medan is the first game in The Dark Pictures Anthology, bringing supernatural horror on board a ghost-ship adrift in the South Pacific.

3 ways to play!

Introducing multiplayer to The Dark Pictures Anthology!
1. Solo story
The complete terrifying story as a single player experience

2. Movie night mode
You and up to 4 friends will play the story together on the couch, each controlling a different character

And:
3. Shared story
2 player online co-operative mode. Play the whole story online with a friend, making choices that effect you both.

Looks interesting.

Gameplay footage from Game Informer:
Old 07-18-19, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - 30 Aug 2019 (Supermassive, makers of UNTIL DAWN!)

I'm very excited for this. Until Dawn is probably the most under-rated game of the generation IMHO. $29.99 for this experience seems like a complete no-brainer.
Old 09-01-19, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - 30 Aug 2019 (Supermassive, makers of UNTIL DAWN!)

I picked this up yesterday. Are there any others that will get this on PS4 and be interested in a co-op session? It would be cool to coordinate a playthrough or two with some fellow talkers.
Old 09-01-19, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The game is a complete misfire. Pass if you can. Itís defintiely not worth more than $10 let alone $30.
Old 09-01-19, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, I hope it drops in price over the next few weeks so I can get some money back. Picked it up and installed it already. Will give it a go and hope for at least some entertainment.
Old 09-02-19, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Wtf is going on with this game?? The way it jumps back and forth between characters leaves me with no idea what's happening. Apparently I just got Brad killed, but I have no idea how as he wasn't under my control. It went from two other characters to showing Brad laying in a pool of blood. Ugh. Wished I hadn't bought this.
Old 09-02-19, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359 View Post
Wtf is going on with this game?? The way it jumps back and forth between characters leaves me with no idea what's happening. Apparently I just got Brad killed, but I have no idea how as he wasn't under my control. It went from two other characters to showing Brad laying in a pool of blood. Ugh. Wished I hadn't bought this.
I'm sure you've played more by now and seen that a lot of stuff you're seeing is hallucinations so Brad isn't dead. The main characters don't die off screen.
Old 09-02-19, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981 View Post
The game is a complete misfire. Pass if you can. Itís definitely not worth more than $10 let alone $30.
Unfortunately I agree. I can't imagine playing this with a party because the first hour to hour and a half are boring as fuck and nothing really happens until you get to the
Spoiler:
ghost ship
. I had everyone alive until literally the last scene missed one button prompt and one of the characters was killed.

It's also pretty much impossible to see anything in this game. I put the brightness at 100 and my tv's brightness all the way up and still could barely see doors or anything else of note.
Old 09-03-19, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Unfortunately I agree. I can't imagine playing this with a party because the first hour to hour and a half are boring as fuck and nothing really happens until you get to the
Spoiler:
ghost ship
. I had everyone alive until literally the last scene missed one button prompt and one of the characters was killed.

It's also pretty much impossible to see anything in this game. I put the brightness at 100 and my tv's brightness all the way up and still could barely see doors or anything else of note.
After Brad's death it went to a cut scene with the narrator and he says something about me losing another one. I haven't played anymore since then but it sure seems he's dead and if that's the case I wasn't in control.
Old 09-03-19, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Wolf359 View Post
After Brad's death it went to a cut scene with the narrator and he says something about me losing another one. I haven't played anymore since then but it sure seems he's dead and if that's the case I wasn't in control.
That's weird then. I had a part where one of my characters saw him dead but during the next character switch he was alive and well.
Old 09-03-19, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Questyen View Post
Spoiler:
ghost ship

Yup. Same issues here across the board.
Old 09-03-19, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They already have a teaser up for the next game in the series

Old 09-03-19, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
They already have a teaser up for the next game in the series

https://youtu.be/IE6dLouVEHc
That teaser appears at the end of the game also.